V will not have the ability to dual wield weapons in this game (confirmed by Marcin)

+
I find it so hilarious that people are debating the realism of dual-wielding in a game full of unrealistic abilities.
It's a feature for those close-combat moments where you just want to send as much lead flying as possible.
It's got nothing to do with practicality, it's the satisfaction it provides.

Why wouldn't you use an assault rifle or a machine gun if you wanted to send as much lead flying as possible? It's like telling me I have to shoot something IRL, accuracy is of utmost importance then giving me a choice between a handgun or a rifle. I'm never gonna pick the handgun.

Of course, I get the feeling a lack of dual wield has nothing to do with the realism factor. It seems more likely they put together a set of features they might consider and in the design process decided some of them weren't going to make it. DW didn't make the cut (or it did? I dunno... you get the idea).

PS. Something that looks as ridiculous and weird as dual-wielding does not have style; it's just stupid. That whole argument "but it's about style over substance" is flawed because what is 'style' is subjective.

If duel wielding looks so "ridiculous and weird" and "does not have style", then why is it so prevalent throughout Hollywood and other entertainment media? For instance, it is used extensively in the Matrix, which has many highly-stylized fight scenes.

Why wouldn't you use an assault rifle or a machine gun if you wanted to send as much lead flying as possible?

Why not use two machine guns ? :D

Remember this guy ?
hitman-absolution-standard-edition_pdp_3840x2160_en_ww.jpg

It's called an opinion.

So your entire argument about why "style over substance" isn't applicable to dual-wielding is because you personally think it isn't stylish, which you admit is subjective and contrary to Hollywood and majority of entertainment media? You realize that just because you think something isn't stylish, this doesn't refute "style over substance" in the case of what others may or may not consider stylish?

Last edited:
So your entire argument about why "style over substance" isn't applicable to duel-wielding is because you personally think it isn't stylish, which you admit is subjective and contrary to Hollywood and majority of entertainment media? You realize that just because you think something isn't stylish, this doesn't refute "style over substance" in the case of what others may or may not consider stylish?

Its stylish to miss every shot and look like a dumbass when you need to reload?

Last edited:
So your entire argument about why "style over substance" isn't applicable to duel-wielding is because you personally think it isn't stylish, which you admit is subjective and contrary to Hollywood and majority of entertainment media?
You missed the part where my entire post was an opinion.

Here is another opinion: Hollywood does TONS of ridiculous stuff, especially when it comes to action. The average Hollywood action movie/scene/whatever is laughable in that aspect. Utterly laughable.

You missed the part where my entire post was an opinion.

Here is another opinion: Hollywood does TONS of ridiculous stuff, especially when it comes to action. The average Hollywood action movie/scene/whatever is laughable in that aspect. Utterly laughable.

That's fine. That's your opinion. But you and others can't logically claim that "style over substance" isn't applicable to dual-wielding, just because your subjective opinion is that you think it doesn't look stylish. For example, I don't think that modding old cars with hydraulics and weird angles is stylish, but that's still "style over substance" for those that do, because it's definitely not practical.

Post automatically merged:

Dual w83

Its stylish to miss every shot and look like a dumbass when you need to reload?

You're conflating practicality with stylishness.

Last edited:
But you and others can't logically claim
Yes, I (or we) can. Because it is an opinion. Like I already said.
Just leave it; you're not gonna achieve a thing. Not even further replies.

Lobby scene in The Matrix is laughable ? How dare you ! :D
Never watched The Matrix, so I have literally no idea what you even mean. :coolstory:
I do know it has plenty of ridiculous, though. Most likely including the likes of dual-wielding or even the thing itself.

That's fine. That's your opinion. But you and others can't logically claim that "style over substance" isn't applicable to duel-wielding, just because your subjective opinion is that you think it doesn't look stylish.

I'm confused :). If we're going to say claiming dual wielding is dumb, not stylish, because style is subjective then isn't the inverse true too? In other words, claiming it is stylish is subjective too.

More importantly.... The claim dual wielding is dumb was quite clearly an opinion. Is there some purpose to trashing this opinion I am not seeing? Just say you disagree and be done with it.

Lobby scene in The Matrix is laughable ? How dare you ! :D

While that scene works in a movie it doesn't work so well in a videogame.

They didnt reload their guns they threw them away. Will you tell enemies to wait when you put one gun back in your pocket to get a mag and then for the other one?

Its also the thing where dual wield was never a promised feature so why act as if it was.

I'm confused :). If we're going to say claiming dual wielding is dumb, not stylish, because style is subjective then isn't the inverse true too? In other words, claiming it is stylish is subjective too.

More importantly.... The claim dual wielding is dumb was quite clearly an opinion. Is there some purpose to trashing this opinion I am not seeing? Just say you disagree and be done with it.

I'm not claiming that anything is objectively stylish or stupid, and neither does the statement "style over substance". That phrase is obviously subjective, and it means valuing subjective taste over practicality for the individual.

This is why you cannot logically claim that duel wielding is not "style over substance", because it only depends on the subject's belief of what they consider to be stylish and not what others think.

Never watched The Matrix, so I have literally no idea what you even mean. :coolstory:
I do know it has plenty of ridiculous, though. Most likely including the likes of dual-wielding or even the thing itself.

bruh, you gotta be kidding.
Begs the question why are you involved with cyberpunk if you consider things that fit a similar category beyond yourself ?

This is why you cannot logically claim that duel wielding is not "style over substance", because it only depends on the subject's belief of what they consider to be stylish and not what others think.

Okay I guess....

The funny thing is, in my opinion, attaching phrases like style over substance to firearms is a bit out of place anyway. Going down that rabbit hole is how you get people hurting themselves from trying to do stupid shit. Anyone concerned with looking cool when using a firearm, in any capacity, shouldn't be using them.

Okay I guess....

The funny thing is, in my opinion, attaching phrases like style over substance to firearms is a bit out of place anyway. Going down that rabbit hole is how you get people hurting themselves from trying to do stupid shit. Anyone concerned with looking cool when using a firearm, in any capacity, shouldn't be using them.

I mean, we're talking about Cyberpunk. People are literally installing weapons into their body, which probably isn't the safest thing in the world. Dual wielding weapons seems rather tame compared to this in my opinion.

Actually I see two major reason why V should be able to use dual weapons:
-Style over substance.
-For smartguns where aiming isn't even a point it would mean twice as much damages without much drawback.

Top Bottom