Character Customization!

+
I am truly hoping for long hair for my female V. It is one of the make it or break it things for me in games. Fallout 4 and Skyrim have a modders community who made my wish come true. SWTOR I actually waited until long hair was added before playing. I get it, Cyberpunk has these razor shaved bob hairstyles and game mechanic wise they don't clip with any outfits. For myself clipping is such a non issue and additionally Cyberpunk 2077 is FP.

TLDR: I am really hoping for long hair styles.

fan art.jpg
Longhair.png
Nomad.png

Last edited:
I am truly hoping for long hair for my female V. It is one of the make it or break it things for me in games. Fallout 4 and Skyrim have a modders community who made my wish come true. SWTOR I actually waited until long hair was added before playing. I get it, Cyberpunk has these razor shaved bob hairstyles and game mechanic wise they don't clip with any outfits. For myself clipping is such a non issue and additionally Cyberpunk 2077 is FP.

TLDR: I am really hoping for long hair styles.

View attachment 11051429View attachment 11051432View attachment 11051435

Totally agree with you (y) I want long hair and don`t care about clipping but i am sure we are in the minority here . Sadly i haven`t seen anyone with long hair in any of the game play . I really hope for unique hair for V. Nothing worse then picking great hair only to find every second NPC has the same hair :facepalm:

Totally agree with you (y) I want long hair and don`t care about clipping but i am sure we are in the minority here . Sadly i haven`t seen anyone with long hair in any of the game play . I really hope for unique hair for V. Nothing worse then picking great hair only to find every second NPC has the same hair :facepalm:

In the 48 min demo there are some NPC's with hair just past the shoulders but none with really long hair. I would do a little dance at my desk if there are long hair options at creation!

In the 48 min demo there are some NPC's with hair just past the shoulders but none with really long hair. I would do a little dance at my desk if there are long hair options at creation!

Who needs long hair. Shave it and upgrade to the revolutionary new MK-8RFLCT Skin cyberware.
Your head is now the Diamond of Night City! Get the shiniest and most slick head your friends have ever seen, and it even works in combat!
Blind your enemies when the sun reflects off your fabulous bald head without any effort!

Who needs long hair. Shave it and upgrade to the revolutionary new MK-8RFLCT Skin cyberware.
Your head is now the Diamond of Night City! Get the shiniest and most slick head your friends have ever seen, and it even works in combat!
Blind your enemies when the sun reflects off your fabulous bald head without any effort!

Every time I think of chrome domes I think of the old cylons from Battlestar Galactica =P

I don't see why they wouldn't have long hairstyles, it's not like they have to animate it.

Now you say it, longer hair will interact with character movement, collision with the clothing beneath, so the hair must have a physics system to interact & move properly with your clothing, etc.., even the wind (ex of systems : rig & joints, pre-calculated movement, dedicated hair simulation...) Otherwise, it'll look like either a stiff wig or a buggy mess.

Now you say it, longer hair will interact with character movement, collision with the clothing beneath, so the hair must have a physics system to interact & move properly with your clothing, etc.., even the wind (ex of systems : rig & joints, pre-calculated movement, dedicated hair simulation...) Otherwise, it'll look like either a stiff wig or a buggy mess.
Why would it need those things if you don't see it? If it's about your character's shadow, that already looks stiff and janky from what we've seen.

Why would it need those things if you don't see it? If it's about your character's shadow, that already looks stiff and janky from what we've seen.

Ok I understand your point, but sorry I was just answering on the technicality of long haircuts ^^ For example, you know that there's gonna be mirrors in the environment, it's enough for making efforts to animate those hairs...
I should pay more attention to the shadows, I don't recall seeing what you said.

As if hair physics is such hard thing to do in 2020. If Cybeprunk 2077 won't have long hair with physics, that one guy at the dev team who decided to refuse from using Hairworks again [...], because Fallout 4 five years earlier had hair physics. (and mods for long hairstyles)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I understand your point, but sorry I was just answering on the technicality of long haircuts ^^ For example, you know that there's gonna be mirrors in the environment, it's enough for making efforts to animate those hairs...
I should pay more attention to the shadows, I don't recall seeing what you said.
Sure, but I doubt mirrors are going to be in areas where wind is blowing for example and you're not going to be doing extreme actions in front of a mirror you'll just be standing there so the hair doesn't have to do much.

Top Bottom