Cyberpunk 2077 - most elite combat unit?

+
NCPD has max-tac as their top assault forces, but if corporate armies are having the best equipped combat units in the city, what's their top military forces unit? I'm sure they are having some types of units with extreme metal gear. how do you think, which corporation has the most elite forces in the entire Night City? which type of military forces will be the most challenging for the player?
1595516433464.png

I think Arasaka ORC armor is a good candidate for such, but I don't know the name of the units wearing them

Since Corp Security really doesn't expect, or need, to deal with cyberpsychos much (they're site security not law enforcement after all) they probably don't have, or need, an equivalent to the the Psycho Squad.

That said they no doubt have their own "elite" teams that specialize is things that are important to Corps. Maybe a team that specializes in "extraction" (i.e kidnapping) of other Corp personnel, no doubt one that excels at cyber-bugging and sabotage, and perhaps a sort of "SWAT" team for when they need heavy firepower. But "elite" is a VERY subjective concept. No doubt the hackers are highly skilled at hacking but lack in combat capability, that doesn't make them any less "elite".

Since Corp Security really doesn't expect, or need, to deal with cyberpsychos much (they're site security not law enforcement after all) they probably don't have, or need, an equivalent to the the Psycho Squad.

That said they no doubt have their own "elite" teams that specialize is things that are important to Corps. Maybe a team that specializes in "extraction" (i.e kidnapping) of other Corp personnel, no doubt one that excels at cyber-bugging and sabotage, and perhaps a sort of "SWAT" team for when they need heavy firepower. But "elite" is a VERY subjective concept. No doubt the hackers are highly skilled at hacking but lack in combat capability, that doesn't make them any less "elite".
cyberpsychos might attack corporate plaza just like any other place, and the only military troops you can see there are the corporate military troops. other than that, Arasaka, that seems to have the biggest presence in the Night City has lots of enemies and might be target of the organized solos' attacks or corporate raids which may be more dangerous than random cyberpsychos attacks. it's in the corporation's best interest to have their own elite units with heavy metal gear armors capable of performing tasks beyond max-tac's purpose of eliminating random cyberpsychos if they are willing to keep their huge holdings in such hostile enviroment as Night City. after all, corporations are the ones who grants NCPD equipment and cyberware, making it possible for them to have units such as max-tac in the 1st place.

They have their third-party hit squads for the most part and experimental augmented units I guess. Still, none match the Psycho Squad as far as I can tell.

cyberpsychos might attack corporate plaza just like any other place <clip>
And someone MIGHT send a cyber-ninja-ghurka-commando squad after their CEO. But Corps are all about PROFIT, the expense of maintaining their own private psychosquad is extreme, even for a Corp. If a cyberpsycho shows up they can just call Max-Tac.

<clip> Arasaka, that seems to have the biggest presence in the Night City has lots of enemies and might be target of the organized solos' attacks or corporate raids which may be more dangerous than random cyberpsychos attacks.
And Arasaka probably has more enemies then most Corps. But they still operate for profit ... that's the bottom line.

it's in the corporation's best interest to have their own elite units with heavy metal gear armors capable of performing tasks beyond max-tac's purpose of eliminating random cyberpsychos if they are willing to keep their huge holdings in such hostile enviroment as Night City. after all, corporations are the ones who grants NCPD equipment and cyberware, making it possible for them to have units such as max-tac in the 1st place.
Sure, a Corp like Arasaka undoubtedly maintains some sort of elite unit. But like similar real military units (i.e. US Navy SEALs) they cannot be everywhere all the time. They probably base out of somewhere in Japan and get called in when and where needed. They're not everywhere and able to respond to an incident within minutes or even hours.
Profit.
PROFIT.
PROFIT.

Probably private security squads that only the elite 1% can afford. They'll probably have top-of-the-line equipment, whether it be made for military or private use.

Without being an expert on the cyberpunk lore much (the intricate details of the CP2020 and so on), from my understanding I'm more inclined to go with @Suhiira 's reasoning and deductions.

I don't think Arasaka (or Militech, etc) need to have something akin to MAX-TAC at their Night City HQ at all times in some sort of readiness. An army of capable "corporate goons" likely does the trick with more flexibility in terms of replacements and deployments than having a highly specialized ("elite") combat unit as super top of the line tool. They surely will have their heavy hit teams depending on how you want to categorize or specify those but I'm guessing they don't necessarily need something like a corporate MAX-TAC (on the same level) .... when they can call in NCPD's MAX-TAC (cheaper, same crap) or when they can likely deal with the threat themselves due to their general security measures.

The corporate city center is already highly policed or secured compared to other areas of the city, meaning the security and structures themselves help in deterring cyberpsychos or threats. I doubt Cyberpsychos plaguing the immediate corporate center are a big issue due to said security.

And speaking about Cyberpsychos, why keep some corporate MAX-TAC on standby at all times when you have this guy (Adam Smasher, Arasaka):

Assuming you even get remotely far into their headquarters - this is likely where some nutjob meets his end once they run into him.

Either way, I realize this thread has a heavy corporate reference or focus, but in the end I think nothing beats the concentrated power of national military forces. I read many articles saying that despite the heavier fractured world and power shifts towards international actors like corporations who retain their own "armies" in essence, many 'superpowers', even those with better old glory days, can put any of them in their place if they have to because they got the bigger stick.

Whatever big stick the corpos might have, the fractured US (or similar powers) can likely whip out an even bigger stick.

As I read and understand it, the Free State of North California as a 'sovereign state' not part of the Union anymore retains its own classic miltiary forces. While they can probably not withstand the Union forces I'm inclined to believe their heavy hardware and troops would also already be able to roll over corpos stepping out of place in the state.

Chances are we will not see any NorCal military forces in any notable capacity in the game however. But time will tell.

Top Bottom