I have a problem with the Chromatic aberration at the edges of the screen.

+
Cyberpunk 2077 is a beautiful game, but the problem I have with the presentation, is the post processing effect "chromatic aberration" surrounding the edges of the screen. In the digital Foundry analysis it was pointed out that it can be quite distracting, to the extent that it acts like depth of field, Clip - Starts at 12:10. I also feel like it takes away from the game's presentation, as it blurs out the game's graphical prowess. I'm sure you can turn it off in the menu, but I just found it distracting.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 is a beautiful game, but the problem I have with the presentation, is the post processing effect "chromatic aberration" surrounding the edges of the screen. In the digital Foundry analysis it was pointed out that it can be quite distracting, to the extent that it acts like depth of field, Clip - Starts at 12:10. I also feel like it takes away from the game's presentation, as it blurs out the game's graphical prowess. I'm sure you can turn it off in the menu, but I just found it distracting.
PLEASE, I can't wait to disable this stuff. You mean how the text blurs and mirrors behind itself a few times, and the text warps into a dome shape on the edges? That stuff bothers me A LOOOOT.

Totally agree.

PLEASE, I can't wait to disable this stuff. You mean how the text blurs and mirrors behind itself a few times, and the text warps into a dome shape on the edges? That stuff bothers me A LOOOOT.

Totally agree.
If this is really about chromatic aberration, then no. Chromatic aberration is a shift in color around the edges. It's a lens effect, typically seen in photography/videography, ie the violet color shift around the leaf edges:

images.jpg

... and looking at what the YT video zoomed in at....

lensdist.jpg

I'm not really seeing any chromatic aberration here. There's distortion, some fake motion blur, lens effect... but chromatic aberration? I guess you can make an argument that there's some around the chain link fence posts, but if you have to zoom in 3000% and pixel peep to find it, is it really an issue? From the video, it almost sounds like the guys from DF have no idea what a chromatic aberration even is, but they try to sound smart so they use the term to describe the overall special effects.

If this is really about chromatic aberration, then no. Chromatic aberration is a shift in color around the edges. It's a lens effect, typically seen in photography/videography, ie the violet color shift around the leaf edges:

View attachment 11056958

... and looking at what the YT video zoomed in at....

View attachment 11056961

I'm not really seeing any chromatic aberration here. There's distortion, some fake motion blur, lens effect... but chromatic aberration? I guess you can make an argument that there's some around the chain link fence posts, but if you have to zoom in 3000% and pixel peep to find it, is it really an issue? From the video, it almost sounds like the guys from DF have no idea what a chromatic aberration even is, but they try to sound smart so they use the term to describe the overall special effects.
These things are added to the game, not because they require a 3000% zoom microscope to view, but they are in fact added because of the fact that they change the way that things look in a noticeable way. If they couldn't be noticed, why would they be added?

Whenever I play a video game, I always instantly go and disable all of this stuff.
If there is chromatic aberration, DISABLED
If there is motion blur, DISABLED
If there is a lens flare? DISABLED!
If there is distortion or some kind of lens blur dome bendy effect, DISABLED!

These gimmicks give me severe nausea and huge head aches and these gimmicks are such an obnoxious plague upon the video game world. I can not wait to disable the *********** out of all that ***********! Just for the sake of being able to get a nice clear comfortable view of the game I payed money to be able to own and install and play. I see all these "features" as if I'm driving a car in real life and someone is like "HOOOO YEAAA HERE HAVE SOME FEATURES" and smears cow feces all over my windshield. "OOOOOOOHH YEAAAHHHH FEATURES SOO GOOD HOO HAHAHA!" I'm just like "NOOO!! NO THANKS!! NOPE!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOPE!" :oops:

Lol :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Top Bottom