District feature: Pacifica

+

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED

Pacifica was supposed to be Night City’s money making vacation resort — a true paradise catering to corporate employees and tourists alike with it’s golden sandy beaches, luxurious hotels, and unmatched entertainment. Until it all went to hell, that is.

The dream came to a painfully abrupt end after uncertainty struck the global economy and corporate investors pulled their funding for the project. Construction work stopped, leaving most buildings unfinished, forever to remain the hulking concrete and steel shells they were at the time. Instead of teeming with tourists, the district is now overrun by poverty, violence, and gangs.

It’s here that Voodoo Boys, a techno-mystical group of netrunners, chose to set up their base of operations. Originating from the Haitian community that settled in Night City after their homeland was ravaged by climate disaster, they took it upon themselves to protect the local community, forsaken and left to fend for themselves by the NCPD.

I wonder what happened to Playland By The Sea. Is it the same amusement park seen near the Grand Imperial Mall, was it reinvented/rebranded/relocated, or does it even still exist at all in 2077, replaced by another park? :think:

First time seeing a beach in Night City. I hope to see more beaches cause you know, its in the west coast plus you add the hot climate.

I enjoy these posts but it'd be fantastic to have them updated with an aerial view screenshot from the game itself, one similar in scope to the first piece of art usually shown.

Pacifica is not dangerous to the player, walk in walk out no problems. You can even watch the cops spawn in near you in this district that is supposedly "forsaken and left to fend for themselves by the NCPD." :LOL:

And not not mention the large swath of it that the player cannot even reach or do anything in :LOL:

Top Bottom