Ubisoft's Totally Unintentional Witcher 3 Mods [AC Valhalla]

+
stenspil sounds pretty good. i expected bruun to lower his tenor but he's...serviceable.
ubisoft needs to let their characters speak like real people. it's always way too cartoonish...their 3d assets don't help either.

It's possible they used a similar color pallet because of the area and the time period are very similar.

Europe and England in the mid 1200 - 1300's. But I definitely did feel like it had a Witcher 3 aesthetic.

Just watched the new 20min gameplay on YT..it looks like what happens when they try to copy witcher, god of war, and dark souls at once, toss in some supernatural nonsense (inb4 we kill Thor or something) and slap the AC label on it

Graphics out of 2014 and the male eivor voice sounds like he's still awaiting puberty. Can't wait for the perfect 100 score from metacritic though

Last edited:
Funny how all say ubisoft copy this and that, everybody copy something from another game, movie, tv show, book...... at some point.

Funny how all say ubisoft copy this and that, everybody copy something from another game, movie, tv show, book...... at some point.

Creating a clone of a game vs. taking inspiration from another type of media and turning it into a game are two different things my dude

At this point, I might even expect the next Watch Dogs after legion to take heavily after Cyberpunk. Ubi will literally follow where the money is.

At this point, I might even expect the next Watch Dogs after legion to take heavily after Cyberpunk. Ubi will literally follow where the money is.
There's the inevitable stand alone DLC for far cry 6 first. It's also a FPP, even easier to copy+paste

Lol not going to continue this talk, AC is it own game same as Witcher 3, Ubisoft and CDPR take many mechanics and game elements from other games, both have their pros and cons.

Lol not going to continue this talk, AC is it own game same as Witcher 3, Ubisoft and CDPR take many mechanics and game elements from other games, both have their pros and cons.

Still missing the not-so-subtle difference between copying someone else's work, and being creative on your own but you're entitled to your views ofc

I'd say copy and paste as well but it's gonna be more like a watered-down version. And they'll probably do that in 3 games.
Yeah there's no way ubi wants to make excellent games. As good as they can with as little effort as possible.
Post automatically merged:

You're right because if it was a 100% clone then it would actually be good lmao
This was very good one. :ROFLMAO:

I think they should change to their original formula. If they wanted to make an open-world rpg game they should've just made a new IP. It is basically a Viking simulator.

Because only CDPR is allowed to make games in a dark ages European theme.....

I'm a big CDPR fan and all, but I am still waiting for CDPR to make a game that is their own creation/IP and not based on a book that is already established or a TTRPG that is already established.

as much as i want to agree with you @MajesticJazz i've been thinking maybe some developers can just be good at adapting stories into games. some devs are really good at just making up their own stuff (Supergiant games is the first one that came to mind). some devs are really good at iterating on a genre (for this i'm imagining Larian re: DnD). CDPR seems to carve itself space in adapting a fiction (narrative or ttRPG) into a video game. they can just...do that. CP2077 and The Witcher are like, the industries biggest fanfics (to make a spectacular overgeneralisation), but there's not really anything wrong with that when other studios do fine making original IP (or iterating on the history of their original IP--looking at Crash, God of War, Uncharted, Dishonored, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, etc).

Top Bottom