GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
It isn't clear but Deathwish effects resolve automatically for consistency sake because it's possible for an opponent to kill Miruna (on the opponent's turn) and thus you cannot respond or manually target a unit.
This makes sense, but they should change the tooltip. Thank you.

What is the most popular "favorite card" according to Gwent user profiles ?
(excluding Tactical Advantage)

I'm curious about this as well! I feel like I change mine a lot....
Post automatically merged:

I don't see devs responding to any of these but I have to ask... :shrug:

Do you plan to meaningfully and efficiently nerf Skellige? :giveup:

What do you mean?

Hi Burza, Got some questions. I have played a lot of video games in my life and seen so many exploits. What does an exploit mean in video gaming? It means taking the full advantage of a game's fault to benefit yourself. Remember a couple season's ago assimilate was completely broken? As long as I remember it was triggering 2 times when you played a card. Some people were taking the advantage of it to rank up on ladder. That was an exploit and cdpr had to fix it in two hours. Now you normally get xp for playing matches here, which is the most normal and usual thing according to the way this game was built. Forfeiting is a game feature not an exploit and it's up to the person if he wants to continue a match. He is not forced to complete the match. If he was forced to continue then gwent wouldn't be a game. And I think cdpr is well aware of that and that's why they added the forfeit button. So please tell me how could someone get banned for using a game feature. Also if you call it an exploit then you are also admitting the fact that gwent is a faulty and buggy game. So why not just fix it in an interesting way like you did to witcher 3 when people were cow farming to get orens. You can make it like people can forfeit not more than 10 times a day. Collecting cards takes thousands hours of game play here. And people that are doing it probably don't know that you call it an exploit when it's a pure game feature. Straight banning them isn't right especially when they have spent thousands of hours and using game features. So please focus on fixing what seems wrong instead of blaming and banning people.
Temporary bans could be an option, too. Cdpr could instantly ban people from matchmaking for 5 minutes after they forfeited 3 times in a row, and the amount of time could be increased by 15 minutes whenever it happens again. this could quickly lead to a ban of almost 2-hours. Another option could be a feature that requires the opponent to confirm the forfeit: Player A wants to forfeit, player B lets him forfeit. After a match, both players could be put on different server regions for at least 30 minutes in order to prevent win trading. Mobile players could get banned when they close the app. (I can tell that on iOS Gwent is performing very well - the app never crashes unintentionally)

EDIT: Thanks for moving this post. (Sorry I always forget to check...)

Last edited:
This isn't an "Ask the Devs" post. This is a "Tell the Devs" post.

This game needs an actual deckbuilder website.

The primary purpose of a deckbuilder is to allow the user to build deck lists to share and discuss with others, so that the user can decide what cards they need to acquire moving forward and spend their resources wisely. The official Gwent deckbuilder website does not meet this need -- precisely because there is no internet applet to build a deck. The only way to build a list is to import it from the game, and you can't build a list in game without owning all of the cards already. So, if I want to have a discussion with others about a prospective list that I think might be fun, or that I'd like to upgrade into, or just to theorycraft shenanigans... then unless I already own all the cards in the question, my only option is NotePad.

That's bad. That's really not great at all. NotePad should not be the best option for deckbuilding. It's not the year 2000 any more.

The official deckbuilder website is great for netdecking, just wholesale copying other players' decks, and it's great for showing off a deck you've already tried and tested, but as far as actual deckbuilding goes it does not provide the necessary functionality. Gwent needs an actual deckbuilder website; all the others died when the official one came out, but the official one does not actually offer this function, so now there's just nothing.

The solution (should be) fairly easy, assuming there's no technical hangups -- allow the user in game to build decks that contain cards they don't own, and lock these and prevent them from being playable just like an invalid deck would be locked. This would actually solve another complaint I saw while searching the internet for a possible solution -- that being people wanting to import decks off the website and then make minor alterations to them, not buying that One Card they don't have and substituting something else instead. But, with this change, the Gwent app itself could function as a deckbuilder, and then people could share those lists via the website and could have discussions and make informed decisions about how to spend their scraps and/or ore.

Hi Burza, Got some questions. I have played a lot of video games in my life and seen so many exploits. What does an exploit mean in video gaming? It means taking the full advantage of a game's fault to benefit yourself. Remember a couple season's ago assimilate was completely broken? As long as I remember it was triggering 2 times when you played a card. Some people were taking the advantage of it to rank up on ladder. That was an exploit and cdpr had to fix it in two hours. Now you normally get xp for playing matches here, which is the most normal and usual thing according to the way this game was built. Forfeiting is a game feature not an exploit and it's up to the person if he wants to continue a match. He is not forced to complete the match. If he was forced to continue then gwent wouldn't be a game. And I think cdpr is well aware of that and that's why they added the forfeit button. So please tell me how could someone get banned for using a game feature. Also if you call it an exploit then you are also admitting the fact that gwent is a faulty and buggy game. So why not just fix it in an interesting way like you did to witcher 3 when people were cow farming to get orens. You can make it like people can forfeit not more than 10 times a day. Collecting cards takes thousands hours of game play here. And people that are doing it probably don't know that you call it an exploit when it's a pure game feature. Straight banning them isn't right especially when they have spent thousands of hours and using game features. So please focus on fixing what seems wrong instead of blaming and banning people.

Anyone saying "i didn't know forfeiting 1000 games in a row was wrong because it is a feature " IMO is not a defence.

Just because a feature is in the game does not mean that you can use it however you want. if you use the feature to exploit other features of the game you should be banned.

Another example of this people got banned from mtg because they use a "feature" that was in game to change the color of their pet

the people who were doing it were clicking on it over 100 times a second and then proceeded to whine on the forums that "it was a feature and or they paid for it" which is ridiculous .

People need to be held accountable to use common sense and use "features " in a reasonable manner ( reasonable being determined by the devs not the player " )

IB4 "well then the devs need to be more specific on the rules "

No they don't in fact I would go as far as to say it's BETTER if they keep it ambiguous if they quantify something there are
" people with intent of exploitation" who will try to get as close to that number as possible on purpose simply because they don't like how much "time" it takes to get from point a to point be naturally.

here is a previous quote as well.

IB4 " look at forums people have gotten banned for forfeiting "

technically correct.

However without a point of reference to know how many people have a large forfeit count and NOT gotten banned you can't really say anyone is in danger.

The ban rate could be 1 out of 1000 people with a large forfeit count get banned . Also maybe a lot of those don't even throw a temper tantrum about it on some type of social media.

In that case the average person has nothing to worry about .

It's all about what the stats show and if it shows a case of exploitation through a pattern of intent or ulterior motive .

You can't hide your motives from the devs stats on your internal player record account.

Hello, I recently tried the game and I'm a bit confused. The game looks completely different than beta test one, like totally another butchered game. I've always remembered it as complex and sophisticated strategy card game. Is there old version somewhere to play?

Hello, I recently tried the game and I'm a bit confused. The game looks completely different than beta test one, like totally another butchered game. I've always remembered it as complex and sophisticated strategy card game. Is there old version somewhere to play?

Coming out of beta, the game was completely revamped. This is the only official version and you cannot play the earlier version(s).

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked before and answered)

The last time anyone from CDPR answered in this thread was in May (probably shortly after Ryan Godric was hired), so i would recommend not to waste your time making questions here.

Hi Dev-Team,

First of all thank you for all the hard work. Looking back at the whole Gwent Journey and all the enhancements over time you can truly call yourselfs first class developers.

My Question:
The new Apple Silicon Macs should natively support all iOS Apps on the new Mac OS Big Sur. But the first reviewers pointed out that not all apps are available or functioning correctly. It would be great if I could play Gwent on a new Mac but i couldnt find any information online that iOS Gwent works on these new Apple Silicon M1 chips. It would be great if you could provide information if it is possible to do so.

Thanks and stay healthy

Hi Dev-Team,

First of all thank you for all the hard work. Looking back at the whole Gwent Journey and all the enhancements over time you can truly call yourselfs first class developers.

My Question:
The new Apple Silicon Macs should natively support all iOS Apps on the new Mac OS Big Sur. But the first reviewers pointed out that not all apps are available or functioning correctly. It would be great if I could play Gwent on a new Mac but i couldnt find any information online that iOS Gwent works on these new Apple Silicon M1 chips. It would be great if you could provide information if it is possible to do so.

Thanks and stay healthy

Top Bottom