V will not have the ability to dual wield weapons in this game (confirmed by Marcin)

+

Whereas NPC's such as Jackie can dual wield.

Timestamp 1:19

Collector's edition also shows V dual wielding

I kinda wanted to dual-wield two guns in this game honestly, not a big fan of machine or sub-machine guns.

Yea its kinda funny that the collectors edition statue has V dual-wielding..

Not a deal-breaker though. I still plan to use mostly my hands and cybernetics.

Yea its kinda funny that the collectors edition statue has V dual-wielding..

Not a deal-breaker though. I still plan to use mostly my hands and cybernetics.
Apex Legends had dual-wielding in one of the season trailers, people been speculating for a while for the mechanic/ability to arrive. Never did.

I guess it just looks cool.

why on hearth the collector shows dual wielding? Because it's cool? If it's so cool, why it's not in the game?

They probably have time to finish only one set of animations for firearms. Its understandable, and dualwielding could be an update later down the lane.

As to the collectors edition statue: this sort of discrepancy tends to happen when you give greater creative freedom to people. They go with something that is more cool but wasn't what the client had in mind. I'm reminded of the creative freedom Rian Johnson got to making the last Jedi, and then Rise of Skywalker spends most of its runtime retconning and dialing back what Johnson had created.

Dual wielding has never made much sense to me, anyway. It looks weird, and can't possibly be that practical despite what games like to make it seem. Especially with guns or even just melee weapons bigger than a knife.

This.

Video games and action movies love dual-wielding firearms, but the truth is that anyone dual-wielding firearms would be less effective than just wielding one.

You could probably justify it to some extent in Cyberpunk with various upgrades giving people superhuman reflexes or a greater ability to multitask than our basic biology allows, but given the natural limitations to dual-wielding I don't mind it not making the game.

Mehh... dual wielding isn't practical, and dual wielding pistols only look cool when Neo does it in the Matrix. That aside... if they include it in the game, you'll have a group of people complaining about it being unrealistic. If they don't include it, you now have people complaining about it not being there. No matter what they do, you will have someone complain about it.

It's always the same story... fist, you have people complaining that CDPR doesn't release game footage. Then when they finally do, they complain about XYZ, and when X, Y or Z changes, they complain about that too.

Last edited:
On a more serious note, I'd love to see dualwielding if the underlying systems (of all combat and gameplay, for that matter) were actually handled in an appropriate manner for an alleged "true RPG" (as they've put it in the past). But as of now I don't see how it would bring anything of interest on the table, so not having it is kinda the right thing to do.

They probably have time to finish only one set of animations for firearms. Its understandable, and dualwielding could be an update later down the lane.

As to the collectors edition statue: this sort of discrepancy tends to happen when you give greater creative freedom to people. They go with something that is more cool but wasn't what the client had in mind. I'm reminded of the creative freedom Rian Johnson got to making the last Jedi, and then Rise of Skywalker spends most of its runtime retconning and dialing back what Johnson had created.
it was rhetoric from me :)

Top Bottom