Pawel Mielniczuk 'game has about 29 base models of cars, which can be found in countless varieties, including Nomad sets'.

+
Cyberpunk 2077's upgraded vehicles won't be just a simple reskins, they will affect the speed, handling and more. Some even come with installed anti-mine detector systems but most of them don't need windows thanks to "crystal dome technology".

We already know that Cyberpunk 2077 will feature a ton of different vehicles, which players will get to buy or steal from other Night City residents. Sadly, you won't be able to customise these vehicles yourself but there will be plenty of modded cars all over the Cyberpunk 2077 world.

In the latest interview with PlayStation magazine, Pawel Mielniczuk, Art Director for Characters and Hard Surfaces at CDPR shared some interesting new details about vehicles. He said that the game has about 29 base models of cars, which can be found in countless varieties, including Nomad sets.

Nomad cars, like the modded Quadra in the screenshot above, are not just simple reskins, instead, they will change the way vehicles behave and offer additional protection to drivers. For example, one of the mods that Nomads install on their cars are anti-mine detector systems, which can help detect mines in the Wastelands.

These cars also do not need lighting since all the cars are "driving on, infrared and stuff". This new technology in Cyberpunk 2077 called "crystal dome technology" allows players to view the outside through a screen that wraps around you.

"[It’s] basically an LCD screen with armour outside. So, when you get into the car, you shut the door, it's completely dark in there and after a minute the lights light up. There's this cool effect of disappearing meshes and seeing, looking like through the LCD screen so there are noises, there are glitches happening on the screens," Mielniczuk explains.

Wraith variant of the Quadra type 66 called 'Reaver'

Now here's an Aldecaldos modified Qaudra Type 66

Cyberpunk has 12 vehicle manufacturers, divided into tiers;

High Tier;
Rayfield (UK)
Herrera (Spain)

Middle Tier;
Chevillon (used by Police/Security)
Mizutani (Japanese sports cars)
Thorton
Villefort
Archer
Qaudra

Lower Tier;
Makigai
Mahir Motors

MotorBikes;

Yaiba
Brennan

Gonna spend some time blindly trying out everything I can get my hands on to see what's best for what. Super glad they're going that way with cars, feels a lot like weapon/item tiers and variations.
Yea I really like this! And thanks to the OP for making this cool informative thread!

The anti-mine thingy is interesting. It could mean fresh gameplay opportunities.

Still worried about driving and collision system, and it won't change until I'll try the game. And how quickly consoles will be able to load textures and stuff while driving. Don't want to play a powerpoint slideshow.

REALLY looking forward to the nomad gameplay story. It's the reason I didn't choose corpo. I'm hoping (based upon dev Q&A's) that it looks like I can be like how I am in real life. I grew up IRL with cars, computers, and guns (my first computer was a commodore 128 in the early 80s when I was 6), also modded my first car, a 1983 buick century (white with blue velvet interior, chrome and wood trim - loved that car) etc etc. Nowadays i'm on my way to Elon Musk it up (he started from nothing, renting out his place during college as a nightclub while he coded paypal almost 24/7) and I couldn't be happier.

Anyway back to the game. I like the fact that I'm not trapped in the machinations of Night City and that I'm an outside influence of the corps and street gangs, an unknown rogue element. Being able to handle the badlands or escape from the city when I need to and knowing the lay of the land with friends out in the badlands seems really cool to me (definitely looking forward to convoy raids). Really looking forward to getting the best vehicle or vehicles I can in addition to making the most money I can to live up the corpo lifestyle once I get into the city. I hope we can mod vehicles but if we can't that's ok. I doubt its possible but I want to make enough money to roleplay that I created and developed my own starter corporation. I'm sure as a techie it won't be hard to make awesome cash (turning starter gear into legendaries then selling hehe). Here's hoping I can make custom cyberdecks as well. Looking forward to seeing how my character interacts with the Voodoo boys. I'm also hoping there is a story arch with the Trauma Team or other medtech corps. Make custom healing stims or custom med cyberware that aids in healing or boosting capabilities.

I really want to go full intelligence/tech (to help with vehicle and cyberware modding) and then use cyberware to help with body and reflex. I want to go full Nomad/Tech/netrunner surrounded by vehicles and drones (heres hoping I can remote drive a car to save me). It's the best way to describe what I want. I'm hoping there are a big plethora of cyberarm weapons too. I would love to put a tech SMG in my right arm and smuggle it into areas where weapons aren't allowed. Really hope there are also a plethora of drones and mechs to control. Saw that tank as well in the latest trailer. Hoping my nomad friends have captured one and we can go on a rampage in the city GTA style.

Probably not going to happen but I will find a way to get ahold of an armored and armed aerodyne and go ham as well. Just so exciting to see my favorite paperback RPG come to life after so many years.

I expected to see more futuristic vehicles options.
All the vehicles shown so far appear to have come out of a racing game..
I just like the Rayfield :(

The anti-mine thingy is interesting. It could mean fresh gameplay opportunities.

Still worried about driving and collision system, and it won't change until I'll try the game. And how quickly consoles will be able to load textures and stuff while driving. Don't want to play a powerpoint slideshow.
I am actually very worried about this as well. I am very very very very very frustrated when I play any game and my character, horse, car, or anything just keep getting stuck on EVERYTHING..... it's a horrible feeling.
Post automatically merged:

As a bike lover i am a tiny bit disappointed there are only two types of bikes :shrug:but i guess the number of cars will make up for it .
Two types of BRANDS.... meaning there could be multiple bikes inside each bike brand. I think.

I expected to see more futuristic vehicles options.
All the vehicles shown so far appear to have come out of a racing game..
I just like the Rayfield :(
I would also like to see some more future looking cars, but I still like all the other kinds of cars too.
It would be a bit disappointing if most of the cars were non-futuristic looking. I just want to be clear, I really like what I've seen so far, I just hope that when we get to see all the different cars that there are an equal amount of low-tech, mid-tech, and high-tech, as well as very very futuristic options available. Not just a bunch of low and mid tech, and maybe only 1 or 2 advanced futuristic types, which would be very disappointing.
I like racing game cars, but it really depends on what racing games because some weren't very good, and some were better. But I also want to see some really crazy cool cars as well of course.

Last edited:
Not great, not terrible.

GTA 5 has over 250 vehicles.
Far Cry 5 has about 25 (without reskins).
Arma 3 has 20+ wheeled vehicles. (no tracks, boats or aircraft)

I hope we will see more with future DLCs and expansions.
CDPR should aim to double this number if possible.

Last edited:

With a little googling I found out that GTA 5 has about 665 unique vehicles, but I think it counts cars, motorcycles, airplanes, helicopters, boats, tanks, bicycles.. About half of these came from DLCs.

But 29 unique base models isn't too bad. I do hope that there would be more motorcycles than just the two that someone mentioned..

Yeah we'll be seeing a lot of the same cars driving around if there's only 29. The good news is that the interiors are extremely detailed. Oh yeah, what happened to Cybertruck? :shrug:

Not great, not terrible.

Far Cry 5 has about 25 (without reskins).
Arma 3 has 20+ wheeled vehicles. (no tracks, boats or aircraft)

I hope we will see more with future DLCs and expansions.
CDPR should aim to double this number if possible.
Honestly I would prefer some car customization DLC so that I can really modify my own cars as much as makes me happy.
I wouldn't at all mind DLC that also adds more cars too though, as long as I can modify them too, but I hope that we get a car customization DLC first to be honest.

With a little googling I found out that GTA 5 has about 665 unique vehicles, but I think it counts cars, motorcycles, airplanes, helicopters, boats, tanks, bicycles.. About half of these came from DLCs.

But 29 unique base models isn't too bad. I do hope that there would be more motorcycles than just the two that someone mentioned..
I'm just guessing, and I might be wrong, but I'm just going to assume that 29 gets split at least 3 ways in the style of corporate, nomad, and street, so 29x3=87 this is assuming that those three groups will have their own variants of every car, But then we could possibly go farther to say that maybe, assuming again, maybe all 3 of those have more than one variant for some of those cars? so it could be 87, or maybe even higher than 87. This is just a smart guess at best. It's also possible that there are less than 87 to start with, because some groups may possibly be completely not interested in certain cars, period. Meaning that it's possible that some cars may only exist in nomad varieties, and some may only be street, and some may be strictly corporate only builds. For example: could we really see the nomads getting a nomad variant of the rayfield aerondight? I sort of doubt that. I wouldn't be against it though, I just don't feel the style would really work nomad + rayfield aerondight = u wot m8? Maybe it would look a lot more cool than I think?

Yeah we'll be seeing a lot of the same cars driving around if there's only 29. The good news is that the interiors are extremely detailed. Oh yeah, what happened to Cybertruck? :shrug:
Hmmmm I am also concerned about this issue of seeing all the same cars over and over. Cybertruck? You mean CDPR getting elon musks permission to add it into the game, like the actual cyber truck?

Last edited:
Hmmmm I am also concerned about this issue of seeing all the same cars over and over. Cybertruck? You mean CDPR getting elon musks permission to add it into the game, like the actual cyber truck?

The official Cyberpunk twitter account replied to Elon Musk with the following a while ago, leading to some speculation about it being in the game lol.

The official Cyberpunk twitter account replied to Elon Musk with the following a while ago, leading to some speculation about it being in the game lol.

That would be quite funny and cool. The cybertruck does look as if it would fit "okay" into the world of Cyberpunk2077, but I would definitely like to see it get much more changed up and have some more style inside of the game. I like the way it looks in real life, but if it were to go into Cyberpunk2077, I would hope that it would just be made a little bit more "Cyberpunk" but not so much that it doesn't look like the Cybertruck anymore.

I'm just guessing, and I might be wrong, but I'm just going to assume that 29 gets split at least 3 ways in the style of corporate, nomad, and street

I am fairly certain this number should cover also all utility vehicles and cars that the generic populace of the city uses. At least with this wording it should. That cuts down the number that the PLAYER can use, even if we can steal some of this stuff. The point of seeing same models repeatedly, well, it can be bit immersion breaking.

This might come of as nitpicking but I'm not too happy with the car design either, given what we've seen so far.

The cars are your typical 1980s boxy sedans, hatches, and muscle cars with a futuristic detail here and there.
Nomad player basically drives Lancia Delta Integrale.(which I love btw)
But they don't feel like they belong 50 years into the future.

Now, I understand that hiring car designers to envision and design dozens of futuristic vehicles might have been too expensive. (given the fact that the vehicles are not the focus of the game, but rather background elements)

But CDPR could have gone down a different route:
There is an abundance of wild and awesome retrofuturistic concept cars from the 1970s and 1980s that never made production.
They would fit the cyberpunk aesthetic like a glove while also looking new and original to your average player, given the fact that 99,9% of your audience never saw them.

I posted some of them here:

I am fairly certain this number should cover also all utility vehicles and cars that the generic populace of the city uses. At least with this wording it should. That cuts down the number that the PLAYER can use, even if we can steal some of this stuff. The point of seeing same models repeatedly, well, it can be bit immersion breaking.

Well, I dunno. I've been compiling an intricate list of vehicles - no far fetched ones, all obviously driveable by the player - and I count 45 so far. This includes quite a few variations of the base models, a few just different themes based on the gang that drives them, but a lot of the variations are very different from the base models. For an RPG, that's plenty, and more than I expected really.

This might come of as nitpicking but I'm not too happy with the car design either, given what we've seen so far.

The cars are your typical 1980s boxy sedans, hatches, and muscle cars with a futuristic detail here and there.
But they don't feel like they belong 50 years into the future.

They're definitely going more for the '80s/'90s, Total Recall/Blade Runner feel, with the grimy little kei-cars and such, more than the super futuristic approach - although they do have a bit of that with the sleek looking AVs.

I do not agree that the vehicles lack detail, and that it seems like they skimped on the design of them, at all. Even the cheap, uninteresting ones are somehow interesting, with finicky little design elements and details. I especially dig the asymmetric thing they've got going, with wonky headlights and such. Love it.

We still need to know how many vehicles we can store in the Watson Megabuilding that V resides in.

Multiple apartments and being able to customise that specific megabuilding apartment is not possible anymore so we might be limited to a certain amount of vehicles we can store.

Perhaps they'll give us different garages to store extra vehicles like the Caches in Witcher 3 in the different states (Velen, Novigrad, Kaer Trolde, etc..).

Also you cannot really hijack vehicles without the correct attributes (Body/Techie).

Top Bottom