The General Videogame Thread

+
1596047775360.png

They really fucked up here.

Obsidian trying their hands on a (supposedly) Skyrim-like game based on the Pillars of Eternity setting.

I don't care much for the Pillars world. I'll probably still give it a shot since it could be interesting. Would have been more excited if it was set in the same world as Tyranny though (there's so much more potential there, imo).

I've been playing Kenshi recently and I love the freedom in it! :p Granted theres not much story there, you have to create it yourself, sorta rp it out haha, but the freedom is amazing!

I don't care much for the Pillars world. I'll probably still give it a shot since it could be interesting. Would have been more excited if it was set in the same world as Tyranny though (there's so much more potential there, imo).

Yeah. PoE's world is... dry to say the least. But they had it premade to a far greater extent than Tyranny's so... a good amount of writing work saved.

Personally I'm more interested in.... you guessed it... the mechanics that the game utilizes. Not expecting much, but...anyway. Maybe Obsidian manages to surprise me.

I'm curious, did Ubisoft kick sand in your face and steal your girlfriend at the beach or something? I know some people may not notice your dislike for them, what with it being so low-key and subtle. :sneaky:
No, they just waste games with high potential and budget. But yes, I'm not trying to hide my contempt. Why should I? It's not like they pay me or something.

P.S. I actually praise their decision to decrease the importance of levels in Valhalla (they changed levels with power level). When they do something good, I'm happy, ofc.

I really thought the original PoE was enjoyable, but that they never really "went there" with the world. Bit flat. Interesting, but I feel it has the opening for piles of emotional content if they're brave enough to deal with the real, gritty reality of what it would mean if souls were "fractured and recycled" before reincarnation occurred. (Potential for some crazy "Dragon Reborn" stuff there.)

I've been playing Kenshi recently and I love the freedom in it! :p Granted theres not much story there, you have to create it yourself, sorta rp it out haha, but the freedom is amazing!

I am going to play Kenshi this weekend. Haven't seen it since the early alpha builds. I'm diving back into it this weekend. Or maybe next weekend. Definitely before Christmas. Or New Year's at the latest.

(Did it again. Bought a basketful of games during the blinkin' summer sales...)

I am going to play Kenshi this weekend.

It's pretty good. Had a lot of fun for the 200 or so hours i poured into it. I found it's best enjoyed if you go with the flow. Get your ass beat, lose stuff, lose members (party or anatomical), then go get it back with added interest :p

Edit: Oh yea, and it has one of the best theme songs i've had the pleasure of listening to:

Last edited:
It's pretty good. Had a lot of fun for the 200 or so hours i poured into it. I found it's best enjoyed if you go with the flow. Get your ass beat, lose stuff, lose members (party or anatomical), then go get it back with added interest

I think the first time I played, I just hung around the gates of some town that was getting constantly attacked by bandits. After being knocked down and waiting to heal about 20 times...

...I was kitted out in all metal armor with a big ol' sword, all of which I had looted from the dead bandits other people killed. :D

(I killed one bandit in the next attack!)

Oh yea, and it has one of the best theme songs i've had the pleasure of listening to:

That is quite thematic. Very cool!

Yeah, I forgot to post about bloodlines...

Dying light 2 is really weird, a couple of months ago they said that release date was closer than we imagine (which I doubt since the game was supposed to be released in spring 2020), then we got the avellone-thingy and complete silence since then. :shrug:

GODDAMN.

Eh, I have a feeling that Bloodlines 2 will "suck", and not because it's a game about vampires :)

Atomic Heart, on the other hand, looks amazing and it's definitely on my radar.

At least now it won't be released during the CP2077 launch.

In before CP2077 is delayed again.
That's assuming CP2077 is 100% immune to yet another delay...I'm not going to be 100% sure this will launch in November until CDPR announces they've gone gold. Until then, anything is possible.

In case someone is interested in these types of games, A Total War Saga: Troy is free on the Epic store for 24 hours for some reason...not my type of game, but someone might like it.

We're gonna have the most expensive consoles ever (realistic rumors say 600$\€ for both) with the poorest launch line-up ever (only next gen games are the medium, AA game, and Spiderman expandalone)... Pretty sad. If my ps4 pro hadn't had any issues, I would have definitely not decided to buy a next gen console this year.

We're gonna have the most expensive consoles ever (realistic rumors say 600$\€ for both) with the poorest launch line-up ever (only next gen games are the medium, AA game, and Spiderman expandalone)... Pretty sad. If my ps4 pro hadn't had any issues, I would have definitely not decided to buy a next gen console this year.
Dude am i happy that i play on PC.
With a nice gsync OLED its really the "end all be all" of gaming.

Top Bottom