Timescale settings?

+
I haven't found any information about it, has there been any info about how day/night cycle will work in the game?

I hope for having a setting in game for timescale, there are quite a few open world games where imemrsion suffers when time of day changes too fast. That is including The Witcher 3, the first mod I installed was for custom timescale. I like when the "golden hour" lasts more than a couple minutes.

It seems to be even more important for CP, I'm sure that I will like to drive around and explore the Night City at night, and it would be a shame if I see a sunrise after walking around for 15 minutes.

Last edited:
I haven't found any information about it, has there been any info about how day/night cycle will work in the game?

I hope for having a setting in game for timescale, there are quite a few open world games where imemrsion suffers when time of day changes too fast. That is including The Witcher 3, the first mod I installed was for custom timescale. I like when the "golden hour" lasts more than a couple minutes.

It seems to be even more important for CP, I'm sure that I will like to drive around and explore the Night City at night, and it would be a shame if I see a sunrise after walking around for 15 minutes.

I am pretty sure this has been mentioned in one of the hands-on-demo reports.

Seems like one full day (24 hours ingame) is 3 hours of real time. This means that the cycle is about double in length to that of Witcher 3 (which had 90 minutes apparently)

Thanks for the link!

CD Projekt RED has made it so you'll be able to role-play and take in all the sights at your own pace, making it so a full day takes approximately 3 hours in the real world.

On one hand it's great news for me that the day is longer than in most games. On the other it would still be great to have a slider in game options - I modded W3 and set timescale to be 1:4, and I will likely look for ways of setting it up similarly.

Fear not if you find this a little daunting as it's expected you'll be able to advance time without being penalized with a loading screen.

Great, so with a longer timescale I should be able to set time of day that I like and play like that for a bit.

I think I'm just frustrated that I always had to mod games to be more immersive this way, I hope it won't be an issue or will be easily adjustable in CP.

Thanks for the link!

On one hand it's great news for me that the day is longer than in most games. On the other it would still be great to have a slider in game options - I modded W3 and set timescale to be 1:4, and I will likely look for ways of setting it up similarly.

Great, so with a longer timescale I should be able to set time of day that I like and play like that for a bit.

I think I'm just frustrated that I always had to mod games to be more immersive this way, I hope it won't be an issue or will be easily adjustable in CP.
Thing is, and this applies to everything in this game, CDPR can't and won't make everyone happy about everything. It's all about compromises, and what they see fit that will work as a "default".

Top Bottom