What after Cyberpunk?

+
Dresden files

Post automatically merged:

i just got a blow to my head (don't ask) but this came into my mind:

The Witcher 3: Journey

a multiplayer walking simulator on the basis of witcher 3 wild hunt and its DLCs:
no quests, no monsters, free of charge, just exploring the world, maybe achievements and statistics for finding herbs, flowers and the like and meeting other players, interacting with them and playing some rounds of Gwent.
Linked to your Gwent account you could use your leader skins for avatars in TW3:J. And this would open up some Gwent-Journey ideas for cosmetics using in TW3: Journey.

My reasoning behind this idea is:
- Witcher 3 is ready, TW3: Journey would be a kind of spinoff, using the already beautiful made world, so no waiting time of 4 years or so
- the linking possibilities between witcher 3 Journey and Gwent seem kinda interesting, but i would refrain of using TW3:J as a hub for starting Gwent Standalone, but for a nice place for playing classic vanilla witcher gwent.
- it would be fun i think :)
i think going outside is better :p south germany is perfect for W3 vibe. same is poland ofc...

I'd like to see a new story about the witcher from another school,for example manticore or gryphon) It would be a cool)
The Witcher 4
LEGACY

I'd really like more Cyberpunk. Maybe a game where you play someone in the NCPD :coolstory:

But I heard it's gonna be a new Witcher game. I'm really hoping we can make our own Witcher (like V except in TW universe). It'd PREFER more CP2077 tho.

So isn't Vesimer (sp) like 200 in the series and Geralt 100?
Maybe a game 100 years in the future where Geralt is head of the Wolf School training young'ins and such.
Of course others like Eskel or Lambert could do it as well.
Plus it could have a rebuild Kaer Morhen.
It would be fun if the plot would involve other areas like the Blue Mountains or Nilfgard proper.
I want to see those spires in the capital.
And the "time and space" quest places more hashed out.

So isn't Vesimer (sp) like 200 in the series and Geralt 100?
Maybe a game 100 years in the future where Geralt is head of the Wolf School training young'ins and such.
Of course others like Eskel or Lambert could do it as well.
Plus it could have a rebuild Kaer Morhen.
It would be fun if the plot would involve other areas like the Blue Mountains or Nilfgard proper.
I want to see those spires in the capital.
And the "time and space" quest places more hashed out.
If i am not mistaken... The ritual to become a Witcher is not something Gerald wants to do too kids... 3 out of 4 dies a horrible death..

(Correct me if i am wrong)

They'll close the studios and open a fast-food chain.

Well... They made the fantasy, now they're doing Cyberpunk... The natural step forward would be to adapt Shadowrun :D

They don't own the licence, another studio is making shadowrun games.

Shadowrun is kinda Cyberpunk-sugar free anyway.

Why do you need cyberware and high tech guns when magic exist?...

Would be pretty redundant to make such a game after CP77.

I guess they'll do a follow-up game to Cyberpunk.

Tho, I'll repeat myself, but if they could remake Legacy of Kain : Blood Omen / Soul Reaver, it would be badass.

Last edited:
Shadowrun is same as Cyberpunk, both setting are 99% the same just in one you have magic, it is not redundant to make Shadowrun games after CP2077.

Also they need their own IP to be honest, that would be really something new, if not then new witcher game can and should follow Ciri adventures.

Shadowrun is kinda Cyberpunk-sugar free anyway.

Disagree.
Having been second to Cyberpunk, Jordan changed his whole thing and made a totally whole new thing.
The two games doesn't even have the same tone.

Why do you need cyberware and high tech guns when magic exist?...
Because magic lacks reliability? Because awakened are only an handful?
And for the same reason the use of gun begins: because a mook with good gears becomes a dangerous mooks (where a mook mage isn't dangerous).

Disagree.
Having been second to Cyberpunk, Jordan changed his whole thing and made a totally whole new thing.
The two games doesn't even have the same tone.

Because magic lacks reliability? Because awakened are only an handful?
And for the same reason the use of gun begins: because a mook with good gears becomes a dangerous mooks (where a mook mage isn't dangerous).

The sole point of Cyberpunk is the anticipation and satire of society, which lose it's point once you add fantasy in the mix.

It doesn't makes Shadowrun bad either, but it's like adding Gandalf in Robocop.

they could potentially do 'Cybergeneration Revolution' standalone story. in that timeline (which is disconnected from the main Cyberpunk 2020 timeline), there's a nanotech virus that gives a bunch of teenagers cyber-superpowers. could be interesting to explore, esp since most of the world assets and basic mechanics would already be built.

they could potentially do 'Cybergeneration Revolution' standalone story. in that timeline (which is disconnected from the main Cyberpunk 2020 timeline), there's a nanotech virus that gives a bunch of teenagers cyber-superpowers. could be interesting to explore, esp since most of the world assets and basic mechanics would already be built.

Actually changing the formula have already proven very few success in the tabletop RPG.

Is it possible CD make a Vampire The Masquerade game?
My dream is an ambitious/high budget VTM like CP2077 :giveup:
They would have to buy the rights to the Paradox?

If Cyberpunk 2077 turns out well, I'd prefer that they focus on building on it further. I'm not a huge fan of the Witcher setting, so I personally wouldn't want them to go in that direction, but that's what they're probably going to do. I'm sure it'll turn out well in either case.

I think CDPR has good enough writers, world builders, and quest designers, to create their own IP, but I just don't see them having time for this when they already have the Witcher and now Cyberpunk.

Here's a thought. Cyberpunk expansions out beyond Night City. Cyberpunk: Dallas or Seattle anyone? How about Cyberpunk in Europe? Maybe give the players options to play different roles like Cop, Media, Rockerboy/girl?

Here's a thought. Cyberpunk expansions out beyond Night City. Cyberpunk: Dallas or Seattle anyone? How about Cyberpunk in Europe? Maybe give the players options to play different roles like Cop, Media, Rockerboy/girl?

If they are going to make an another cyberpunk game in the USA I think they should do somewhere in the midwest. With the second point I think Europe would a good option too. The whole lore with Europe is vastly different from Night City/America so it would be interesting. But I hope their next game would be smaller so they can add better quality/content than just creating big open world to make it look bigger than cyberpunk 2077.

Top Bottom