Car customization has been dropped

+
Okay so by a similar logic, what if cdpr removes everything else from the game that isn't directly related to the story just because? But then the world becomes hollow and meaningless, which isn't good for the whole experience. :shrug:

"What if this totally outlandish thing was also this thing?"

Similar logic, but not the same. and so does not follow.

"What if this totally outlandish thing was also this thing?"

Similar logic, but not the same. and so does not follow.
It's a good example though, and I say it for good reasons. In a world where people mod themselves to have 3 mouths and metallic skin, there is no doubt in my mind that people wouldn't also mod their cars. Why get rid of or not include car customization just because people don't complain that the NPC's don't/do go to the bathroom?
I'm not being outlandish, I'm just playing along to make a point, and I think my point is good. :shrug:

It's a good example though, and I say it for good reasons. In a world where people mod themselves to have 3 mouths and metallic skin, there is no doubt in my mind that people wouldn't also mod their cars. Why get rid of or not include car customization just because people don't complain that the NPC's don't/do go to the bathroom?
I'm not being outlandish, I'm just playing along to make a point, and I think my point is good. :shrug:

the reason it's not a good example is becuase no one was arguing that people wouldn't mod vehicles. just that it doesn't matter to the core game. not being able to have cybernetic mods would be a blow to the game, not having a shit NFS tacked on to the game is fine.

the reason it's not a good example is becuase no one was arguing that people wouldn't mod vehicles. just that it doesn't matter to the core game. not being able to have cybernetic mods would be a blow to the game, not having a shit NFS tacked on to the game is fine.
I think it matters extremely much to the core game because it's right in there with the theme of technology being used to modify things and people, and people using things to in turn modify technology. It's called "Cyber" Cyberpunk2077 for a lot of reasons. What is an "nfs"? what do you mean? I'm confused.

Guest 4406876

It depends on what the game will offer in the end and how it will stand out as an actual game and not a book or a movie to watch. Everyhing is useful , nothing is mandatory. But the overall experience may suffer from lack of gameplay elements and detail in that department as well and the world as an organic thing that exists no matter the player with its own rules. Videogames need interactions and meaningful gameplay besides 100 endings and quests outcomes, if the game is a chore to play, it will stay like that. Whatever they come up to in the end we'll know the day after release, now it's too early to judge (positively and negatively, we don't know anything so everything we talk about is pure dogsheet amd we do it because we are bored and hyped about the game and want it to meet our expectations, sometimes unrealistic ones despite they stated "mindblowing" talking about the game with people with decades of games under the belt so yea..), but we could talk about stuff we've seen so far and heard from official statements (that often change or are very vague). Well make it 1 month after the hype calms down and people are actually reviewing the real overal experience (in all its goods and bads). It's gonna be mindblowing for people that played CoD since yesterday maybe or Fifa or GTA and that's it, for others it may well be average and "already ben there, did that". It's very subjective to people's perspective (and experience).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it matters extremely much to the core game because it's right in there with the theme of technology being used to modify things and people, and people using things to in turn modify technology. It's called "Cyber" Cyberpunk2077 for a lot of reasons. What is an "nfs"? what do you mean? I'm confused.

Initialism for the Need For Speed games, would you prefer Gran Turismo? the Crew? Burnout? Project Gotham racing?

either way, this isn't a racing sim and trying to be one on top of the other things it has to do is a waste of time.

I'd probably enjoy going around the world on foot more anyways. Motorbikes, too.

Speaking of which, is it possible to roam around and finish the whole game without ever using a vehicle?

Most gameplay videos so far involve a lot of them, I hope that doesn't mean we're obligated to drive cars like we do cybernetics (there goes my dream of creating a cybernetics-free monk character~~)

It depends on what the game will offer in the end and how it will stand out as an actual game and not a book or a movie to watch. Everyhing is useful , nothing is mandatory. But the overall experience may suffer from lack of gameplay elements and detail in that department as well and the world as an organic thing that exists no matter the player with its own rules. Videogames need interactions and meaningful gameplay besides 100 endings and quests outcomes, if the game is a chore to play, it will stay like that. Whatever they come up to in the end we'll know the day after release, now it's too early to judge (positively and negatively, we don't know anything so everything we talk about is pure dogsheet amd we do it because we are bored and hyped about the game and want it to meet our expectations, sometimes unrealistic ones despite they stated "mindblowing" talking about the game with people with decades of games under the belt so yea..), but we could talk about stuff we've seen so far and heard from official statements (that often change or are very vague). Well make it 1 month after the hype calms down and people are actually reviewing the real overal experience (in all its goods and bads). It's gonna be mindblowing for people that played CoD since yesterday maybe or Fifa or GTA and that's it, for others it may well be average and "already ben there, did that". It's very subjective to people's perspective (and experience).
That's such a nice breakdown of our psychology surrounding our discussion, the cyberpunk fan community's discussion, the hype, the boredom, everything you mentioned is spot on. I really appreciated this a lot. We are self aware, and while it is better to be self aware, simultaneously, our self awareness doesn't save us, save ourselves from the boredom and the hype. It doesn't save us from ourselves, because our philosophical and metaphorical salvation from the boredom and the hype is external to us. we are lacking the cure to our lacking, we are incomplete, and we cry out "please, complete us"

Very very deep. Very very fascinating. Much respect. :) (y)
Post automatically merged:

Initialism for the Need For Speed games, would you prefer Gran Turismo? the Crew? Burnout? Project Gotham racing?

either way, this isn't a racing sim and trying to be one on top of the other things it has to do is a waste of time.
:think:very close, but no. Forza 4.
"26 minutes in, Alanah mentions that a Red had told her about a Forza 4 styled driving build for vehicles."
Post automatically merged:

I'd probably enjoy going around the world on foot more anyways. Motorbikes, too.

Speaking of which, is it possible to roam around and finish the whole game without ever using a vehicle?

Most gameplay videos so far involve a lot of them, I hope that doesn't mean we're obligated to drive cars like we do cybernetics (there goes my dream of creating a cybernetics-free monk character~~)
I think I will do lots of walking, and lots of driving. When I walk I will enjoy it a lot, and when I drive cars that have handling inspired by forza 4, I will also enjoy it a lot. I will be doing very much of both. :) (y)

Last edited:
Meh. I could care less. I'm not really into driving that much in games. So it will have pretty much zero impact for me.

I always expected customization/paint to be more of a multiplayer element rather than single player. Let's wait and see what happens with the DLC and future plans.

Sure C2077 has at lot of possible "DLC" material.

And this is such a small thing at the face of everything else (paintjobs, small upgrades...), that I don't see a technical reason for scrapping it other than "let's make a DLC of it". And if it is free, they can again gloat about how customer friendly they are for offering it gratis.

Not really a concern of mine, though, this feature. Whether it gets in or not.

Sure C2077 has at lot of possible "DLC" material.
I think a lot of people will be disappointed when a ton of the ideas that we thought we going to be in the game don't resurface later. Somethings just aren't as fun as you think, they have technical limitations, or they break the game in some way.

Most likely here though, is that in in a game this big QAing everything would take too long, so they've dropped this to spend more time polishing the stuff that matters.

So while it's a bit disappointing, I'd much rather play a tight, well-polished game than a broad but mediocre or buggy one.

Car customization was never a thing, There was only varations

Actually it was. CDPR did say that car customization was a thing: https://m.jeuxactu.com/cyberpunk-20...eveloppeurs-nouvelles-infos-inedit-116760.htm

Maciej Pietras: “Whenever you see a vehicle in the game, it will be possible for you to take control and you can then start the fight from it. He's typically the player of things I find cool to do, but I can't give you too much detail on the different vehicles at the moment. However, I can assure you that you can customize your cars in the game.” (translated)

This was common knowledge before Night City Wire, crazy to see just how many people forgot about it.

Actually it was. CDPR did say that car customization was a thing: https://m.jeuxactu.com/cyberpunk-20...eveloppeurs-nouvelles-infos-inedit-116760.htm

Maciej Pietras: “Whenever you see a vehicle in the game, it will be possible for you to take control and you can then start the fight from it. He's typically the player of things I find cool to do, but I can't give you too much detail on the different vehicles at the moment. However, I can assure you that you can customize your cars in the game.” (translated)

This was common knowledge before Night City Wire, crazy to see just how many people forgot about it.
Really important, if true.

Guest 4211861

They would have to make custom parts for each car model, which is a huge amount of work.

I'd still pay 5 euros for such a DLC.

Top Bottom