Skyrim

+
Just started to get back into Skyrim after a year hiatus. I’ll tell you it is /that/ refreshing to have a high end computer that can handle the high end ENBs and big textures, for those like me who just mod the game forever and ever. Kid you not constantly I had to grow the patience to wait five minutes for the game to load and then run the game at what seemed like 3 frames per minute, even with no ENB on because of the amount of crap I had on my old computer. >>

*going to dig in to multiple hours of downloading fashion mods and see if I can dig up my old files for my character faces. Wheeee*

Last edited:
Just started to get back into Skyrim after a year hiatus. I’ll tell you it is /that/ refreshing to have a high end computer that can handle the high end ENBs and big textures, for those like me who just mod the game forever and ever. Kid you not constantly I had to grow the patience to wait five minutes for the game to load and then run the game at what seemed like 3 frames per minute, even with no ENB on because of the amount of crap I had on my old computer. >>

*going to dig in to multiple hours of downloading fashion mods and see if I can dig up my old files for my character faces. Wheeee*

Same here its awesome with a new PC,1080p with maxed out and enb and shit,what ENB are you using by the way?

Same here its awesome with a new PC,1080p with maxed out and enb and shit,what ENB are you using by the way?
Currently am using the K ENB but I think I’m going to switch it to Saraan Suum or something on the Skyrim Flickr community. I’m really picky on the interior lighting because usually most either end up too dark or this weird soupy color depending. I’m someone who screenshots a lot and does real close zoom up of my characters faces, so it needs to look good in most lighting. xD

Also going to post this here as well as well as some more on the music thread, but this music works so very well while walking through Skyrim. A shame the old mod was taken down ages ago. ><

Last edited:
Currently am using the K ENB but I think I’m going to switch it to Saraan Suum or something on the Skyrim Flickr community. I’m really picky on the interior lighting because usually most either end up too dark or this weird soupy color depending. I’m someone who screenshots a lot and does real close zoom up of my characters faces, so it needs to look good in most lighting. xD

Also going to post this here as well as well as some more on the music thread, but this music works so very well while walking through Skyrim. A shame the old mod was taken down ages ago. ><

[/QUOTE
K enb? this enb is pretty heavy what system with what fps ?

I don't normally do thread necromancy, but I do think it's a shame this Skyrim thread is so buried even though many, many people still play and love the game. Especially with the Special Edition. This is so old that I've never even seen it not-buried.

So, let's revive the thread. Who's (still) playing Skyrim in 2020? I know I am. :D

Its crazy just how much modding has kept this game alive and how much fun it made it, especially with the robust mod tools. Too bad CDPR doesn't support modding as much as they did for the witcher 2. A new redkit would have been a godsend.

Its crazy just how much modding has kept this game alive and how much fun it made it, especially with the robust mod tools. Too bad CDPR doesn't support modding as much as they did for the witcher 2. A new redkit would have been a godsend.

Probably because CDPR doesn't expect modders to fix the craps they didn't had time to fix.

I would hate to find out how many hundreds of hours I've spent modding Skyrim. :ROFLMAO:
I remember when I was transitioning from Xbox 360 to PC... I had a list of mods I'd decided to install prepared beforehand.

My Xbox copy of the game is constantly freezing, even on a fresh save and despite the game being installed on the HDD (I do still have the disc as well). But even it has well over 1000 hours clocked despite being as vanilla as can be, so it's served me well and earned retirement. :D

What's crazy is I have tons of mods installed and my game never crashes. It's extremely stable if you do everything properly with a mod organizer, and use tools to sort mod load orders based on their respective dependencies. I recommend playing on PC though, I doubt that consoles can handle the amount of mods I have installed.

Legacy of the Dragonborn is probably my favorite mod. Well, actually, the physics-based mods are my favorite, but I think that one is the best in terms of adding in-game content.

Who's (still) playing Skyrim in 2020? I know I am.

Skyrim and Fallout 4 are the two games I currently play. Modding them was also my gateway experience into actual programming/coding. Load orders, object modifications, overrides, overwrites, etc.

For the last 3 years, they just keep getting better.

I'm wondering, I have a copy of the original game + DLCs (except the one that lets you build your house and have kids). Is that obsolete? If I were to pick it up again could current mods be used or do I need to "upgrade" to Skyrim SE? (Nice try Bethesda but I'm not going to shell out $$ for a game I already own).

I'm wondering, I have a copy of the original game + DLCs (except the one that lets you build your house and have kids). Is that obsolete? If I were to pick it up again could current mods be used or do I need to "upgrade" to Skyrim SE? (Nice try Bethesda but I'm not going to shell out $$ for a game I already own).

I'm on SSE, which has more mods that are still being currently supported, but there are still tons of mods available for the Skyrim Legendary Edition. Literally around 10,000. When SSE came out, modders would release two versions of their mods, one for SSE and the other ported to the other version. However, after a while modders started dropping support for Legendary Edition because more and more players started switching to SSE. So you might not get the most current versions of a lot of mods, but there are still definitely a lot of people who play only Legendary Edition and mods are still being made for it. Here's one place to get those mods:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim

If you have the original game plus all DLC, then you have Skyrim Legendary Edition. I think not having one of the DLCs might break almost every mod, unfortunately. You can still try, but you would have to read every mod description to ensure that the specific DLC you don't have isn't required. I agree that Besthesda is being greedy by basically releasing the same game twice.

I am on SSE because 64-bit is more stable and can handle a lot more mods in one game without CTDs. I am modding it with a few hundred mods now. I finished Oblivion and Morrowind already.

Nexus counts 64.4 k mods for the Legendary, and 28.1 k for Special Edition. And not all mods are available on Nexus. So there are more mods for the Legendary Edition, even though it can handle less of them.

So, yes. I will be playing the Elder Scrolls not only in 2020 but also in the following years. Modding is a lot of fun. It gives so much freedom and functionality. You can adjust or change every aspect of your game that you can imagine. Do what you what. It is possible. Real sandbox for me.

I think not having one of the DLCs might break almost every mod, unfortunately. You can still try, but you would have to read every mod description to ensure that the specific DLC you don't have isn't required.
Yeah, but at least Hearthfire is the least "important" DLC; Dawnguard and Dragonborn are required a lot more.

Oldrim has a lot mods that will never be ported (especially ones whose authors have quit the modding scene), but it also has a still very much active modding community.

I don't know if I'd have bought SE myself, but as I had Oldrim and all the DLC it was automatically dropped in my Steam library. Which was really nice, of course. So much more stable, and naturally looks way better (even if its performance optimization is garbage compared to let's say Witcher 3).
Plus rain occlusion. I never have modded that into Oldrim because I don't care enough, but it's a neat built-in feature in SE regardless.

Yeah, but at least Hearthfire is the least "important" DLC; Dawnguard and Dragonborn are required a lot more.

Oldrim has a lot mods that will never be ported (especially ones whose authors have quit the modding scene), but it also has a still very much active modding community.

I don't know if I'd have bought SE myself, but as I had Oldrim and all the DLC it was automatically dropped in my Steam library. Which was really nice, of course. So much more stable, and naturally looks way better (even if its performance optimization is garbage compared to let's say Witcher 3).
Plus rain occlusion. I never have modded that into Oldrim because I don't care enough, but it's a neat built-in feature in SE regardless.

Dragonborn is required the least because it is not part of Skyrim. It is like Bruma type of mod etc. that will cause a lot of compatibility issues. It is basically a separate world, outside Skyrim.

I will never come back to oldrim because 64-bit gives a lot more stability and more mods support. Oldrim would CTD if you installed too many mods. It can't handle RAM.

Last edited:
It has a lot of assets that various mods use, which makes it a common requirement. More so than Hearthfire that has very little content.

Oh, which mods? I installed a few hundred mods, and I can't really find any dependency. Hearthfire is required for one or two types of mods related to that kind of gameplay. Some homes, farms, family or followers mods, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom