Character feature: V - Street Kid

+
Now that you say that, I wonder is V's gang in street kid origin strictly Tyger claws or can you choose?
Male V has tiger stripe pants and female V has a katana. Both of these combine to the Japan-themed Tyger Claws gang in my opinion? What do you think?

Might be they are an Asian only gang :shrug: but V can`t join any gang .

But Im referring specifically to the street kid origin, where V probably USED to be in a gang.
From what we hear Streetkid 'V' was born in Night City then left for Atlanta for an undetermined amount of time. It's possible they left while still a child thus didn't have much to do with the gangs (not to say they didn't know about them). It's also possible 'V' was in one gang or another and HAD to leave Night City for some reason.

Myself I'll assume my 'V' left as a child, so while they know about Night City, and how to deal with street culture (learned that in Atlanta), they don't KNOW Night City the way someone that's spent their life there would.

Now that you say that, I wonder is V's gang in street kid origin strictly Tyger claws or can you choose?
Male V has tiger stripe pants and female V has a katana. Both of these combine to hint at the Japan-themed Tyger Claws gang in my opinion? What do you think?

Street Kid V is apparently from Heywood (an NPC in origin story content references it) so it is probably a safe bet that V at least doesn't have deep connections to the Tyger Claws.

The dominant gangs in Heywood are the Valentinos and 6th Street.

I don't think Street Kid V ever had any gang affiliation themselves however, they're just familiar with them from being raised among criminals on the streets.

Well, it sounds like V spent much of their childhood elsewhere but moved to NC at some point. Its bit vague tbh, good for uncertain past. I was kind of hoping V to have clearer connections to NC underworld but I guess they are something of an outsider in street kid origin.

Regardless, I just want to use this moment to say that its awesome that CDPR made these separate origins. This sort of stuff that adds color and flavor to the character is what I'm often looking after. Something to make separate playthroughs feel different. :)

Well, it sounds like V spent much of their childhood elsewhere but moved to NC at some point. Its bit vague tbh, good for uncertain past. I was kind of hoping V to have clearer connections to NC underworld but I guess they are something of an outsider in street kid origin.

Regardless, I just want to use this moment to say that its awesome that CDPR made these separate origins. This sort of stuff that adds color and flavor to the character is what I'm often looking after. Something to make separate playthroughs feel different. :)

I agree and from what it looks like you can have a pretty drastic difference depending on the field of knowledge your background gives you. Not to mention you can also be a street kid who goes for a more corporate path or a corpo joining the streets. Just depending on the background you might get some additional choices that the origin gives. I.e a Nomad and a Corpo can have a same ending but the Nomad might get something extra cause of past knowledge.

I am torn between street kid and corpo myself.

I believe Street Kid V is a Night City native who left at some point for Atlanta, only to return later.

This is the only way to make V our own , if CDPR linked V with one gang that would be another thing people complain about . " I want my V to be with gang A but CDPR made V a member of gang B " .

The general game narrative setup prevents this; this is why you see an equal "cut tie" (or never established ties) with the Corpo and Nomad origins.

The "I want my V to be with X" only really or fully works if they had gone for a more classic (joinable) faction experience.

Top Bottom