Season of the Draconid is here!

+

Guest 4368268

I'm enjoying this seasonal but man is it frustrating that if you're taking a decision before the time even (visibly) runs out you can't finish your orders/choises and the game pulls some nonsensical RNG bullshit instead.

8 sec i just not enought, only few decks are actually playable. 15sec should be ok.

Somehow in 8 sec i cant even oneiromancy Auberon and create unit....

Last edited:
A year ago i absolutely hated this mode, but this time around i love it. Animations are little bit faster than last time and everything is lot "smoother". It's not perfect, but maybe a year or two from now, it will be. :beer:

Sigh... This mode sounds fun but it's unplayable on mobile, since everything takes longer. And I have a Oneplus7, so I can't imagine how hard it must be for those with cheap phones.

Easha

Forum regular
How about adjusting your deck accordingly like you should just like with every other seasonal mode...?
Who would have thought that extensive tutor chains might be a little difficult to pull off within 8 seconds? Use a leader with short animations, don't use Charges/Fees, don't use more than one tutor per turn, use the time of your opponent's turn to plan ahead, start playing at once instead of wasting 2 seconds if you know you will have to tutor something this turn. If you are playing a deck which does not take the seasonal rules into account, of course you will have a hard (and in this case: short) time.

Mobile issues are a different topic, but ignoring appropriate deckbuilding is nothing to blame the game mode for.

I'm enjoying this seasonal but man is it frustrating that if you're taking a decision before the time even (visibly) runs out you can't finish your orders/choises and the game pulls some nonsensical RNG bullshit instead.

That's the point of this season, punish multiple order cards/tutoring/other cards that implies choices

The only way to play this is to not have any cards with orders, or that require targeting. Tutors are failing everywhere as well, and the only decks I seem to play against are NG and MO thrive decks.

I will only play this seasonal mode if I absolutely have too as it is not at all enjoyable.

Guest 4368268

That's the point of this season, punish multiple order cards/tutoring/other cards that implies choices
Right, but I'm talking about effects like 'consume X card' and the fact that even if you pick within the time limit the game 'freezes' and randomly chooses a target for you instead even though the hourglass is running.

Yeah, there is some weird stuff going on with lag and input delay, often resulting in a less than desirable outcome.

I did have the opposite happen today as well: the game refused to recognise that I had, indeed, targetted an enemy unit, and I ran out of time. But despite that the Deploy ended up targetting the correct unit. No idea if it was super lucky RNG (there were over a dozen potential targets) or some serious delay. :shrug:

Both players have just 8 seconds to complete their turn and 15 seconds to complete the redrawing phrase.

Wtf is with the sound?!? Who in the hell likes having a constant ticking clock as background music? Like people aren't stressed enough already!

I like the mode but the sound sucks bolls and animations take forever and cut down the time to react. Fix these things and people might actually play it.

Wtf is with the sound?!? Who in the hell likes having a constant ticking clock as background music? Like people aren't stressed enough already!
[...]
You can just mute the sound for now, although I agree they could change that about the mode ... and implement it as an additonal permanent mode.

[...]
Fix these things and people might actually play it.
I have found opponents faster than in any other seasonal before ... so "people might actually play it" is a ridiculous exaggeration.

I have found opponents faster than in any other seasonal before ... so "people might actually play it" is a ridiculous exaggeration.
I play it too, need to get progression in the reward book. After that, never again and finding opponents all gone.
Post automatically merged:

Also, do your opponents play all the way to the end? Because mine drop a card and forfeit, and definitely almost never play the last card in hand, quitting somewhere along the way because of animations taking to long resulting in misplay... THIS IS NOT ENJOYABLE!!!! NOT FUN!!! AS A GAME SHOULD BE!

Last edited:
Top Bottom