Cyberpunk 2077 — Hole In The Sun by Point Break Candy (Raney Shockne feat. COS and CONWAY)

+
Sounds like something I wouldn't usually listen to on the in-game radio. But I feel like it perfectly fits a Cyberpunk scenario and that helps with world-building.

I’m sorry to say, but aside from the in-house ambients that have been playing behind the gameplay videos here and there (like in the 2018 demo during the dialog sequence with the Maelstrom), which are excellent, CDPR’s choices for music don’t seem to be exactly.... a homerun.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused. Is this licensed music from a real band or was it done specifically for the game?

I actually like this one... way better than whatever Samurai (Refused) has put out so far, IMO.

I'm a bit confused. Is this licensed music from a real band or was it done specifically for the game?
I may be wrong here, but there were a few claims all over the place that the soundtrack (in its entirety) is being made specifically for the game. Now, recording all the songs from scratch for the game can mean at least two things:
  • CDPR has insane amount of money for all the licencing or even sponsoring the artists. That is a lot of expenses!
  • CDPR goes for not-so-famous artists which drives the costs down, or even strikes a deal for exposure in order to get themselves extremely cheap (or even free!) artists and their never before heard material. Honestly, if I was a musician looking for something to stick to, having Cyberpunk 2077 would be a great opportunity given the gravity and attention of the game.
Might be just me, but nothing from Cyberpunk trailers or gameplay videos sound familiar to me. I can't seem to recognize any artists I know, never heard anyone speculating over that as well, so we might actually get totally new and special tracks by aspiring dudes and dudesses.

I listen to rock music and pretty much nothing else. Still, I find this one waaaaaaaaaaaay more appealing than Samurai. At least this one has some appropriate rhythm and energy.

BTW, NCW3 is next week or do we really need to wait for tokyo game show on the 24th? It's also at japanese time, which makes it uncomfortable for all the western world... :/

I listen to rock music and pretty much nothing else. Still, I find this one waaaaaaaaaaaay more appealing than Samurai. At least this one has some appropriate rhythm and energy.

BTW, NCW3 is next week or do we really need to wait for tokyo game show on the 24th? It's also at japanese time, which makes it uncomfortable for all the western world... :/
Yeah it's catchy and original. It's also well done. The Samurai stuff just doesn't stand out by comparison.

aside from the in-house ambients that have been playing behind the gameplay videos here and there (like in the 2018 demo during the dialog sequence with the Maelstrom), which are excellent,

CDPR’s choices for music don’t seem to be exactly.... a homerun.

:p (personally I like their choices!)

not-quite-my-tempo.png

It’s catchy but not particularly of my liking :shrug: That being said, tracks like this one, the reggaeton ones heard in the chinese gameplay demo, and the metal one from the 25-minutes-long demo are painting a veeery interesting picture regarding radio music.

The amount of music in the in-game radiowaves might not end up being as extensive as in, say, GTA V or Forza Horizon 4, but it seems quite varied and rich enough worldbuildingwise (...is that even a word? :LOL:)

I’m sorry to say, but aside from the in-house ambients that have been playing behind the gameplay videos here and there (like in the 2018 demo during the dialog sequence with the Maelstrom), which are excellent, CDPR’s choices for music don’t seem to be exactly.... a homerun.

Wait, you didn't like something about the game? I'm shocked! :p

But yeah, the tracks on the Maelstrom warehouse are awesome :ok:

Like with Samurai, it's music made exclusively for the game with a real-life band performing as an in-game band o_O

I agree about the energy but I still prefer Samurai :cool:

BTW, NCW3 is next week or do we really need to wait for tokyo game show on the 24th?

My guess is a few days before TGS.

Last edited:
Its good, better than the samurai songs, lightyears better than the hiphop, but still not the kind of music I'm yearning for. :(
Need to mod the music seems increasingly likely.

Top Bottom