Cyberpunk 2077: Friendship is Magic! Aka the Positivity Thread.

+
Well, as many probably know, I'm currently a bottomless pit of negativity and pessimism, yet even I though for some weeks there's a bit too much of negativity on the forum, sometimes even going close to personal attacks and such.

So for a change, and for a bit of sanity for the dev' (and moderators), why not a topic about everything we are happy (or think we will be happy) with C2077?
Cause if we're here, that's still because we think that we'll like the game, no?

Only three rules:
-No irony and half positive messages with words like "but" inside.
-No criticizing what other people like, even if you don't, or thinks other people are actually wrong about what they say.
-Hugs and Rainbows Everywhere!

So my part:
-The game actually looks like it almost entirely avoided censorship. And it means a lots to me.
-The game looks very reactive to the player actions (and not only choices), a domain where lots of other RPGs fail.
-The town really looks very cyberpunk.
-A step in the right direction about creating your own character. And as the proverb says: practice makes perfect!
-The games currently have grayed booby sliders. It means they are trying to put it in the game. Don't give up ! You can do it !
-Overall body creation.
-Adam Smasher is in the game!
-The part we saw about braindance really looks like what "Remember Me" showed but didn't really used.
-Jackie can (or will?) die!
-We can actually enter building by escalating them from the outside.
-A CDprojekt narrative and Story.
-It seems there will be lors of options, like HUD options.
-You can look at your own body in FPP.
-Will probably be the best VR game ever once modded into VR.

CDPR-FORUM.png

I ain't falling for this!

-I'm very happy that the world is huge and detailed.
-I'm super thrilled all the brands and corps and so many of the people from the lore are very very present.
-I'm happy that so many people will get to see and play in the world my friends and I have enjoyed for years - it's really cool.
-Johnny is in the game! Kind of always wanted to talk to that guy.
-I can ride motorcycles that look like Akira! Really fast! In Night City!
-My character's Handle is the same as my favourite fiction character!
-Mantis Blades.
-Art!
-Speedware
-We get to shoot Adam Smasher, quite a lot! Soooo many times!
-Jackie, because we all need an amigo. And Judy. So adorable.
-We get to shoot Netwatch!
-We get to shoot Maelstrom. Those guys, yikes.
-Immortality, man. That's cool.

-Hugs and Rainbows Everywhere!
Hyper-neotenic equine memetics, I see.

The game is based on Mike Pondsmith's Cyberpunk universe and in Night City.

It could be a point and click adventure or a walking simulator for all I care.

The fact that it will be at minimum on par with Wild Hunt, in this particular setting is bonus.

Thanks for the great thread, finally a dedicated place to share all my of my thoughts. I'll try my best not to repeat things that have already been written.

- It's set in American Southwest. I've never been to the region in my life, but all the games, movies and series that were set there made me fall in love with that kinda region of the planet.
- There are slums and badlands!
- Night City looks extremely diverse - rich and boor, always lit and mostly dark, remote and cluttered districts and places.
- There are Megabuildings!
- There are (apparently) towns outside Night City, small and self-centered, and again, they got their Soutwest vibe!
- There is day/night cycle and so far it feels like their timing for the thing is just right in the perfect middle.
- FPP, which is always good for someone who's not very good at thinking or playing RPG. I can just shoot things and get away with it!
- There are mercenaries acting like a local police in Westbrook.
- It is cyberpunk and there are people wearing all the cyberware, looking all robotic and augmented.
- There is Maelstrom gang that looks absolutely nuts.
- There is Netwatch and they sound absolutely nuts.
- There are Voodo Boys and I like their thing for the net.
- There are night rides and radio stations with all the fitting music!
- There is very likely to be a very good amount of replayability in terms of gameplay mechanics and story choices, but there are even more if you add in the player creaitvity.

The game looks good (visually).
The game sounds swell (audio design).
Mission and narrative designs sound pretty good.

That's all I can do without any but's.

Well, as many probably know, I'm currently a bottomless pit of negativity and pessimism, yet even I though for some weeks there's a bit too much of negativity on the forum, sometimes even going close to personal attacks and such.

I’m a forum regular but, at the same time, I don’t really browse it much so I didn’t know things were that bad here :giveup: It’s perfectly fine to have criticisms about the game but being so fixated on them to the point of hostility isn’t healthy.

So for a change, and for a bit of sanity for the dev' (and moderators), why not a topic about everything we are happy (or think we will be happy) with C2077?

Sounds great, I’m glad you took this initiative :cool: Here’s my “happiness list”:
  • The game seems to be to a large extent what I dreamed similar games to be someday.
  • The game’s art direction is god tier [Chef’s kiss]
  • Audio and visuals are very richly made. Both daytime and nighttime Night City look gorgeous in their own dystopic way.
  • A ton of high-production systems in a single package. Character customization, lifepaths, exploration, interactive dialogs, romance, companions, branching paths, vehicles, ranged and melee combat, attributes and perks, cyberware, crafting, weapon modding, hacking, netrunning, braindance, multiple factions to work with, different types of law enforcement, and on and on and on...
  • They’re doing some cool things with the way the game systems are presented through the first person perspective.
  • The world seems very engaging, very inviting to just soak it all in.
  • The lore and the worldbuilding are very deep and hugely intriguing, they’re two of the things that “hooked” me the most about the game actually. (I’m glad this IP is going to reach a sh*tton of people thanks to this game.)
  • The Witcher games are a testament of the quality these devs are capable of reaching regarding presentation and narrative, so I think those two aspects in Cyberpunk 2077 have the potential to become something truly memorable as well.
  • Oh, and petting cats!

P.S.: I hope you manage to get out of that dark pit you’re in.

Last edited:
Plenty, some that i've probably temporarily forgotten but i'll try to write some of them down.

- FPP. Really, there's so few first person RPG's being made these days i was (and still am) really excited when i learned this is going to be one of them.
- Night City aesthetic. It looks gorgeous and diverse, the kind of place you'd lose yourself just sightseeing. And then die horribly because you failed to spot the scavs in time.
- The three lifepaths. Very different and important for a playthrough. Makes replaying more rewarding.
- The importance of choices seem to be taken to almost another level. As far as "finishing" the game, epilogue and all, WITHOUT actually finishing the main quest. How cool is that? Means we get to decide what is important and what is not.
- Interesting and believable characters. Some say cliche. I think cliche is fine. It's cliche because it fits. Jackie is cliche, but a lovable cliche.
- Cyberware/Guns. Really looking forward to seeing/using the cool stuff.
- Keanu Reeves. He's a good actor, looking forward to his performace as Silverhand.
- I'm really liking the story they're cooking. Seems engaging and full of twists. An adventure through the Dark Future. Exciting!
- The relationship between the UI and installed cyberware. You have corporate logos on the edge of your vision from installed eye implants or how the translation happens almost in real time if you have the proper cyberware; functional advertisements.. Little things like that, of which there are many and I to tired to recall them all.

yeah judy seems to be a great. My gaydar has hope ;)

From all what i´ve seen - this looks to be a the original deus ex on steriods. have no idea how to play it on the abakus that i use as pc but damm i will.

that it seem that there will be a serious exploration of transhumanism is very exciting to me - i so wish this kinda thing would be possible allready.

if i can get an adam/eve borg conversation - independ from beeing beneficial or even bad - i will get it.

many many ways to solve quests? awesome.

but maybe most of all i am interessted in colorful and deep sidestorys. still dream and think about that damm "baron" quest from time to time.

depending on how difficult it will be to mod, and that probably a large portion of quality modder might (will) be interesstet to do something for the game... this could be absurd in its potentional.

just thinking about how much better the (great on there own) skyrim and fallout new vegas became with mods...

and i dig this threat.

-No sliders in character editor! Means awesome artists at CDPR prepared good selection for us and all of them should look great. I won't have to spend weeks adjusting my protagonist. Thanks for that.
-Looks like branching in quests will be next level.
-It seems you're less rigged into the story and it allows more freedom regarding how to approach it. It's probably tied to backgrounds, but it's still a lot.
-Visually kick-ass. Locations, pedestrians, costumes, important NPCs, animations and so on - insane job for a game of this scale. Paradise for people who enjoy retrowave, cyberpunk and stuff like that.
-Keanu, the cyberpunk icon.
-Judy.

- It's not exclusive to only one platform and it means a lot to me.
- Character creation.
- It comes without pay-to-win system, no micro-transactions too.
- As a cyberpunk genre lover, I have no doubts this game will make honor to the genre.
- It surely will provide its moments of fun, excitement and emotions.
- Vanilla game will be immersive and beautiful.
- And I can't wait for modding community to make great things so the game becomes immortal.

BUT
- I don't have the PC to run this beast (yet) :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom