Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings again -

Still working on getting my minimum posts up, and I totally understand about working to prevent bots from swamping.

I can't get past the Messenger in the Hairy Bear. I've read to get him drunk ( 5 weak beers does it), but he still tells me to "shove off" when I ask (or threaten) him for the identity of who's offering $ for the brooches. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Greetings again -

Still working on getting my minimum posts up, and I totally understand about working to prevent bots from swamping.

I can't get past the Messenger in the Hairy Bear. I've read to get him drunk ( 5 weak beers does it), but he still tells me to "shove off" when I ask (or threaten) him for the identity of who's offering $ for the brooches. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Remember, if you have a topic you'd like to post about, do that here, then flag a moderator. We'll move your post to the correct board.

EDIT: Sorry, I seem to be half-processing messages lately:
You're referring to which Witcher title? (That sounds familiar, but I can't quite recall it...)

Last edited:
Greetings!
Just call me Whiskey...
I bought the Witcher 3 in 2015 and it changed my video game life!
I think it did for a ton of RPG fans.

Excited is a underestimation of how I feel for CP 2077!

My question is simple... Will CDPR do any console testing? Specifically for PlayStation? If so where do you sign up?

These forums go on forever so I wasn’t sure where to start?

Greetings!
Just call me Whiskey...
I bought the Witcher 3 in 2015 and it changed my video game life!
I think it did for a ton of RPG fans.

Excited is a underestimation of how I feel for CP 2077!

My question is simple... Will CDPR do any console testing? Specifically for PlayStation? If so where do you sign up?

These forums go on forever so I wasn’t sure where to start?

Welcome! You picked the perfect place to start. And I know what you mean about TW3. It was monumental. When I played it, I was like: "Yes - yes! This is what I always knew a video game could be -- if only a studio were brave and crazy enough to put that much creative effort into it!"

I used to daydream about exactly that type of gameplay, visuals, cinematics, and narrative when I was playing the Ultima games back in the '80s and '90s. And now, we have it! So awesome.

Thanks for the quick reply, SigilFrey and sorry for the late response. I thought I'd set it to "email me me when someone posts a reply" but apparently not. Will have to check.

I'm playing Witcher One, Enhanced Edition/Director's Cut. Like I said, this has to do with Declan Leuvaarden's Messenger and the quest to find out who's paying for Salamandra brooches.

I realize that it may not be possible to play this game in any kind of linear fashion, and I may have completed something that makes this guy like my useless appendix. There's nothing spot on in the wiki about this particular character and situation I'm in. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hello. I would like to see the name changed from 2077 to 3077. There is no way there can or will be the tech advances for much of this game be a reality. That said, in a thousand years it is likely to be actually more advanced. Compare where we are tech wise today compared to the lives of people a thousand years ago and then consider how far tech advances will be in a thousand years from now. Having a great name is as important to having a great game in my opinion. When people see a name that makes people think it is a game based in todays world then the people looking for a game in the future are just as likely to overlook it then to investigate it. I found this game because of a I wasn't watching where I was clicking on the YouTube page and was sent to the game page. I had no intention of even looking at a game set in 57 years from now. Then I realized it was actually a future (far future) somewhat reality based game and now I'm very excited to get the game and give it a try (plus the fact I read somewhere that a multiplayer version will also be launched later).

Greetings All -

Is there a way to skip all the splash screens when starting the game? Some way to get to the Load Previous Game screen without mashing the ESC key 3-4 times to get to it? Even a little batch file would be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi 4RM3D, new members here. I would like to discuss current balance topics regarding SK and NG with my fellow players or potentially cdpr members. Is there a general thread for that or some other process which I can participate in?

Thx for your help.

Hi 4RM3D, new members here. I would like to discuss current balance topics regarding SK and NG with my fellow players or potentially cdpr members. Is there a general thread for that or some other process which I can participate in?

There is no dedicated thread for either. Most of the discussion has taken place in the official news threads [here] and [here]. Though, there is a separate Skellige thread that kinda "mutated" into a general discussion about how Skellige should be tweaked.

You can always start a new discussion/thread by writing it here. Afterwards, a moderator can move the thread to the correct location.

PS. You can mention users with the "@" symbol, e.g. @4RM3D.

There is no dedicated thread for either. Most of the discussion has taken place in the official news threads [here] and [here]. Though, there is a separate Skellige thread that kinda "mutated" into a general discussion about how Skellige should be tweaked.

You can always start a new discussion/thread by writing it here. Afterwards, a moderator can move the thread to the correct location.

PS. You can mention users with the "@" symbol, e.g. @4RM3D.

Okay, thank you for the info

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the PS5 upgrade of the game.

I read that anyone who buys a PS4 version of the game gets a free upgrade to play it on the PS5 console - which is great! However does anyone know if this is only the case for the physical copies? As I preordered the digital version on the PS4 store, so would I still get the upgrade on a PS5?

Cheers!

Greetings -

Is there a list somewhere of which mats can be bought and sold and from whom? I noticed in the description for Cocatrice Feathers for example, that they can neither be bought nor sold, while other items indicate a buy/sell price, though not who the merchants might be. Thanks!

Had a question. Was playing Arena match and at the beginning of match a card the size of the playing table displaying a question mark on its back covered the playing field so it could not be seen. The other player seemed to be able to see the playing field because they continued play. Not sure if this is some kind of hack or??? I noted the opponents username in case it was requested. Thank you

Welcome Thread

OK, Ladies and Gentlemen. It’s highest time to liven up this board a little bit.First of all, I’d suggest all of us to introduce ourselves here. Some of you are on this board for quite some time, but I think such welcome topic will do us good in getting to know each other. You can also post some photos of yours here - if you wish of course.So, let me start. I’m Daerdin, and I’m a moderator of international part of The Official Witcher Board. It was Dziadu’s crazy idea to put me in such a role, so blame him ;) As maybe some of you know, I’m also the leader of The Witcher Guild at GameSpot. As a private person, I’m a teacher of English in junior high school and of course a big fan of the Witcher. OK, enough of me. Now it’s time for you.Once again welcome to our board and Long Live The Witcher!

Hi there!

I'm a player from China and I've played The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for nearly 400 hours. I mean, what a game! But I've recently found a minor mistake in the ending titles of the base version of the game. It said (in Chinese, shown in the following screenshot), "The Witcher 4: Wild Hunt is an adaptation of Andrzej Sapkowski's Work". The Witcher 4!!! When I saw this, my first instinct was there's going to be a Witcher 4, OFFICIALLY! But when ration came back to me, I realized that it should be a simple typo maybe during the process of localization. I honestly wanted this to be true, but I do felt obliged to report it to you guys. Hope my dream would come true some day in the future ^_^

Best wishes,

Ryan

P.S. The mentioned screenshot:
20200704001737_1.jpg

Hi there!

I'm a player from China and I've played The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for nearly 400 hours. I mean, what a game! But I've recently found a minor mistake in the ending titles of the base version of the game. It said (in Chinese, shown in the following screenshot), "The Witcher 4: Wild Hunt is an adaptation of Andrzej Sapkowski's Work". The Witcher 4!!! When I saw this, my first instinct was there's going to be a Witcher 4, OFFICIALLY! But when ration came back to me, I realized that it should be a simple typo maybe during the process of localization. I honestly wanted this to be true, but I do felt obliged to report it to you guys. Hope my dream would come true some day in the future ^_^

Best wishes,

Ryan

P.S. The mentioned screenshot:
View attachment 11051306

It's likely nothing that will be addressed at this point -- but good eyes! If there's ever a remastered edition, send in whatever errors you've discovered. (Then, maybe, one day, we'll be like: "Add a comma...here. Now, the game is complete.")

:D

Hi! i am kinda new, a month and a half into the game :D i just joined this community and im hoping to meet nice peoples here!

Hello, i'm having some tecnical issues playing on pc. 10 minutes into the game i get a black screen, some beeps and my pc crashes and have to restart it. I reainstalled the game, eliminated the 4k dlc, corrected the corrupted files but nothis seems working. I get the same thing every time.

Hi! i am kinda new, a month and a half into the game :D i just joined this community and im hoping to meet nice peoples here!

Hello from the nice peoples of the internet! (If anyone seems grumpy, they're probably just hungry.)

Hello, i'm having some tecnical issues playing on pc. 10 minutes into the game i get a black screen, some beeps and my pc crashes and have to restart it. I reainstalled the game, eliminated the 4k dlc, corrected the corrupted files but nothis seems working. I get the same thing every time.

Firstly, please identify the game you're talking about, your PC specs, the platform you're on (GOG, Steam, Origin, etc.), and post again here. We can then move the post to a new thread!

My guess would be: run the installation / repair for all Microsoft Redistributables that come with the installation package. Then, verify / repair the game through your marketplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom