Insane Grind for Journey Cosmetics with 175 Levels?

+
Hey guys, I'm a little confused by this thread, on the iPad version I could only see 100 levels.
Level 100 being Ciri in a kimono.

Is there a second page?

There are only 100 Levels on PC too. After that you gain levels and you can fulfill contracts (by reaching certain levels). Visit the "Contract" section and search for Journey related quests.

- I like this journey tbh but i can definitely see why it would leave a bad "taste" to a lot of people's mouths.

- I think it would be fair for the devs to gatekeep some cosmetic beyond lvl 100 if it was grind only exclusive and you could not buy your way to it, that way customers that bought last journey wouldn't have a reason to complain.

- You pay 10$ for 100lvls and after that you get rewards that only the most faithful and hardcore could get, thus boosting activity and not having to worry bout arguments bout being fair or not.
There are alot of games that have achievements that only the most hardcore/active and masochistic players get but that can be considered a badge of honour and dedication aswell.

- In conclusion, i enjoy this journey's iteration but i don't like the fact that you can pay your way to the top when the grind is insane.
I'm down for having achievement type rewards for the most dedicated so they can have
a "sence of pride and accomplishment" ! :coolstory: (priceless line)
...i guess time will tell.

Good luck to everyone, i'll be grinding with ya out there ! :beer:

I am a lurker but had to create a account because in this case i just had to put in my opinion.

TL/DR:

The amount of games the op put out is fine being able to pay your way to skip it is fine / and no the entire player base DOES NOT deserve an equal chance to get EVERYTHING You only deserve what you can pay for or earn based on the requirements of X offer by the devs.

IMO this thread and some of the opinion in it is actually entitled and boils down to one concept " everyone deserves everything"

IMO attitied is false and extremely entitled.

For example if they say you get this x awesome thing but you have grind 500 games in a month or pay $200 then only the people who grind 500 games or pay $200 DESERVE it and there should ALWAYS be a way to pay yourself out of a grind.

If you only play 20 games in a month can afford / think " omg $200 for digital item that does not exist" im not pay that for something that doesn't exist.

That's your personal choice/ financial/ free time situation and not fault of the devs.

FTP not wanting /can't grind / pay also does not give you the right to demand everything.

" ohh i'm going to quit and all my friends are going to quit because this is p2w and if free players quit the game dies" that's just throwing a temper tantrum. It's the same accusing x game devs of being greedy or that they don't understand F2P business modem or economy.

People forget that social media / forum community / popular content creators etc are only the smallest fraction of that actual player base and the devs have information about how people are interacting with their game as a whole. If you have 1 million players and even 100 000 are unhappy about something that is still only 1/10 entier of the player base.

That's my 2 cents. I think the devs have been generous and only the people who can reach the requirements set by then deserve the prizes at 175

Last edited:
The amount of games the op put out is fine being able to pay your way to skip it is fine / and no the entire player base DOES NOT deserve an equal chance to get EVERYTHING You only deserve what you can pay for or earn based on the requirements of X offer by the devs.

Back during Beta most borders would be given only to the top 10.000 players. Only the top 100 players would get that sweet Dragon border, that today is accessible to the casual gamer. By the way, that kind of reward was awarded based on skill and not based on "insane grind".

Season-Ending-Rewards-Beta.png

In time, CDPR realized that this way of dealing with cosmetic items was not good business, as the top 100 players represent less than 0.001% of their customers. All the rest of their customers were excluded.

So they changed the way they assign the rewards. And guess what? They keep changing their policy. Based on what they assume is going to be more profitable and (hopefully) address concerns and desires of their playerbase.

It's called feedback.

It's the same accusing x game devs of being greedy or that they don't understand F2P business modem or economy.

............. you just forgot that the journey is not free. :beer:

Making paying customers grind like they are f2p is the complete opposite of what the model should do.

Not even the MtG arena offers rewards for excessive grinding when you pass level 100 (And that in MtG you can even pay the season pass just playing as f2p)

Even after the first season passes that required reaching 100 for the last of the pets, they decided to lower that requirement to level 80, with 90 being the maximum level that provides a premium card design. After that things continue to be achieved but they are only silver cards.

1596906721718.png

1596906548802.png

In card games, "hardcore" players have the difference in that they acquire all (or almost all) of the content as opposed to the casual player who always lags behind when it comes to collecting.
And after obtaining the common collection, the search for the premium collection begins.

Therefore season passes are not aimed at the hardcore gamer as they are designed to retain the casual gamer.

I hope you don't want to tell us that this is not the case and you understand more about Marketing than Hasbro, we all know that these people are worse than the devil when it comes to getting money.

As I said before, the idea of these designs for more dedicated people is not bad, but its implementation is bad, linking it to 175 levels in the same season.

I am a lurker but had to create a account because in this case i just had to put in my opinion.

TL/DR:

IMO this thread and some of the opinion in it is actually entitled and boils down to one concept " everyone deserves everything"

IMO attitied is false and extremely entitled.

For example if they say you get this x awesome thing but you have grind 500 games in a month or pay $200 then only the people who grind 500 games or pay $200 DESERVE it and there should ALWAYS be a way to pay yourself out of a grind.

If you only play 20 games in a month can afford / think " omg $200 for digital item that does not exist" im not pay that for something that doesn't exist.

That's your personal choice/ financial/ free time situation and not fault of the devs.

FTP not wanting /can't grind / pay also does not give you the right to demand everything.

" ohh i'm going to quit and all my friends are going to quit because this is p2w and if free players quit the game dies" that's just throwing a temper tantrum and accusing x game they don't understand F2P business modem or economy.

People for get that social media / forum community / popular content creators etc are only the smallest fraction of that actual player base.

That's my 2 cents. I think the devs have been generous and only the people who can reach the requirements set by then deserve the prizes at 175

- First of all let me say this, i agree with rewarding dedicated/hardcore players more than casual ones, it's fair, there are no two ways about it really.

- Secondly, last month's "event" that came after the journey left a bad taste in people's mouths cause it was grindy af and under rewarding in comparison to last journey's rewards, the crown reward system changed and an expansion dropped at the same exact point.
In order to get the RP you got back with the first journey you had to play alot more and be lucky enough to have cards and decks ready and at hand for each and every faction, which new players wouldn't have, that imo was a serious mistake since new expansions tend to draw in new players and that is not debatable it's a logical fact.

- This journey we're on atm doesn't seem bad but we'll see how it goes in the end. :)

Cheers

As I said before, the idea of these designs for more dedicated people is not bad, but its implementation is bad, linking it to 175 levels in the same season.

As was mentioned several times already; if @SlamaTwoFlags and his team want to reward dedicated players but not induce this insane grind to 175 levels, why not change the 100+ level cosmetic achievements linking them instead of time limited Journey levels to games played using the Journeys main character (in this case Ciri).

If you want to reward time spent playing the game then make the extra cosmetic rewards for playing 200, 300 or even 500 matches with Ciri as your leader. That way people who can't play hours each day will eventually get there even after the Journey is long finished, and people who can get there faster (the crazy grinders) will be rewarded by having the cosmetics months or even years earlier then others who play more casually, few games a week.

I don't get why this would not be a much better system and would promote healthy gaming habits not compelling people to play countless hours each day in fear of missing out on cool cosmetics from the Journey they paid for.

Hey guys, just my two cents regarding the Journey progression.

Just a suggestion, with people calculating the amount of days and crowns needed to reach level 175 in Ciri's journey, would it be possible for you guys, CDPR, to include some quests or other incentives that boost our progress of obtaining crowns?

Really hope that you would offer some easier incentives or alternatives to help out the people that actually love and support your game, it's an even better journey compared to the last that's why I chose to purchase it and support the game. But at this rate, it seems almost too much of a commitment just to try to get ALL of the things included within the journey.

I know those things are bonuses past level 100, but I think it will do us all good and the players will be really happy with the decision if the developers themselves listen to their fan base and adjust things in order to help the players out. It will really spell out a great reputation for the company, and for any future purchases and Journey #3 even, based on the attitude of the company being so receptive to player's needs and requests.

Sincerely hope someone from CDPR reads this, if anyone knows the right place to post this please do repost, I think it will really be the benefit for everyone, both developer and players being on the same page.

Much appreciated for taking the time out to read this!

As was mentioned several times already; if @SlamaTwoFlags and his team want to reward dedicated players but not induce this insane grind to 175 levels, why not change the 100+ level cosmetic achievements linking them instead of time limited Journey levels to games played using the Journeys main character (in this case Ciri).

If you want to reward time spent playing the game then make the extra cosmetic rewards for playing 200, 300 or even 500 matches with Ciri as your leader. That way people who can't play hours each day will eventually get there even after the Journey is long finished, and people who can get there faster (the crazy grinders) will be rewarded by having the cosmetics months or even years earlier then others who play more casually, few games a week.

I don't get why this would not be a much better system and would promote healthy gaming habits not compelling people to play countless hours each day in fear of missing out on cool cosmetics from the Journey they paid for.
I couldn't sum this up better myself :ok:

I mentioned before, and just to highlight again: grind as much as possible this month in seasonal 8 seconds mode, guys. The games are much faster. I progressed 20 levels within one week. Should be 80 by the end of the month of Draconid, then 45 levels each month with slower game modes. Should be doable.

I mentioned before, and just to highlight again: grind as much as possible this month in seasonal 8 seconds mode, guys. The games are much faster. I progressed 20 levels within one week. Should be 80 by the end of the month of Draconid, then 45 levels each month with slower game modes. Should be doable.

you must have alot of time dedicated into playing Gwent.

How many games a day do you actually play?
Post automatically merged:

And don't you guys think it's better if we create seperate threads to voice our own opinion so the Devs hear us? At this rate, I'm not even sure if they do read this particular thread post.

Last edited:
And don't you guys think it's better if we create seperate threads to voice our own opinion so the Devs hear us? At this rate, I'm not even sure if they do read this particular thread post.

They will be merged here, and the devs ignore the forums anyways, we are here for fun :beer:

Isn't that still grinding? I have played a lot in that mode these days for the same reason that I can reach more games per day, even so I am only level 9.

I Don't Know if i'm the one who is wrong but i only have 100 levels in my journey. What 175 levels are you talking about?

I Don't Know if i'm the one who is wrong but i only have 100 levels in my journey. What 175 levels are you talking about?

Check the achievements/quests/contracts section, the 100+ stuff is listed there.

That is definitely a good option, but it still requires you to have 2-3 hours each day to play and grind, depending on your win rate. Its even harder if you are new and don't have all the cards to complete weekly quests.

Plus doing it for a week might be fine but I think by the end of the first month if you keep this pace you will be completely burned out and sick of Gwent.

Has anybody tweeted @ CDPR or something regarding this grinding of Journey #2 issue? I think that would really help us being heard :(

Check the achievements/quests/contracts section, the 100+ stuff is listed there.

That is definitely a good option, but it still requires you to have 2-3 hours each day to play and grind, depending on your win rate. Its even harder if you are new and don't have all the cards to complete weekly quests.

Plus doing it for a week might be fine but I think by the end of the first month if you keep this pace you will be completely burned out and sick of Gwent.
You are right. All in all I wish that all goodies were within the first 100 levels, and then only reward points that would progressively increase from level 100 to level 175 for hardcore players.

But we are where we are. =/ I like the concept of journey overall, and I also don't want to miss out on those missable rewards.

You, and everyone else saying the same thing, are basically complaining that they put in additional rewards compared to the previous Journey. There is exactly nothing wrong with having incentive to play a lot, because it's all optional.

Last Journey many were complaining that after reaching level 100 the game was less rewarding, and now that the devs fixed the problem people complain that it's too difficult to obtain the top-tier rewards intended for players who do plan to play a lot.

The devs just cannot win, can they. :giveup:
The thing you've said is total nonsense. Players said fix it, not ruin it even more in an opposite way. In order to get 175 level you have to grind 24 rounds per day. Nobody asked for it. Everyone just complained first Journey was ending too soon. Required rounds of win per day to get all the rewards was acceptable in the first one though. Now they are increasing the ratio by not adding additional weekly quest for extra 75 level part. If they want to fix it, there should be some additional weekly quests after 100 so we can reach 175 level without devoting our whole life to this game.

Top Bottom