Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! If interested in the basics of modding, there is a wealth of information to be found here:

(Don't hold me to this, but I believe the files need to be cooked in order to work properly.)
Thanks for replying :). I still have few quests till the game is all finished so after I finish it I will then try to experiment. If I mess up seriously I will just reinstall :D

Hi all

I'm new to the forum and having issues with one of the quests of witcher 1 but I can't post
So i'm just saying hi

I
Your account name is Brendan.
Your real name is Rafael.
Your nick name is Happy.

Well, okay... now, all that's missing is your true name. :)

I was literally as you responded trying to figure out why my account name is what it is.. lol My nickname is happy, my name is Rafael. Rafael Garcia. :( Like I noticed as I introduced myself, now it's stressing me. In fact as a mod if you have a solution on how to address that I would be grateful.

Last edited:
Hello moderators. Could you please create a thread on about first-person melee combat on my behalf?

More specifically: I saw on the news that the dev team is not entirely happy with the melee combat yet and I would urge them to check out the game ELDERBORN, wich has pretty much perfected this kind of combat. Maybe it can inspire them to give that final push!

This video explains it all:

Just as any fan of CDPR, I want the best for this game. If you guys could create a thread about this, maybe more users can interact with it and the chances of any DEV to see it might increase (I don't know about any better channel to contact the devs).

THANKS!

Hey fellow Witchers, I'm new here and wanted to ask something about the Witcher 3. I managed to complete the main game a few years ago and grafted to platinum but my disc drive is completely screwed. I bought the digital version yesterday on the PS Store assuming I could play some NG+ and attempt the DLC's I never played. Any reason the digital version is not loading game saves? I specifically made sure it wasn't the GOTY edition.

Hello moderators. Could you please create a thread on about first-person melee combat on my behalf?

More specifically: I saw on the news that the dev team is not entirely happy with the melee combat yet and I would urge them to check out the game ELDERBORN, wich has pretty much perfected this kind of combat. Maybe it can inspire them to give that final push!

This video explains it all:

Just as any fan of CDPR, I want the best for this game. If you guys could create a thread about this, maybe more users can interact with it and the chances of any DEV to see it might increase (I don't know about any better channel to contact the devs).

THANKS!

This reminds me so much of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. A truly under-appreciated title. While Vermentide 1 & 2 are what I would call a spiritual successor, I miss the "adventure" feel of the gameplay in Dark Messiah. Combat is more like "duels" rather than "hack-and-slash-left-4-dead-survival".

Personally, I feel that the Chronicles of Riddick games took first-person melee combat to a great, new place...which no studio has really tried to tackle since. (Kingdom Come: Deliverance tiptoes into that zone a bit.)

Hey fellow Witchers, I'm new here and wanted to ask something about the Witcher 3. I managed to complete the main game a few years ago and grafted to platinum but my disc drive is completely screwed. I bought the digital version yesterday on the PS Store assuming I could play some NG+ and attempt the DLC's I never played. Any reason the digital version is not loading game saves? I specifically made sure it wasn't the GOTY edition.

Not sure if I'm understanding exactly what the situation is here, but I can say the following:

Different copies of the game on different platforms are not the "same product". Hence, an installation of the "Standard Edition + HoS + B&W + 16 Free DLC" is not viewed as the same product as the "GOTY Edition", even if both are played on the same PS4. Hence, saved games from one version of the game will not work on the other version of the game -- even though they are essentially the same game. This is down to the way that online marketplaces manage their products: they view different "releases" of the same title as totally different titles for the purposes of purchasing and support.

Therefore, if you originally purchased a "disk" version of the original game, then later purchased a "digital" version of the same game, the PS4 is going to treat them as two, totally different products. As far as I know, there's no way around this. It's not a CDPR system; it's a Sony system. And this is the same on Sony, Microsoft, GOG, Steam, Origin, etc. One release of the game will not recognize saves from a different release of the game.

This reminds me so much of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. A truly under-appreciated title. While Vermentide 1 & 2 are what I would call a spiritual successor, I miss the "adventure" feel of the gameplay in Dark Messiah. Combat is more like "duels" rather than "hack-and-slash-left-4-dead-survival".

Personally, I feel that the Chronicles of Riddick games took first-person melee combat to a great, new place...which no studio has really tried to tackle since. (Kingdom Come: Deliverance tiptoes into that zone a bit.)

Not sure if I'm understanding exactly what the situation is here, but I can say the following:

Different copies of the game on different platforms are not the "same product". Hence, an installation of the "Standard Edition + HoS + B&W + 16 Free DLC" is not viewed as the same product as the "GOTY Edition", even if both are played on the same PS4. Hence, saved games from one version of the game will not work on the other version of the game -- even though they are essentially the same game. This is down to the way that online marketplaces manage their products: they view different "releases" of the same title as totally different titles for the purposes of purchasing and support.

Therefore, if you originally purchased a "disk" version of the original game, then later purchased a "digital" version of the same game, the PS4 is going to treat them as two, totally different products. As far as I know, there's no way around this. It's not a CDPR system; it's a Sony system. And this is the same on Sony, Microsoft, GOG, Steam, Origin, etc. One release of the game will not recognize saves from a different release of the game.
Thanks for the reply. To confirm I didn't buy the GOTY version. I had the original disc and bought the digital version of "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt". From looking online it seems some people managed to get it working straight away, as soon as they loaded the digital version. Maybe they were on a different platform not PS4, I'll have a check.

Question. I sent this to a moderator, but thought I could ask here, too. I've been writing some opinion list pieces about The Witcher 3 I'd like to share, but I don't want to seem spammy. Is there a thread somewhere to share this kind of thing so I'm sharing appropriately and not mucking up other threads? I have 5 articles I'd like to share, and I'm looking for the right way to do it.

By the way, regardless, I am really enjoying the forums! This game has an awesome fandom!

Is there a thread somewhere to share this kind of thing so I'm sharing appropriately and not mucking up other threads?

You almost have the required 10 posts to start a new thread. Then you can make one [here] and neatly put all the articles in one thread. Unfortunately, you cannot submit multiple posts in a row, but after someone (like a moderator) replies, you can post another article.

Anyone know if the game will release at the same time for everyone or will there be streamers that get early access to the game X number of days before everyone gets access?

Thanks

Just saying "Hi" here, waiting till I can make a post about a technical issue (bug, maybe?) I'm experiencing at the moment.
Anyway, I'm huge fan of the Witcher books and Witcher 3: TWH game (didn't play the first two chapters yet); when I'm not playing videogames, I'm a mathematician who works as a software engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom