Upcoming changes for the next Journey

+
Hey everyone,

today we would like to talk about the updated reward system that is coming with the next Journey on August 4th. We will first use the opportunity to remind you of the basics that are staying the same and then go into detail regarding all the changes compared to the last Journey with Geralt and Dandelion.

First off, the basic structure is still the same as during the last Journey:
  • 24 Crown Points (CP: earned by rounds won during all games and as rewards for Journey-quests) are needed for 1 level up.
  • There are 6 quests every week (3 standard and 3 premium).
  • The well-rested bonus doubles your first 14 CP earned through round wins and resets every day.
  • The 350 CP weekly limit stays the same.

More rewards in the free part of the journey!

In our first journey, reaching level 100 would result in gaining 209 RP. Starting the next journey, we decided to add an additional 17 RP making the total obtainable without paying 226 RP. We felt like adding this RP into the free progression will make the system feel more rewarding.

The free path of the Journey will also contain 11 avatars like before and the additional RP obtainable via premium Journey remains at 42 RP.

What happens when I reach level 100?

In general, we felt like the off-journey system was flawed in several aspects:
  • Journey quests lost meaning once reaching level 100.
  • The crown reward system being used would reset progress every day.
  • The lack of rested bonus at the start of each day.

In order to address this, we have decided to allow players to level past 100 instead of entering the off-journey system essentially removing it from the game. Each level after 100 will grant you 2 RP regardless of whether you are playing through standard or premium journey. All Journey quests and the rested bonus will also count towards your progression creating a consistent progression system.

On top of that, there will be 12 new contracts, most of which will be unlocked after reaching level 100:
  • 6 standard Journey contracts rewarding 90 RP in total
  • 6 premium Journey contracts rewarding 1 avatar, 4 trinkets and 20 RP in total

Summary

With these changes, Journey is now officially the most generous progression system which GWENT has ever had. We hope this gives you a good overview of what is waiting for you just around the corner, no matter if you are fresh to the game or playing since closed Beta. These changes represent our ongoing commitment to improving the quality of GWENT and your feedback plays a key role in allowing us to do that.

Thank you for the great communication, really appreciated!

Journey updates sound great, I hope the theme will be awesome :)

Looks great!

One question, though, regarding the contracts unlocked after reaching level 100: will the contracts be doable also after the Journey ends, or only during the time Journey takes place?

Looks great!

One question, though, regarding the contracts unlocked after reaching level 100: will the contracts be doable also after the Journey ends, or only during the time Journey takes place?
Only while the Journey is in progress. Moving forward we plan to launch the next Journey as soon as the previous is over, so all the contracts will be refreshed at that moment.

I was expecting less round win for leveling up. That's bad, I was bored when trying to finish the journey.

I'm playing daily and have time to play only 3-4 games in a day. In that system, I have to play 7 games to gain daily reward. 24 crown and 14 bonus is ok but if we can gain more rewards for the bonus, that could be better. I mean we could gain that easily. If we can gain 4 crowns instead of 2, makes Journey more enjoyable for everyone in my opinion. That makes 3.5 wins for daily crown gain which is similar to old progression system.
There was a pandemic on the first journey, so many people could finish the 7 wins for daily because of there is a time. Right now, that situation isn't as much as at first journey. So many player will be upset about this.

I can totally understand the Journey's reason, but increasing the bonus crown amount doesn't affect the premium or free journey progression. The players who plays many matches doesn't affect with this, their progression will be stays normal, almost every player could finish the journey with that progression and they'll be happier.

I hope you'll change that, Especially I can not afford the 7 wins daily, in future, so many player will upset about that, because of less progression on Journey.

Last edited:
Hello

Thanks for taking time to explain the changes before they are live. It's really Great !

I have one little question : Are the new Contracts on top of the already existing ones (We had contracts for finishing both Standard and Premium Journey Pass that reward 20RP each if i recall correctly) or are they meant to replace the existing ones ?

Thanks

I really like the changes and I'm excited for the next Journey!

Though I'm wondering if we'll be able to freely choose which contract we do, unlike in the previous Journey where we had to do every contract in the order they were launched.

I don't like this new Journey system at all which obligates you to "work" in order to get your rewards. Before, I was able to just play whenever I want and be happy for what I've earned. Now if I want to complete this journey I have to check the deadlines and play WHEN I HAVE TO and not WHEN I WANT. Otherwise, I won't be able to complete this journey.

In fact, it's hilarious how this system is actually better for f2p players which don't feel like they're out of time because they didn't spend anything on it. While those who pay money have to check the deadlines or their money will be wasted.

How can you make it better : if I buy the battle pass I want to be able to complete it whenever I want. I'm not here to work with deadlines, it's just uncomfortable af. I bought the last journey but I won't be buying this journey until changes are made.

Last edited:
Hello

Thanks for taking time to explain the changes before they are live. It's really Great !

I have one little question : Are the new Contracts on top of the already existing ones (We had contracts for finishing both Standard and Premium Journey Pass that reward 20RP each if i recall correctly) or are they meant to replace the existing ones ?

Thanks
New contracts mentioned in the post are on top of the old contracts for completing all quests from both free and premium tracks.

Can you keep prices the same, please ?

Attachments

• gwentttttttttt.jpg
    gwentttttttttt.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 657
As someone who wrote and complained about the reward system a few weeks ago, I am glad to hear about the new journey changes. While I might still have some quibbles about some of the tedious previous journey tasks, I'm happy to hear about these changes.

I can't wait for the journey and I'll happily reward the devs by putting money into the new journey. thank you!

Every Premium Pass is tied to a specific Journey (with its own set of exclusive goodies), so yes.

It is frustrating to see how companies copy the fortnite battle pass system but they forget that in fortnite (also in CoD) if you get level 100 you earn enough currency to buy the next battle pass...

Playfields. Vanilla fields looks creepy and raw (ugly). I get the idea - to buy other with real money, but I'll pass on that, not on journey though. Up to u ofc..

Since Journey is now a mainstay perhaps you can add an option where we can read the old journey story and future ones. Didn't bother to read the first one cause i was waiting for the story to be completed but then it was over and i missed my chance XD

Playfields. Vanilla fields looks creepy and raw (ugly). I get the idea - to buy other with real money, but I'll pass on that, not on journey though. Up to u ofc..
Not a single of the playfields looks bad to me. :eek: And I only own the free ones.

Top Bottom