Insane Grind for Journey Cosmetics with 175 Levels?

+
I wish that all goodies were within the first 100 levels but I will try to reach 175...

Better progress as far as possible this month while there is this seasonal mode with 8 second per turn. The games go much faster to grind.

Thats only because the weekly quests gave you 6 levels right away, see how far you get in the next 5 days without those, or in a month when there will be no speed-mode seasonal.
Of course i am considering the 6 weekly quests.

But to grind until level 175 I need 13/14 levels per week. In the second day I've already made 8 (almost 9, since i am almost at level 10) . Problably with the other dayly extra crowns i will problably complete the meta.

And i almost dindt played this seasonal, as you can see in the topic i created.

In other hand, come on guys, its not big deal doesnt reach at level 175. As @Draconifors said, the devs make some extra cosmetic for those who whant do play a lot and win something else.

Those things are cosmetic, they doesnt affect the game. So, if a free player doesnt pay to have others boards, as exemple, why with others extra cosmetic is diferent?

Which is the diferent for the free player get this cosmetic or get a new board, as exemple? If he whants that kind of stuf, just pay for it or play for it.

I will repeat, devs gave extra cosmetics, so if in the last journey you have ( i dunno, maybe) 25 cosmetics, in this journey you have like 30 cosmetics, and thats fine. If you dont whant to pay or whant to play, just get those 25 cosmetics and have fun.

If you whant to pay or play, get the extra cosmetics.

And i will repeat, they dont affect the game, so there is no difference about that.

So, if a free player doesnt pay to have others boards, as exemple, why with others extra cosmetic is diferent?

You are not a 'free' player when you already paid for the Journey, now in contrast to the first Journey, you can no longer have the full Journey cosmetics in the second Journey unless you grind like crazy for 3 months, or pay $70 extra in comparison to the first Journey to get those extra 70+ levels.

As said before what was the problem with making the 100+ level rewards confined to reward points that would not negatively affect people who don't feel like grinding a game hours each day, even when they already paid for the Journey.

Would love to know what @SlamaTwoFlags take on this is, and whether perhaps it might be tweaked a bit so people who can't grind 160+ levels don't get penalized by missing parts of the Journey cosmetics.
If those cosmetics are to be harder to grind for at least don't time limit them and change the quests to play X number of games with Ciri, that way its not time limited by the Journey's 3 months time frame.

You are not a 'free' player when you already paid for the Journey, now in contrast to the first Journey, you can no longer have the full Journey cosmetics in the second Journey unless you grind like crazy for 3 months, or pay $70 extra in comparison to the first Journey to get those extra 70+ levels.

As said before what was the problem with making the 100+ level rewards confined to reward points that would not negatively affect people who don't feel like grinding a game hours each day, even when they already paid for the Journey.

Would love to know what @SlamaTwoFlags take on this is, and whether perhaps it might be tweaked a bit so people who can't grind 160+ levels don't get penalized by missing parts of the Journey cosmetics.
If those cosmetics are to be harder to grind for at least don't time limit them and change the quests to play X number of games with Ciri, that way its not time limited by the Journey's 3 months time frame.

but your error is to compare with the last journey only the price, and no the prizes.

As your exemple, last journey you paid 70 to get 25 cosmetics (i am saying a random number, i dunno the exactly number).

In this journey you pay 70 to get 25 cosmetics.

If you whant more cosmetics you can 1 - pay more or 2 - play more.

But, i agree with you maybe level 175 is too right, maybe devs can drop to level 150

but your error is to compare with the last journey only the price, and no the prizes.

As your exemple, last journey you paid 70 to get 25 cosmetics (i am saying a random number, i dunno the exactly number).

In this journey you pay 70 to get 25 cosmetics.

If you whant more cosmetics you can 1 - pay more or 2 - play more.

But, i agree with you maybe level 175 is too right, maybe devs can drop to level 150

IMO it is irrelevant how many cosmetics you get; what is relevant is that in the last Journey you got a full set of Geralt cosmetics; in this Journey you only get part of the Ciri cosmetics for 100 levels, and the rest and some of the best looking ones (imo) are in the above 100 levels that require a lot more play to the point of endless Grinding if you want a full set of Ciri Journey cosmetics, same way you got a full set of Geralt Journey cosmetics in the last Journey.

So in effect this means:

Full set of Geralt cosmetics = 100 levels

Full set of Ciri cosmetics = 160+ levels

Simple as that.

Well, if this bothers you keep complaining. Hopefully by week 6 or 7 CDPR will see where people are at and adjust the login rewards accordingly.

To its creditCDPR loves stop gap solutions ro the problems it creates.
I WOULD LOVE to get an extra 15 or 30 journey points on top of the regular login bonuses.

Conclusion: If somebody wants 175 levels without more $$$ then he/she needs to win 16 rounds/day.

If you remember the old reward system before the journeys (6/12/24 rounds) than u'll see that 16 rounds per day is a bit less than reaching tier 2 daily reward which demanded 18 rounds. I realise that it might be to grindy for some but than again nobody is forcing a player to get to 175, you get your rewards according to the effort&time you want to invest. Also the arena runs are counting the rounds now unlike in the old reward system when you got only exp from the arena, so you can vary between ladder/seasonal/arena if you get bored by one type of matches.
And finally, although its only valid for this season, the drakonid seasonal mode matches are about 3 times shorter than the regular ones, meaning you can gain the crowns in much shorter time during the draconid season.

Youre not expected to reach 175 lvl, the reward for that is a NANI avatar so if you see someone with it, beware, but for us, common mortals the lvl 100/125 lvl rewards must suffice.

Adding more levels after reaching level 100 was great, but locking cosmetics there was a *certain part of the body* move.
After level 100 you should receive 2 reward points per level and give those 'Play 50 games with Ciri' challenges. That's it.

Gwent is already my most expensive game ever, because over its lifespan I have spent about 200€ (average about 10€ a month).
Seriously, huge game like their own Cyberpunk costs 60€, but full Gwent season pass costs 100€?

Gwent team is really starting to resemble Activision in this regard. Hundreds of bucks for dozen of 3D models, few JPEGs and a bit of text. It's so not worth it.

Dear CD Projekt RED, reconsider your next moves with this game, or you will be losing paying customers. I'll be among them.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk costs 60€, but full Gwent season pass costs 100€?

I didn't see the option to buy the Cyberpunk 2077 start zone for 10 euros and get the rest for free just by playing.

I agree that even though they are "extra" cosmetics, they are still part of the journey, at the same time I see the implementation as goodwill for people who play more regularly than normal. That doesn't make them Activision, you just need to install Hearthstone and you will see what Acti-Blizz is today.

Perhaps, the best balance would be that they require 150 levels won and that the counter is not blocked at the end of the journey and those of the next count to finish, basically now we will unlock the mission and each one finishes it at their own pace. Only the content between 1-100 like the previous one would be blocked at these 3 months.
That way they could even put more requirements on levels and make them more exclusive for the achievement perspective obtained by gameplay.

I played the previous journey from the start and reached 100 a week before it ended, that would be the average of someone who does not seek to play all 4 factions in PRO rank and plays for entertainment rather than competition.

In my case these items over 100 do not interest me, even so they can only be accessed by buying the journey, therefore they should be within the 100 levels that the Journey proposes or be flexible in obtaining them without the need for grinding. Grinding like a slave is supposed to be for f2p. :beer:

I am kinda lost. To be fair I have been playing much less gwent lately. I cannot see past level 100. I am currently on level 3. How are people seeing level 101-175? Is there a link that shows the specific plans for levels over 100? How many of the cosmetics are available for f2p Journey above level 100?

I am kinda lost. To be fair I have been playing much less gwent lately. I cannot see past level 100. I am currently on level 3. How are people seeing level 101-175? Is there a link that shows the specific plans for levels over 100? How many of the cosmetics are available for f2p Journey above level 100?

1596741808888.png

If you mean where the requirements are shown, each object shows it in the selection panel.

1596742454003.png

And searching for journey in the contracts.

Last edited:
I dont think thats a bad thing.
The climbing is pretty easy and fast and it is 3 months to get there. It also makes people play the game more.

So is this based on contracts only? I haven’t checked the new ones yet. Also, to get to her journey don’t you need to be premium. F2P only get Vesemir’s Journey.

I did not see cosmetic contracts for the standard version after level 100.

Very good point.
It is not fair for players who buy the journey pass and don't have time to play it.Even they pay the Fast Travel in the last few days.
Every players want complete their collection.But not everyone has the time to do this.It is a terrible idea for players who don't have so much time.

Easha

Forum regular
There is yet another issue:
Once your eached level 100 there is no option to fast travel anymore. So you have to estimate how far you will get by playing alone in three months, but need to make the decision whether to pay for the fast travel option now. If you notice at level 120 that you won't make it, you are screwed and not even your wallet will help you out.

You get the same rewards for compleating the grind of 100 levels as before.
You are unhappy with not being able to reach 175 or so to get cosmetics and additional 25 reward points.

Why should you get it without putting in any effort ? Some rewards should be attainable only for the most dedicated. Otherwise you remove any incentitive to attain those rewards.

Hey guys, I'm a little confused by this thread, on the iPad version I could only see 100 levels.
Level 100 being Ciri in a kimono.

Is there a second page?

Top Bottom