Revert the Weekly Crow-Point Cap

+
Under the old system you could play (6+12+24+24)x7=462 rounds of gwent. Under the new system you can only play 350 rounds before you stop receiving any reward points. I think it is bad for the game when you punish your most loyal player base, by removing any incentitive to continue playing.

Admittedly, under the new system you receive; (350/24)x2+2x7+(30x3)/24*2=50.66 CP. Taking into account the weekly challenge quests, daily log in reward and additional reward for compleating a daily quest.

Which is better then (2+2+1+1)x7=42 reward points you at maximum would receive under the old system. I would still prefer to be able to play as much as I want during any week.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
I would still prefer to be able to play as much as I want during any week.

Actually, I think the issue for most players is the opposite. They are forced to play more (than normal) to keep up. While under the old system, you had "checkpoints" were you could decide to quit (halfway).

Actually, I think the issue for most players is the opposite. They are forced to play more (than normal) to keep up. While under the old system, you had "checkpoints" were you could decide to quit (halfway).

Okay, then despite the content of the criticism, most players including me dislike the new system for different reasons.
My point still stands. It is wrong to punish the most loyal player base by restricting the rewards we receive from playing by lowering weekly crown point cap.

At start I also wasn't happy about this new system. I used to play 6+12 CP 4 to 6 times a week for the first 6 months and the other days 6 CP, nearly every day. I also did a few times 6+12+24, even twice the "Ox tour" (6+12+24+24). That was too much for me. So I reduced it to 3 times 6+12 + 3 x 6 in a week last month - which was still a lot.
After the criticism they lowered the requirements for the quests and added a daily login bonus. As casual you get more RP than before, as average player about the same and only the hardcore player get fewer RP. The limit of 350 CP already was in the journey.

+ The big advantage is now, as it was in the journey, we have a consecutive system which gives you the opportunity to play whenever you want. You are not stuck on 24h.
- The motivation to play more is lowered,
+ on the other hand its more quality

For me it's better. Every day I was thinking: I need to play at least 1h - 1,5h for 6CP otherwise I would lose 2 RP.

If you want to play, play. If you don’t want to play, don’t play. I believe it is destructive to start thinking of a game as a job. Consider rewards as a special bonus you sometimes get while having fun, not as a necessity you work for.

If you want to play, play. If you don’t want to play, don’t play. I believe it is destructive to start thinking of a game as a job. Consider rewards as a special bonus you sometimes get while having fun, not as a necessity you work for.

Personally I dont need the extra resources, eg; not receiving any resources wont have any effect on my in-game purchace of kegs. All I want is to do some intensive grinding, to compleate contracts, fill out reward book etc. However, I dont have any incentitive to do so, given how reward system is constructed. Hence i'm rather ecouraged by the system to postpone my needs.

You cant realy say that 'play if you want, otherwise dont'. It's not how economy works. High interest rates ecourage you to save higher percentage of your income. Similarly, not getting any rewards, ecourages you to postpone any in game activity. It is just how it works. Healthy, not healthy, is in the end my own decision. Why should I be shackled by the system ?

And besides, my play time is positive externality for everyone else involved. Having large player base is healthy for the game. Smaller queue time, more variety. Atleast give 1 more reward point for compleating a 24 round circle, post 350 rounds, is it so much to ask ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom