Cyberpunk 2077 Forum Short Story Competition - Discussion

+
Hey Choomba!

This is the official discussion thread for the Cyberpunk 2077 Forum Short Story Competition.

Feel free to discuss the short stories of all participants here, share other short stories or just ask any questions you might have regarding this contest. Should you criticize an author's work, please remember to keep the criticism constructive and always remain respectful of the author and their creation.

As always, our forum rules apply to this thread.

Alright, and now I want to see you write ! ;)

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Forum members will act as Final round of judges.

Judge, jury and executioner.

judgedredd.0.jpg

I dunno why, but he immediately came to mind when reading the quote.

Strangely enough (you might think) I'm not much of a story writer.
I tend to re-write myself multiple times and am never really satisfied with the results.

I tend to re-write myself multiple times and am never really satisfied with the results.
You say that, but your sections in the Zetatech job were great!

Ramzah

Forum regular
I am unsure where to write my short story post, in this thread even tho my story is not in english or should i make a new thread in my language sub-forum? (I'm not even sure i can make new threads yet..)

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
I am unsure where to write my short story post, in this thread even tho my story is not in english or should i make a new thread in my language sub-forum? (I'm not even sure i can make new threads yet..)

There is a separate thread (on the corresponding forum) for every language the competition is held it.

Ramzah

Forum regular
There is a separate thread (on the corresponding forum) for every language the competition is held it.
So just to be clear: If my language sub-forum has no threads regarding the contest that means my language is not elegible to apply for the competition and if i wanted to participate i'd have to post in the english thread above, right?

So just to be clear: If my language sub-forum has no threads regarding the contest that means my language is not elegible to apply for the competition and if i wanted to participate i'd have to post in the english thread above, right?

Correct and to be clear, the story should be written in English.

Most writers are never completely satisfied with their work, so you're in excellent company.

I'm just going to have fun with this. Just had a thought, does it matter what spelling we use? If it has to be American I will need to reset my dictionary to check for those.

I used to write a lot and know a guy who still does, knew a guy who did for sure, read many quotes and it all said the same thing: a writer (or a creator, even) is extremely unlikely to be satisfied with their own work to an extent that doesn't encourage them to rewrite the entire thing.

So, relax, I guess, it's a natural part of the process. At one point I just decided to step away from my personal satisfaction as a criterion and changed things that were either a mistake (grammar, spelling, whatever) or were inconsistent with the story in some way. Makes it far easier to write, and people don't even think it could be better in the end.

Most writers are never completely satisfied with their work, so you're in excellent company.

I'm just going to have fun with this. Just had a thought, does it matter what spelling we use? If it has to be American I will need to reset my dictionary to check for those.
Just under the English umbrella. No specific dialect is required.

Here goes nothing.
Please let me know if there's anything to fix, especially grammatical errors since english is my second language.
All suggestions and tips are welcome.
P.S.
I hope you don't mind my little Blade Runner homage.

@Rawls

1. Each participating language sub-forum will have their own competition. All submissions must be in the appropriate language for the sub-forum to be considered.

In which sub-forums/languages is the contest active?

Top Bottom