Stuck at the first dialog!

+
Stuck at the first dialog!

Hi, This may sound silly but I'm stuck at the beginning of the game where i'm supposed to initiate my first dialog. After the fight scene, an NPC asks me "How do you feel?" but there is no option appears to pick from. No mouse cursor, no key response nothing! The game just sits there.Here's the SS I took so you can see it yourselves. Am I doing something wrong? I tried a different mouse with no luck.
system specs:Opteron 185 (@2.8 )Asus A832SLI Deluxe2gb OCZ Gold DDR5002x eVGA 8800GTX (SLI)4x Raptor 150GB (Raid0)X-fi Elite ProPC P&C 850SSIRazer CopperheadOS: Windows XP-SP2 32bit, all drivers are up-to-date. I'm having absolutely zero problems with all the other games I'm currently playing (CoH-OP, Crysis Demo, Portal, TF2, HL2-EP2, STALKER etc, etc). Any help will greatly be appreciated.

UPDATE: I tried to start the game with different settings, resolution, EAX disabled etc. but none worked. I really need help on this. I can't even start the damn game!

maybe you can by pass it. Each option is assigned a number, from 1 -> X. Try pressing 1,2,3 etc..

I tried but the keyboard does not respond. The game runs fine no problem but no keyboard keys work.

UPDATE: Finally fixed it. Reinstalling the game into the default directory worked. It was installed in a different drive in Games directory before. So I guess you can't install it anywhere else which is kinda stupid but I'm glad at least I got the game working. So far more cutscenes than gameplay. This better stop sometime soon.

first post here...i have the same problem in same place;clean install in default path did't helped.

I too have this exact same issue, and several reinstalls havent helped me at all. I've tried fiddling with every possible setting, and upgrading every driver, nothing works.

Hi,Just installed the d2d version, patched it to 1.1a.Start the game, go through the initial opening scenes, the fight breaks out.Grab a sword, kill peasants, then to cut scene with "How do you feel?" dialog. Just stops there, doesn't actually freeze, but cant get any menus down,Any suggestions greatly appreciatedCheers

Well reinstall into default directory got me past the "How do you feel" dialog successfully.Now while I was doing that I have noticed that the installer (of the game) just quits when it starts installing the redistributables.There is no link in the start menu, but I can start the game with the launcher. It shows in the add/remove programs. Similar thing happened in install 1, just didn't pay it that much attention.I have even redownloaded the Direct2Play install files (another5.5GB!) and still same thing.Although I have got past the stuck spot, just worried that the game is not installed properly.Still want those diag files?

Artek211 said:
Well reinstall into default directory got me past the "How do you feel" dialog successfully.Now while I was doing that I have noticed that the installer (of the game) just quits when it starts installing the redistributables.
I wouldn't worry about that. If the installer just quits, it's likely the redists are either:a) There from a previous installb) There from another gamec) Just installing really quicklyEither way, if you were missing the redists, you'd know it by now :)Cheers,Mopy

I would still like to see a successful install message.Also, icons in start menu and on desktop would be good ;)I love the game, just wish they waited another month to get rid of all these bugs :)Looking forward to patch 1.2

Vista 32, fully patchednVidia 6800 in SLI, latest beta driver10K SATA drives, fully defragged

I had this problem yesterday when i installed Vista... When i tried to install the witcher. i was running in problems with c++ redist instalation....What i did is that i went to the link for microsoft framework in the faq, downloaded framework 1.0 1.1 2.0 3.0Then after a reboot, i updated vista again, it found a security patch for one of them (dont remember which tho)Tried to reinstall the game and everything went great !!

Top Bottom