A future Witcher game should take inspiration from Ghost of Tsushima

+
After playing Ghost, there are specific gameplay aspects that could have solved certain issues in the Witcher 3. The first thing that comes to mind, is the horse mechanics. In the Witcher, Roach was a pain in the ass. He would get stuck on obstacles and trees when riding or summoning him, and manually jumping wasn't responsive. In Ghost, the horse automatically avoids trees and automatically jumps over obstacles. And summoning is really fast, plus you can mount as you're running. The other system, is world navigation. In Ghost, the wind guides you. You don't have intrusive HUD you're constantly looking at to know where you're going, except it is a problem in the Witcher 3. A future Witcher game could use a system similar to the guiding wind.
winds-howling.jpg

but that was what made roach well roach was the antics he got upto. Casue lets face it it wouldnt be the same witcher with out

3615249-1512662762.jpg

Last edited:
Combat...holy mother of God, The Witcher 3 needed combat even a fraction as good as Ghost of Tsushima's instead of the clunky mess it got.

lelxrv

Forum veteran
Guiding wind is the same shit. I'm pretty baffled AC clones are presented as an inspiration for future Witcher games. And the battle system is barely any improvement.

After playing Ghost, there are specific gameplay aspects that could have solved certain issues in the Witcher 3. The first thing that comes to mind, is the horse mechanics. In the Witcher, Roach was a pain in the ass. He would get stuck on obstacles and trees when riding or summoning him, and manually jumping wasn't responsive. In Ghost, the horse automatically avoids trees and automatically jumps over obstacles. And summoning is really fast, plus you can mount as you're running. The other system, is world navigation. In Ghost, the wind guides you. You don't have intrusive HUD you're constantly looking at to know where you're going, except it is a problem in the Witcher 3. A future Witcher game could use a system similar to the guiding wind.View attachment 11054042
I agree with the points you presented

I don't know why people are hating on The Witcher 3's combat. Seems fun enough to me. It's a story-driven RPG, not a Souls-like.

Top Bottom