V will not have the ability to dual wield weapons in this game (confirmed by Marcin)

+
What do you think of my comment above? Am I on to something? I feel like maybe they're gonna surprise us. I dunno.

My guess is that since it has already been confirmed recently by Marcin Momot that dual-wielding is not in the game, they probably won't add it in the last 3 months when their focus is on ironing out all the bugs and optimization, and not implementing new features. I just made a sarcastic comment to those who think dual-wielding looks stupid, because despite it not being in the game, CDPR keeps adding it for aesthetic reasons to icons, cutscenes, etc... I'm actually ok with it not being in the game for balance reasons, but to claim it's not style over substance is hilarious to me.

My guess is that since it has already been confirmed recently by Marcin Momot that dual-wielding is not in the game, they probably won't add it in the last 3 months when their focus is on ironing out all the bugs and optimization, and not implementing new features. I just made a sarcastic comment to those who think dual-wielding looks stupid, because despite it not being in the game, CDPR keeps adding it for aesthetic reasons to icons, cutscenes, etc... I'm actually ok with it not being in the game for balance reasons, but to claim it's not style over substance is hilarious to me.
Lol, I get what you mean. I feel like it's gonna be in DLC though. At least. I just get that feeling. I dunno. lol.

Dual wielding has never made much sense to me, anyway. It looks weird, and can't possibly be that practical despite what games like to make it seem. Especially with guns or even just melee weapons bigger than a knife.

This.

Video games and action movies love dual-wielding firearms, but the truth is that anyone dual-wielding firearms would be less effective than just wielding one.

You could probably justify it to some extent in Cyberpunk with various upgrades giving people superhuman reflexes or a greater ability to multitask than our basic biology allows, but given the natural limitations to dual-wielding I don't mind it not making the game.

Mehh... dual wielding isn't practical, and dual wielding pistols only look cool when Neo does it in the Matrix. That aside... if they include it in the game, you'll have a group of people complaining about it being unrealistic. If they don't include it, you now have people complaining about it not being there. No matter what they do, you will have someone complain about it.

It's always the same story... fist, you have people complaining that CDPR doesn't release game footage. Then when they finally do, they complain about XYZ, and when X, Y or Z changes, they complain about that too.
I see the point of dual pistols being impractical, but I think dual melee weapons should be a thing in Cyberpunk (those aren't so impractical so long as they're short)

I see the point of dual pistols being impractical, but I think dual melee weapons should be a thing in Cyberpunk (those aren't so impractical so long as they're short)
Dual wielding any weapon is somewhat impractical. It's better to use your other hand to support the one holding the weapon so you're less likely to be disarmed. Samurai didn't carry two swords because they used both at once, they had a shorter blade to use in close quarters, switching as needed. No one in their right mind does that, it's just hollywood/gaming nonsense to look cool. with few exceptions that are designed that way (escrima sticks, sais, etc.)

Dual wielding any weapon is somewhat impractical. It's better to use your other hand to support the one holding the weapon so you're less likely to be disarmed. Samurai didn't carry two swords because they used both at once, they had a shorter blade to use in close quarters, switching as needed. No one in their right mind does that, it's just hollywood/gaming nonsense to look cool. with few exceptions that are designed that way (escrima sticks, sais, etc.)
I was thinking knives or brass knuckles (both small and light), definitely not katanas as those are intended to be two handed only (as in 2 hands on 1 hilt), long or short.

So, what I'm advocating for is the dual wielding of very small and light melee weapons exclusively

I was thinking knives or brass knuckles (both small and light), definitely not katanas as those are intended to be two handed only (as in 2 hands on 1 hilt), long or short.

So, what I'm advocating for is the dual wielding of very small and light melee weapons exclusively
Still highly unlikely. Most knife combat is done one handed, so the open hand is available to grab, or defend. Most people just use brass knuckles one handed too, on their dominant hand to have the most effect. Yeah it looks cool, but it's just not done most of the time, and with good reason.

Since this is Cyberpunk theme, I think dual wield could be updated in free DLC or expansion but it will only available through a special cyber-arms. Basically "The Akimbo" arms. It's a cyberware that provide an auto speed loader magazine feature while also have the strength to dual wield in a proper (less-recoil) ways. Of course Akimbo arms will have multiple types that either focus on reload or less recoil or the strength to wield heavier guns.
Guns that being wielded by each hands must be from the same class/type (handgun + handgun, etc). Meanwhile the auto speed loader feature visualized by a smaller arms in each hands that animated to carry a clip/magazine & reload.

But, once again, such a thing is a pipe dream. CDPR are not that well known on improving the combat system in their subsequent games. Basically have to wait the next iteration for that & that's not even a certainty...

"V WILL NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO DUAL WIELD WEAPONS IN THIS GAME (CONFIRMED BY MARCIN)"

Always loved seeing dual wielding in movies and games. Find it very stylish, mystifying and entertaining. Both with swords, and firearms. But that's only when you see the character performing it. In a game where you never see the character... yeah, pretty much pointless to implement. For me at least.

Since this is Cyberpunk theme, I think dual wield could be updated in free DLC or expansion but it will only available through a special cyber-arms. Basically "The Akimbo" arms. It's a cyberware that provide an auto speed loader magazine feature while also have the strength to dual wield in a proper (less-recoil) ways. Of course Akimbo arms will have multiple types that either focus on reload or less recoil or the strength to wield heavier guns.
Guns that being wielded by each hands must be from the same class/type (handgun + handgun, etc). Meanwhile the auto speed loader feature visualized by a smaller arms in each hands that animated to carry a clip/magazine & reload.

But, once again, such a thing is a pipe dream. CDPR are not that well known on improving the combat system in their subsequent games. Basically have to wait the next iteration for that & that's not even a certainty...
Akimbo, a Japanese word that sounds very Cyberpunkish :cool:

So, it looks "weird" but Jackie can do it?
Yeah, Jackie made some poor judgement calls. Sorry, Jacks, it's the truth.

Akimbo shooting is fun, and I'd have enjoyed it in Cpunk, but it's also quite silly and mostly just a good way to miss with both weapons. A lot.

Now...with cyberware, that changes things. Still not as accurate as a stable platform, but with processors to track each weapon and eye separately, not completely dumb. Just mostly.

From a tactical standpoint would be interesting, If you can pick two different target at once. That's the whole point of dual wielding pistols in my opinion. Not only for Cyberpunk, but for games in general.

But, You know it's not happening.
Animations in this game are really bad, that's why (I think) they removed third person entirely.
You can't even sleep properly in this game, beacause they was not able to make a good animation.

You'd have to be able to split your focus down two different sights. Even with tech, eyes don't work that way, unless you're cross-eyed, or something. The point of dual wielding pistols is more bullets without reloading to fire at the same target for better chances of hitting it because your accuracy is bad shooting that way. That's why it's frequently referred to as "spray&pray".

And they fixed how V sleeps in the bed.

You'd have to be able to split your focus down two different sights. Even with tech, eyes don't work that way, unless you're cross-eyed, or something. The point of dual wielding pistols is more bullets without reloading to fire at the same target for better chances of hitting it because your accuracy is bad shooting that way. That's why it's frequently referred to as "spray&pray".
uhmmm yes and no.
Have you ever tried double wielding in reality?
It's not about the "precision" you don't aim with sight, you just point the gun in the direction and try to hit the target.
Dual weilding to hit the same target just doesn't works.
You will loose the ability to aim, just to fire more bullet at the same target? Aren't like 10 bullets enough for one?

For example look at 1:45, the dual weilding is used to cover both directions.
It's a movie i know, but it's the same principle.

uhmmm yes and no.
Have you ever tried double wielding in reality?
It's not about the "precision" you don't aim with sight, you just point the gun in the direction and try to hit the target.
Dual weilding to hit the same target just doesn't works.
You will loose the ability to aim, just to fire more bullet at the same target? Aren't like 10 bullets enough for one?

For example look at 1:45, the dual weilding is used to cover both directions.
It's a movie i know, but it's the same principle.
No, i haven't. Because it's a stupid thing to do. If one needs a full clip to drop one target, they should probably just not pick up a gun.

Movie is part of the problem. That's hollywood/comic/game nonsense to look cool. Nothing more. Do you see cops, S.W.A.T., or soldiers doing that? No.

No, i haven't. Because it's a stupid thing to do. If one needs a full clip to drop one target, they should probably just not pick up a gun.
Movie is part of the problem. That's hollywood/comic/game nonsense to look cool. Nothing more. Do you see cops, S.W.A.T., or soldiers doing that? No.
I think you missed the point.
I'm not saying it used in real life from cops.

I was saying that, from a "body" prospective it's not completly true that you need to "split you eye/focus".
You can just aim with the barrel, and not with the sight.
Obiously can't be used in real life scenarios, but maybe in the future will be possible for videogames, since movies has it already.... :shrug:

I think you missed the point.
I'm not saying it used in real life from cops.

I was saying that, from a "body" prospective it's not completly true that you need to "split you eye/focus".
You can just aim with the barrel, and not with the sight.
Obiously can't be used in real life scenarios, but maybe in the future will be possible for videogames, since movies has it already.... :shrug:
Alright, genius, how do you propose they make it to where you can move the crosshairs two different ways? I chose my words poorly earlier, i admit that. But the point remains of having to split the focus. They can do it in movies because it's a person that can move freely. Games are restricted by what the technology is capable of, and it's not capable of such nonsense. That's what i meant by aiming down two different sights, not literally using the sights on the weapon.

Top Bottom