Cyberpunk 2077 — Night City Wire: Episode 2

+
Johnny looking great; dont mind the haters the music is fine. :D
I want that tech sniper rifle and the katana gameplay looked sick! I want November baby!

Serviceable episode. My only wish was to see more of the non-lethal options. Hope they show off more of the character creation, inventory, and perk system for the next one.

Guest 4211861

• Weapons: Yeeeesssss, a lot of weird, interesting weapons. A smart sniper rifle? Surely a favourite of Chinese cheaters in multiplayer shooters the world over (except for BF1, where they cheat as a flying MG1917). Can I actually keep a trunk full of guns? That would be a great scene from every B-movie ever made.
  • Music: It's okay, probably gonna keep the radio off anyway. This is not the rock I usually listen to.
  • Lifepaths: It's a good design choice, sort of a 3-in-1 campaign, although I'm not expecting too much from this feature, I have no interest in the Streed Kid & Nomad choices, who wants to roleplay a pauper?
A far superior episode to episode #1, due to the presentation of guns. I expect #3 to be worse than #2, what could save #3 is a lengthy presentation on the cars and other vehicles.

cool stuff. i did dig it a lot.

not much of it really new, more like looking at known stuff from another angle and i am all here for it.

3 months are gonna be so long...

Sounds like you can use all weapon types to hit folks behind cover. Power via ricochet, and Smart via self-guidance, and Tech via just shooting thru the cover. I'm very happy to see this because I was concerned that each weapon type would have some exclusive ability more-or-less requiring you to use all types of weapons thus (probably) precluding you from maxing out any of them because you'd need to split your skills/perks among them all.

If CPDR uses a similar approach to all non-legendary (they're said to have unique abilities) weapons what you use will depend on player choice not game mechanics.

I still have a concern that Smart weapon users will more-or-less require higher armor and hit point totals then Power or Tech weapon users. Because I assume if multiple targets are in the giant targeting reticle of a Smart weapon each of them will be hit thus spreading out the damage done and prohibiting you from eliminating them one at a time to reduce the volume of return fire, meaning you're likely to get hit more often then a Power or Tech weapon user would. But we'll see.

Last edited:
I dunno. This didn't strike me as particularly interesting nor revealing of anything new.

I think it's time to wait for the game to release and see what it is for better or worse. There are no "big" revelations left anymore, nor extraordinarily information-heavy showcases of so far loosely explained mechanics.

I'd lie if I said I was entirely content with how things have gone and what this game has turned out to be, but it is what it is.

who wants to roleplay a pauper?

Its called character progression. From zero to... something.
Besides, the corpo V will be just as broke as the other lifepaths once they get kicked off Arasaka.

As to the video... Everything else except the music looks good... I am not overly excited about gunplay in these kind of games in general. But it will do its job I guess. I was excited to catch a glimpse of the gorilla arms for the first time.

The smart weapons seem gimmicky, but I guess this is CDPR's answer of having both shooter gameplay and ensuring armless and aimless people still can play the game.

ricochet2.jpg
The bullets are ricocheting quite a ways off from where the gun is pointing.... Work in progress I guess..

I am happy with everything shown so far.

My only concern is will the AI be on same level to challenge the gun power?

smarter AI NPC will justify the guns and its different powers.

I am happy with everything shown so far.

My only concern is will the AI be on same level to challenge the gun power?

smarter AI NPC will justify the guns and its different powers.
Valid point.
Variety is the spice of life!
What about mission specific weapon selection?
Unless I have 1 base firearm and can swap weapon mods?
If you only have 1 tool, make sure it's the right one for the job.

Really liked what they showed us today and i think that combat in general looks great, have to test it out myself but overall i am really positive from what i have seen. Do kinda hope that they show more unedited footage that doesn't cut to a different scene every 2 seconds..

Biggest fear still remains to be driving and combat, hopefully they nail that too.

Its called character progression. From zero to... something.
Besides, the corpo V will be just as broke as the other lifepaths once they get kicked off Arasaka.

As to the video... Everything else except the music looks good... I am not overly excited about gunplay in these kind of games in general. But it will do its job I guess. I was excited to catch a glimpse of the gorilla arms for the first time.

The smart weapons seem gimmicky, but I guess this is CDPR's answer of having both shooter gameplay and ensuring armless and aimless people still can play the game.

View attachment 11055314
The bullets are ricocheting quite a ways off from where the gun is pointing.... Work in progress I guess..

It's not ricocheting the bullets, it's a smart weapon and the bullets are tracking the enemy.

Nomad for 1st playthrough is almost a certainty for me

You too huh? We can be nomads together, weeeee :).

In any case, maybe it's just me but the game looks freaking gorgeous.

It looks like melee combat animations have seen some work too. Although, it looks like they're making the screen shake mildly to indicate movement/power. I suppose this is acceptable. It definitely looked better.... Even the very brief clip of the boxer fight appeared to speed up the NPC... responsiveness. GJ CDPR.

Covering life-paths again doesn't hurt but it didn't seem like new info was provided. One of the curiosities I have there is if you can change your life-path mid playthrough. As in, if you're a street kid and make a lot of decisions geared toward a corpo path if you can shift your "life-path" in that direction. Similar to, I don't know, an alignment concept. Strictly speaking this wouldn't make sense for the way life-paths are advertised. It'd be kind of cool though.

I also wonder if NPC's won't make use of smart weapons too. I'd expect they would if those weapons exist. It'd be neat to have to adapt around that as the player. Instead of gearing up with smart weapons and trivializing combat encounters.

Yea, I'm kinda disappointed since they showed most of the weapons we already knew about or saw earlier. Especially with the melee and cyberware weapons. Only the new one was tanto. They did show a lot of shotguns in the trailer. I think I counted at least 4 or 5 in the trailer.

Top Bottom