Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new interview with Miles Tost and Pawel Sakso.
source

Was the Johnny Silverhand Gameplay sequence a braindance?
I can't currently comment on this and the players will have to find out!

What was the song that was played in the Weapon Overview Section of Night City Wire Episode 2?
Can't say yet, but it is used in a very special sequence in the game that the players wont forget for a very long time.

Community Members are discussing the state of how well all combat looks compared to previous versions shown, especially Melee combat.
Pawel chimes in saying that they hope we like it because they've been working extremely hard at getting it just right including tuning and weight.

Do the side quests offer the same amount of choices as the main story or do they differentiate?
It all depends, ya know? we always start from the plot. so if it makes sense for the plot it means its there. if it doesn't make sense for the plot it means there might be less choices depending on what it is. it all depends on what all was introduced to the story because we want to make sure it makes sense and feels good. Our Core principles is always, we want to give the player as many choices as possible but at the same time stay reasonable because we need to stay within our given budget(as that's a given).

Another thing is we're always trying to give options that feel natural to player in example "i should be able to do this" in most cases you will be able to. there will be scenarios where you won't be given choices you'd prefer to make in order from a design standpoint in order to not destroy too much of that particular story, or sway too much from the vision of choices given for that particular quest. But Generally there are plenty of options for side quests. We've put a lot of attention and detail in them. Obviously the Main Quest has a far larger budget than side quests and smaller content. So because of that you'll probably have slightly less options depending on the quest. It's not really a rule. The rule is a derivative of the plot itself and I think that makes most sense for us.

What is your favorite life path so far?
Oh damn, to be honest, I like all of them because I mean if we didn't like it we wouldn't add it in. So I can't really say, It's really hard for me to pick. They're all really unique in their own way. If there was something we felt was off or didn't like, it would be altered or changed.

On Motorcycles, if you go full speed, do you rag doll once you hit a wall?
I mean, Honestly, I have yet to try that *chuckles*

How confident are you guys in the November Release Date?
If I were to answer this question,*chuckles* I would set the discord on fire (Pawel trolling Community members, calm down guys) - Lilayah Chimes in - Please don't *chuckles* We're very confident in the November release date.

Whats your favorite district to explore?
I think it has to be Japantown, because its the most dense and has the most interesting architecture but it really depends on what you're looking for. They all have their own treats in store to surprise players.

How long will this game be?
I've had this question every interview. It's very hard to tell. I really don't know. It really depends on the choices you make and what type of gameplay style you decide to go with. There are far too many complicated factors to give a solid number.

There was a recent news article on your comment about how the you dont have to finish the main quest to finish the game.. Is it possible for you to expand upon that? Is it how people are assuming? How its like how you play out your side quests and you get an early ending? is it a lot simpler than what people are assuming?
I would love to clarify on that, I really would.. but I'm afraid it'd make headlines anyway. Yeah, now adays its difficult without the internet running wild on it. It is correct what from I stated in that interview, but it depends on the definition you're using for what is the side quest and what is the main quest. That's the whole problem. The jist of what I said is.. When you decide to do side content, It opens up new paths that allow you to finish the game in more ways that were previously closed for you and that's really the jist of it. I tried to explain it the best I could to the Journalist, who mostly understood what I meant but some wording wasn't completely precise and was google translated in different ways. Some people understood it correctly and some people obviously started to really stretching it all over the place. At that point when I try to clarify, it creates even more confusion so sometimes I don't prefer to comment on it further. So I rather not make a mess and cause further confusion. It's difficult at times to explain some things in simple terms due to the complexity of our systems.

When it comes to character relationships. Will you be able to see them outside of quests? In other words can you interact with them outside of quests or do you have to proceed to talk to them during quests?
It's a romance question, If I say something, it'll be a headline. I'm sorry, You'll have to play the game to find out.

It was mentioned months back that you guys were planning to announce the expansions prior to the game releasing. Is that still on the table?
I haven't heard any change of plans from that changing. So as far as I know that is still happening. Although, we're still working on the main game. So it's really a matter of company strategy. If anything changes we'll make sure we announce it.

I noticed that vehicles do drive abit smooth on rough terrains, like out in the badlands. Are we looking at camera shake effects depending on terrain?
It's not a rough question, no doubt. But it's still a work in progress. The thing is we're still experimenting with a lot of stuff. Also trying out a lot of different things for what would feel best and make most sense. So we are trying to triangulate the best model for the players that enjoy our games and find a good balance but this isn't a racing sim.

Who is Takemura?
I have no idea.

Will the replay value be like the Witcher 2 for example to where you had to play the game twice in order to get the full experience or can you see everything in one swing?
I think its going to be way more. I think you need to play the Game a few times. You're really going to have to track your choices to fully experience everything the game has to offer. Like in one playthrough.. you'll definitely get the "Core" of the game. but to see everything.. I think its impossible unless you decide to play through it a few times. I think you'd have to be pretty disciplined to always pick options that you didn't before, like different builds, different life paths, different choices.. let alone character customization, I don't even know how you'd track that.

So probably like Four or Five times?
Its hard to say... Yeah... Possibly? Maybe if you stick to whatever you're picking. Hard to say, Honestly. Like I don't see how its humanly possible to track every little thing you do in this game and keep up with it.

How many branching options- all in all are there? Nerm Chimes in - "That's... an insane question" Theoretically I know there is a mathematical answer to that.
Yes, there is an answer to that question.. but I can't tell you, although I know exactly how much it is. YOU DO?! *Community bursts into laughter*

In the world book it mentions around Watson, Relating around City Centre, Corpo Plaza and such. There are road blocks.. Now are those actual road blocks that you can cross or are they actual gameplay road blocks in a sense that you can't cross into that area until you're done with, lets say, the prologue?
It all depends on the case. Your description was abit broad. There are scenarios where some parts won't be accessible due to story elements. But It will always be explained to the player why that is. Outside of that there are always scenarios where players will run across road blocks where it will telegraph to the player that it will be easier to get around them by foot rather than bike or vehicle. It's just a suggestion to the player, although you'll probably be able to do it in any way you please. It's just a telegraph to the player that you have different choices you can make in those particular situations. I don't think you are very often forced off in certain locations. We're very careful when it comes to those things. Of course in specific story moments they can occur but you can easily compare this to what we did in Witcher 3.

In Night City Wire Episode 2, During the Guns and Modifications Section, There was a scene where V is fixing his pistol. He's in 3rd person perspective. Is that just a thing you guys did for the episode or is that an example of 3rd person cutscene?
Its actually in the game. Yeah its called "The First Equip" Basically like a cool animation you get for a new item you've obtained. It was just cut like that for the trailer but Yes, its in the actual game.

How many options do we have when it comes to obtaining clothes in the game? Do we buy them from shops or can we find them on the ground?
Both, You can find them as a lootable items and You can also buy them as well. Your typical RPG options are covered.

What about Jewelry, such as necklaces and rings?
We haven't disclosed that information yet. No comment.

This interview answers a few questions and thoughts I had in my mind.

The release date can change until the game goes gold.
That being said, or they actually manage to polish it enough (and my worries go to optimization on consoles), or they'll release it "when it's not ready".

The release date can change until the game goes gold.
That being said, or they actually manage to polish it enough (and my worries go to optimization on consoles), or they'll release it "when it's not ready".

That`s why i said fingers crossed , this year has been such a shit year we ( I ) need this game .

A new German interview with Miles Tost, mostly about what they are doing in the last months before release.

- all the features are implemented and in the last months of development they are working on things like UI improvements (like an inclusion of Sell All Junk button), performance improvements for all platforms, bug fixing and balancing

- when they were doing hands-ons, they already knew what else is left to do in terms of improvements, so the feedback they received from the media matched their expectations

- driving physics was one of the things that went through the big changes based on the feedback, currently they are trying to make a proper mix of realistic and arcady physics. Miles assures that different vehicles will actually handle differently

- he disagreed with the criticism that the city is too empty in comparison to 2018 footage. He believes that the locations that they have shown back then, like the one when V comes out of the megabuilding for the first time, have more people then before and they still didn't show City Centre, which is the most crowded districts of them all. He also notes that the amount of people on the street greatly depends on the time of day and other factors, since it was important for them to create the proper "feel" for the district via not just an architecture, but also through it's demographic, so more dangerous parts of the town will have less people wandering after dark, night life areas will be more lively at night, while industrial areas have more NPC's during the daytime, since this is when the workers are going to do their jobs. According to him, even the journalists who played the prologue of the game basically saw nothing of what it has to offer

Perhaps they show us some actual console footage so we can gauge how NPC density would look like.

Instead they keep showing us High End PC footage with the occasional Xbox controller hooked up to it.

Woops, there's more:

Huge THANK YOU to each of you, Choombas! And let's celebrate that awesome milestone with a special world premiere: full version of Hole In The Sun – the first track from our official soundtrack which we have teased in the last episode of Night City Wire and noticed that you reaaaally liked! Created by Raney Shockne feat. COS and CONWAY AKA in-game band Point Break Candy.

Summary of the recent CDP financial conference:

- couple more episodes of Night City Wire is planned across two and the half of months before the game release, the next one is coming out this month

- they will continue to work from homes until at least the end of the year

- Google Stadia version of the game will come out after all the other platforms, but they can't tell when exactly

- despite the pandemic, for the hands on session of Cyberpunk 2077 they managed to bring over 100 journalists and youtubers from 15 countries, as well as give 60 interviews

- profits from the sales in the first half of the year where nearly 70% higher then in the same period last year, thanks to the great sales of The Witcher 3 Nintendo Switch port, Gwent releasing on the mobile platforms and Thronebreaker port on Nintendo Switch, as well as increased sales of games on GOG and sales of Cyberpunk and The Witcher physical editions components (including the Red Store merchandise) by CD Projekt. Majority of the profits were generated by the sales of their own games (237 million PLN from the sales of their games, 127 million PLN from everything else)

- full blown Cyberpunk 2077 marketing campaign will begin in October, with the commercials on TV, radio, cinema and the press, but it's most intense period will start in November, which will include external commercials, like billboards, etc. They want to make it at least three times as big as marketing campaign for The Witcher 3 and it's going to be the most expensive one they ever had

- the idea for The Witcher: Monster Slayer mobile game came from Spokko (the studio developing the game) and CDP liked it so much that they decided to invest in it. Currently the game is going through the soft launch phase in New Zealand, which is a first stage of it's public tests, but they will reveal the actual release date this year. They are planning to further expand Spokko team, but currently the studio doesn't work on any other projects then this one

- probably everyone heard about it already, but for formality sake, The Witcher 3 will receive a next gen consoles edition for Xbox Series X, PS5 and PC with several technical and visual improvements, including ray tracing, faster loading times and HDR. Everyone who already bought the game on PC and current gen consoles will be able to download this update for free. While Cyberpunk 2077 next gen version is developed internally, Witcher 3 next gen version will be developed by other studio, who previously worked on Witcher 3 updates for Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, as well as Nintendo Switch port, so they know the game's engine quite well

- they already begun the preparations for the final certification of Cyberpunk 2077, although they will continue to work on it until the very end, which is normal for a game this big

- regarding the Cyberpunk multiplayer monetization, they want to avoid aggresive microtransactions and make sure that whatever they will offer to the players for money will have an actual value for them. It's too early for them to talk about Monster Slayer monetization, but they also want to avoid making it agressive, so there won't be any paywalls or an excessive "milking" of the game

- works on Cyberpunk optimalization are going very well and they promise that the game will work as it supposed to at release

- again they stated that in terms of expansions for Cyberpunk 2077 we can expect more then in case of The Witcher 3. Soon they are going to reveal more details about their plans regarding free DLC's and paid expansions for the game

- they have no plans to increase the price of Cyberpunk 2077 next gen edition

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom