Most expensive perks (to date) and current updated list of Attributes (5) /Skill trees (12) and some new perks information

+
i'd take the skill tree to theorycraft my character. it'll be funny to see how whatever i plan gets tossed in the heat of the story or altered because of the gameplay-feel.
very interested in how the skill tree will change over the years though

We can also guess they'll expand the skill tree , perk, weapons and cybernetics via expansion packs.

Oh build theorycrafting, I like that!

- Unfair Advantage - deal 10% more damage to enemies with higher Max HP.
That's not quite what the guy in the vid said.
It's higher health percentage. Meaning to get a measly 10% damage boost (maybe the perk is upgradeable) you have to be at a lower health percentage than your enemies.
I can't say I'm a fan of that, it encourages you the be lower health than your enemies to get minimal benefits, that's quite the tradeoff.

- Ninja - Unlock the Block Bullet ability to deflect bullets and perform dash attacks (seem certain Perks will unlock certain skills for V)
This one I like.

-Embrace the Shadows - 25% HP Regen when in Stealth/Sneaking
Again, this is not quite what he says. It's 25% faster regen meaning it's a modifier on top of your own health regen.
This one is weird to me, if you're in stealth you're not in active combat so a 25% faster regen (which honestly seems low to me for the cost of a perk point) doesn't feel like a huge benefit. Just eat a donut or something to heal up.

-Crouching Tiger - Movement Speed Increase by 30% when in Stealth/Sneaking
This one seems pretty good. 30% extra movement speed is huge when you're trying to move between blindspots.

- Attraction and Replsion - Unlock ability to push grabbed enemies. (can probably allow you to throw enemies off cliffs to kill them)
He says grappling, not grabbing. Wonder if that means you can grapple enemies while in combat and not just from stealth. Would be awesome.
If it's only from stealth grabbing then it's more situational, could still prove useful but I wouldn't call it a must have for my build.

- Dagger Dealer - Unlock ability to use Throwing Knives
Yes please!
Wish more games had throwing knives. Killing off fleeing enemies in Dark Messiah by throwing your dagger at them was fun.

- Hidden Dragon - Unlock ability to perform Aerial Takedowns.
Sounds very useful.
Would probably be even more useful of you could grapple on to wall like that 2018 footage but that probably got removed along with wallrunning unfortunately.

-Ninjutsu - All Sneak attacks with melee weapons will deal 100% more damage and 100% Crit hit.
Sounds like a must have for sneaky melee characters. Will definitely get this

-Stunning Blow - Fast melee attacks will stagger enemies.
Sounds very useful... borderline broken even.

-Hasty Retreat - Gain 50% movement speed when spotted by Enemies.
Wonder about the specifics of this one.
If it's movement speed while getting detected you could use it to get close ot the guy spotting you and kill him before they all go on alert.
If it's after you've been detected then you can use the movement speed buff to quickly cut down a couple of them. I'm assuming it's temporary and you can't just run around at +50% movement speed for the entire fight, that would be insane
Either way seems very good.

Stagger in other games usually set up another ability. I'm curious, besides grenades and mines, if there are any other explosive devices... you know for science <3

Heavy melee attacks will probably fall under body, rather than fast melee attacks.
I think hand to hand (with its attacks) falls under body while blades (with their own attacks, heavy, light, whatever) fall under reflex. I don't think they're separating heavy and light attacks between 2 different attributes. At least I hope they don't.

NightCityLife.de recreation of the Athletic Perk skill tree

'A crowning skill at the bottom of the tree, also called a trait, requires the activation (almost) of all previous ones. '

Some examples of Athletic perks you can invest n.

Gladiator
- reduces damage taken while blocking by 20%.
  • Regeneration - slowly regenerates health in combat.
  • Pack Mule - doubles carrying capacity.
  • Invincible -increases maximum health by 10%.
  • Super Hero Landing - reduces fall damage by 5%.
  • Multitasker - lets you shoot while sprinting, sliding and jumping at the same time.
  • Transporter - lets you shoot and sprint while carrying a body.
  • Hard motherfucker - at the start of a fight, armor and resistance are increased by 20% for 10 seconds.
Street Brawler is a tree with 20 individual skills, which is mainly about hand-to-hand combat.

For Annihilation [under Body] it comes to heavy weapons such as shotguns and heavy machine guns, {19 Skills].

Reflex = handguns (20 skills), rifles (20 skills) and blades (23 skills).

Device hacking has 21 skills under Intelligence

Examples of Skills under Crafting Skill Tree (19 skills)
  • Master Gunsmith - 5% chance of getting an additional prototype component as crafting material for every item made.
  • R&D - the said skill that enables you to upgrade items to the legendary quality level.
  • Crazy Science is a trait, a kind of master skill at the bottom of the talent tree, which increases the sales prices of your items by 25%.

Examples of Skills under Engineering skill tree
  • Mech Looter - you can loot scrap from drones, robots and mechs and have a 30% chance of finding weapon parts.
  • Blast Shielding - reduces your explosion damage taken by 10%.
  • Shrapnel - adds 20 additional damage to all previous garnet effects.
  • Grenadier - make the explosion radius of grenades visible to you.
  • Reverse engineering - lets you take off weapon mods.
  • You can't touch this - make yourself immune to the effects of your own grenades

'Currently you can reach a maximum attribute level of 20, however, the CDPR team is still dealing with balancing and maybe the level cap will increase later in the DLCs.'

'Progress within a skill tree is fairly classic: perk points are used for unlocking, an unlocked skill enables the unlocking of another, etc. (see skill tree diagram above). You can apparently unlock some skills up to a maximum level of 3, which makes the effects even stronger. For some skills, however, you have to have spent a certain number of perks in the tree in order to unlock them. A crowning skill at the bottom of the tree, also called a trait, requires the activation (almost) of all previous ones. '

' There's an optical reward on top. Because if you remember correctly, CD Projekt Red already said that the animations of V improve the better you can do an action. While holding a weapon and reloading it can initially seem clumsy, the more you dealt with it, the more smooth and casual it becomes. '

Google translated.

Also their preview in general is the most detailed from Night City 4 hour demo.

• Pack Mule - doubles carrying capacity.
  • Invincible -increases maximum health by 10%.
  • Multitasker - lets you shoot while sprinting, sliding and jumping at the same time.
  • Transporter - lets you shoot and sprint while carrying a body.
  • Hard motherfucker - at the start of a fight, armor and resistance are increased by 20% for 10 seconds.

Those names, though.

+10% health is being "Invincible"? Okay... Speaking of, "Super Hero Landing", what? Lastly, "Hard motherfucker", really? Some those skills look nice, but those names, though.

Super Hero Landing - reduces fall damage by 5%.
Is a 0 missing there? 5% seems like a complete waste of a perkpoint.

Multitasker and Reverse Engineering sound super useful.
I'm crossing my fingers that we get a lot of skills/cyberware that are like those two: they add an ability to V opening up new gameplay possibilities and not just boring percentage increases.

Sounds like the kind of perk tree you will find in a looter shooter not for sure a Cyberpunk game. Once again Cd projekt red just crushed the source material.

I am sorry i am fan of the pen and paper and this is not cyberpunk is totally out both from the mechanics and from the spirit of it.

Slowly regenerate health-Check
Perks that panpers the player the explosion of your grenades-Check
Perks that makes you do more damage -Check
And here we are. We have all the FPS looter shooter tropes.

Thanks for sharing and translating.

Grenadier - make the explosion radius of grenades visible to you.
I really don't understand why they didn't put skills like these under cyberware. :facepalm:
Mech Looter - you can loot scrap from drones, robots and mechs and have a 30% chance of finding weapon parts.
so those are confirmed enemy types in the game. I like it.

What I really don't like is this kind of perk/skill tree with all those passive bonuses and active skills that don't make any sense. E.g. this is very stupid:
  • You can't touch this - make yourself immune to the effects of your own grenades
Or why an engineer should resist more to explosions than any other guy?

Also, you can't pick what you need unless you strongly invest in a skill tree.

I wonder what is cyberware for if skills give all those bonuses. Might be they just help interact with the world in different ways like pry open doors

From the same Nightcitylife.de article published yesterday:

Here are a few examples of cyberware that V can use:​
  • Mantis Blades - Probably the most famous cyberware in the game. The mighty blades protrude from V's forearm and several fragments are available.
  • Blood pump - Installed in the cardiovascular system slot. It activates at a certain point in time and improves healing.
  • Micro-rotors - Passive cyberware in the nervous system that improves movement speed and precision
  • Reflex tuners - are triggered cyberware that activates slow motion as soon as your health falls below a critical value.
  • Gorilla Hands - Logically installed in the hands and vastly improves your strength and melee strength. There are also several fragments here.
  • Monowire - The cyberware that houses a fiber optic lasso in your arm that you can use to easily slice opponents in slices. The quickhack function via the Monowire is probably one of the fragments.
  • Krenzikov - We first encountered this cyberware in Cyberpunk 2077 as a booster spray, but it also exists as an implant for your nervous system. The trigger activates a slow motion effect as soon as you have successfully avoided an enemy attack.
  • Synlungs - Artificial lungs that are installed in the cardiovascular system and improve the regeneration of your endurance.
This isn't a complete list of what exists in the game, I'm positive. It seems to be that cyberware focuses on the macro-activity, and the skills/perks are more about the minutiae of how things are done(?). i think the devs made good compromises between the two, as it allows for less convoluted systems of intersecting game mechanics and assets.
remember, the devs have to compromise at some point.

also, there are multiple investable points in the perks. some of the perks are 1 point and done; others are up to 3 points. so what may initially be X% damage modified, can easily turn into XX% or even 100%. this can also be modified in patches if CDPR hears reasonable arguments.

NightCityLife.de recreation of the Athletic Perk skill tree

As the late King Foltest would say:

Damn, missed the chance to call it Bad Motherf**ker instead :LOL:

Examples of Skills under Crafting Skill Tree (19 skills)
  • Master Gunsmith - 5% chance of getting an additional prototype component as crafting material for every item made.
  • R&D - the said skill that enables you to upgrade items to the legendary quality level.
  • Crazy Science is a trait, a kind of master skill at the bottom of the talent tree, which increases the sales prices of your items by 25%.

Examples of Skills under Engineering skill tree
  • Mech Looter - you can loot scrap from drones, robots and mechs and have a 30% chance of finding weapon parts.
  • Blast Shielding - reduces your explosion damage taken by 10%.
  • Shrapnel - adds 20 additional damage to all previous garnet effects.
  • Grenadier - make the explosion radius of grenades visible to you.
  • Reverse engineering - lets you take off weapon mods.

I’m one of those who lamented the removal/non-implementation of the spiderbot perks but at least the remaining techie perks seem to be, in general, something right up my alley, especially those regarding weapon mods and weapon crafting. As not-too-impressive as those features were in Fallout: New Vegas (yeah, I just can’t seem to shut up about that game :coolstory:) I still enjoyed them for what they were, so I hope to like them the same or even more in Cyberpunk 2077.

Is a 0 missing there? 5% seems like a complete waste of a perkpoint.

It’s probably a multilevel perk, that is, the max percentage could be as low as 5% and as high as, say, 25%. But yeah, depending of one’s playstyle, other perks are way more worthy of such point investment :LOL:

I wonder what is cyberware for if skills give all those bonuses. Might be they just help interact with the world in different ways like pry open doors

It seems so. For instance, while most perks (with exceptions) enable some passive abilities like landing safely from high places or temporary number increases, most cyberware seem to enable more active and “visible” stuff, like double jump, slowmo, or finishing moves.

Last edited:
"Since Cyberpunk 2077 is of course an RPG, the characteristics of your character such as attributes and skills influence your success. This can routinely be completely unconscious (e.g. in the event of gunfire) or if you perform skill checks in certain situations. For example, your attributes can decide whether V actually notices automatically that a certain credit chip in a mission also contains a virus or not. "

According to some journalists (Parris), you could spot the virus in Meredith's chip because of V's ability to smell corpo's bullshit if they have corpo background but NightcityLife says it's due to the intelligence skill.

Or is it that you can spot it with corpo BG but must have the skills to remove it?

several people who played it and had the skills invested said they removed it because of the skills. i think corpo can sniff it out because they're corpo but you still need the skills to clean the chip

i mentioned to a streamer that i hope you can transfer the virus to a blank chip and keep the money. but that'd be wildly complex, so it's just a wish for now.

Top Bottom