The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

+
no thanks, Ghost Of Tsushima, Days Gone, Red Dead Redemption 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Batman Arkham Knight and others on my base PS4 look better than Witcher 3 on PC Max settings, no reason it shouldn't be max settings on PS4 already
From these 5 games you mentioned, 3 of them are made by 1st party studio, which doesn't have to make sure it will run on every possible configuration, also 3 of them are on PC. PS4 soon is gonna be 7 years old and even at launch it was using dated hardware, you can't really expect it to run games at highest details. You forget that on PC people play with AT LEAST 60fps, your stuff that looks better often struggles to run at 30fps, sometimes being rendered at 900p resolution too.

OMG, I was just looking for an excuse to get an RTX card. Love you guys! nVidia should be sending you some money! :D

no thanks, Ghost Of Tsushima, Days Gone, Red Dead Redemption 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Batman Arkham Knight and others on my base PS4 look better than Witcher 3 on PC Max settings, no reason it shouldn't be max settings on PS4 already

First im a HUGE playstation fan, but i also enjoy playing all games and there are many, many games across all system architectures that are well worth playing, and Well see, you seem to think that just because a game exists with good graphics that all games can simply just be that amazing looking. Its Naive to say all those games did it so Witcher 3 should have done it from the start! Meanwhile you're showing off the lack of understanding you possess in creating games. The Witcher 3 is a massive open world RPG with very, very small amounts of loading all over. To be able to create a game that size and match the visuals of pc on ultra and max settings simply wouldn't be possible because the systems couldn't handle the size of the game and the amount of textures and stuff it would take to do that.. you have to compromise as a developer and in order to share the vision they had on their game, on every platform they need to make the visuals downgraded.. but for a game as big as it was.. the visuals were absolutely stunning and still are widely unmatched in any open world game.. they have done things 5 years ago, that developrs still haven't been able to replicate and for you to act as if it was no big deal is crazy.. maybe brush up on some game development understanding before you keep making ridiculous claims, while each of those games were amazing.. none of them came close to the depth of interaction and how much the world seemed alive as the witcher 3 did.. ghost of Sushima is a beautiful game, but it is shallow on unique NPCs. It has limited missions and no branching narrative. The only game you listed that is even remotely on witcher 3s level is read dead Redemption and i still think that the story and branching narratives and different quests are still unmatched

From these 5 games you mentioned, 3 of them are made by 1st party studio, which doesn't have to make sure it will run on every possible configuration, also 3 of them are on PC. PS4 soon is gonna be 7 years old and even at launch it was using dated hardware, you can't really expect it to run games at highest details. You forget that on PC people play with AT LEAST 60fps, your stuff that looks better often struggles to run at 30fps, sometimes being rendered at 900p resolution too.
1. all the games i named are 1080p native 30fps, just like witcher 3 is on ps4, and they came out from 2015 all the way to 2020, witcher 3 came out in 2015
2. i didn't ask for 60fps
3. i asked for the pc max graphics, which those look worse than the games i named on ps4 already, so there's no reason it should look worse than the max if the max already looks worse than other games
next time learn english and read what i actually said before responding with a response that has nothing to do with what i said

And this is why we love you :D

I do hope it is a nice easy transition/process, for the mixture of Steam/GOG/Humble/PS4/Physical and everything else, even if ti has to be a "free DLC" we have to install after, looking forward to seeing this for my second play through!

First im a HUGE playstation fan, but i also enjoy playing all games and there are many, many games across all system architectures that are well worth playing, and Well see, you seem to think that just because a game exists with good graphics that all games can simply just be that amazing looking. Its Naive to say all those games did it so Witcher 3 should have done it from the start! Meanwhile you're showing off the lack of understanding you possess in creating games. The Witcher 3 is a massive open world RPG with very, very small amounts of loading all over. To be able to create a game that size and match the visuals of pc on ultra and max settings simply wouldn't be possible because the systems couldn't handle the size of the game and the amount of textures and stuff it would take to do that.. you have to compromise as a developer and in order to share the vision they had on their game, on every platform they need to make the visuals downgraded.. but for a game as big as it was.. the visuals were absolutely stunning and still are widely unmatched in any open world game.. they have done things 5 years ago, that developrs still haven't been able to replicate and for you to act as if it was no big deal is crazy.. maybe brush up on some game development understanding before you keep making ridiculous claims, while each of those games were amazing.. none of them came close to the depth of interaction and how much the world seemed alive as the witcher 3 did.. ghost of Sushima is a beautiful game, but it is shallow on unique NPCs. It has limited missions and no branching narrative. The only game you listed that is even remotely on witcher 3s level is read dead Redemption and i still think that the story and branching narratives and different quests are still unmatched
you have no idea what you're talking about, i already told you there are games on my ps4 right now that looks better on my ps4 than Witcher 3 does at Max settings on PC, so there's no reason it should not be max settings on PS4 also which would still be worse looking than several other huge open world games on PS4 like Red Dead Redemption 2

Will I be able to play non-next generation edition on Steam? I don't want any more of those Definitive Editions and whatnot that don't have significant difference but drops the FPS by 20-30, LOL, SMH. If it'll be another forced update then I'll ask for a refund and I'll have no business with CD PROJEKT RED from then on.
This will be a seperate title, like borderlands GOTY and borderlands GOTY enhanced.

"The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC" Pretty much confirms it will be a seperate game within your library

Next generation edition of The Witcher 3 is a good background to expand the story on the same engine

Wow, you are Einstein, you know that? LMAO. For example, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition has hardcoded graphical settings which users can't change so you have no choice but play the game with hardcoded settings unless you are a great hacker. Comparing to Sleeping Dogs non-Definitive Edition, Definitive Edition runs with 20 FPS less on my PC for no significant difference no matter what settings I could changed, SMH. So what'll I do if the next-generation edition update is the same as Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition, hmm, my dear Einstein?

I don't care about the game enough to backup it. It been like 2 days since I bought the game from Steam and I only played it for a few minutes so I better refund the game if the next edition upgrade is against my preference, LOL.

Some subjective opinions are 100% BS reflections of the reality that retards tries to perceive but fails miserably by ironically having a false notion of they have a great mind. So, where I'm looking at it you are the one crying about me who just asked a question as a customer, LOL.

Wow, you are already writing the game off. Simply because you think they might update the game and it might break based off a situation of another game, made by a completely different company and how it worked on your computer?

One thing almost no one can ever say about CD Projekt Red is that they release terribly optimized games, they are one of the few developers who go out of their way to help make the best games possible for their customers.. and you're bashing the game for absolutely no reason without having even tried to invest time into it.. and its one of the best games ever created.. you also probably picked up for under 15$.. and you're whining about getting your money back. There is literally no reason for any of the things you are doing right now.. i can almost garauntee the fear you're having wont come to pass.. but you're making it seem more and more like you just want to make CD Projekt Red look bad for no reason whatsoever

This will be a seperate title, like borderlands GOTY and borderlands GOTY enhanced.

"The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC" Pretty much confirms it will be a seperate game within your library

HMM, not necessarily so. They may mean "we won't sell the next generation edition bundled with old version" and/or "we won't gift next generation edition to those who buy old version after the next generation edition releases". Besides, just focus on this part; "as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC" which clearly means "old version will be updated with the next generation edition" but we can't absolutely determine if it'll be forced update or there will be a separate Steam library titles for both versions.

Hi CPR Thank you a lot for this :3

I have a minor question, will the Pc version include DLSS 2.0? it would be nice to have that feature too.

Thank you 💚

Will I be able to play non-next generation edition on Steam? I don't want any more of those Definitive Editions and whatnot that don't have significant difference but drops the FPS by 20-30, LOL, SMH. If it'll be another forced update then I'll ask for a refund and I'll have no business with CD PROJEKT RED from then on.
man calm down is free, and apart from that the previous version is not going to be removed, wtf man calm down, they could have ask you an extra 60 dollars for this like activision but they don't

Last edited:
[Edited for tone - SigilFey]

they could have ask you an extra 60 dollars for this like activision but they don't

I wish they did so I wouldn't be bothered with finding out an answer for if I can play the old version after the next generation update, LOL. Well, I'll stop playing the game until I have an official answer on this which is sucks. If I won't learn the truth about this today then I'll ask for a refund and I'll have no business with CD PROJECT RED from then on. I won't support any company that is against my business sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
HMM, not necessarily so. They may mean "we won't sell the next generation edition bundled with old version" and/or "we won't gift next generation edition to those who buy old version after the next generation edition releases". Besides, just focus on this part; "as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC" which clearly means "old version will be updated with the next generation edition" but we can't absolutely determine if it'll be forced update or there will be a separate Steam library titles for both versions.
If it is simply a title update, CDPR will make it optional.

They know how to handle PC games and releases, just look at their track record. They're the most pro consumer AAA developer/publisher.

A few more posts deleted or edited.

Let's remember that we're here for constructive, respectful conversation only. We're not here to judge the intelligence or arguing ability of others. The tone and attitude in many of the posts above are completely unacceptable conduct.

Please, ensure you're remaining polite to all others at all times -- especially if happen to strongly disagree.

We’re working on the next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!
Intriguing -- and unexpected. Commendations, CDPR, with my respects!
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
If it's to be an update to the existing game, I can't help but wonder how this may affect mods on PC. . .

Top Bottom