Training mode improvement ideas

+
I know it's not prioritary for CDPR, but it would be nice to make some improvements for those of us who use the training mode. Training mode is useful to try new decks, learn how a mechanics works or just play without a timer. Ideas for improvement:

- Option to choose which leader we want to play against: for instance when you want to try the new leaders in training mode you automatically queue into lockdown, which is useless.

- Add new mechanics like new leaders, poison, scenarios and defender being played by IA.

- Option to test current seasonal mode: the 1st time you play a seasonal mode is really confusing, would be nice to test it in training mode.

- Remove bugs: there are so many, for instance IA pinging his own units or an error if you clog IA rows.

- Add difficulty levels

----------
If you have more suggestions just tell.

Good suggestion. I use training mode too.

Sometimes I test my deck in unranked mode but most of the time, I face a guy using unrank to do his quest and not a using proper deck.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've only tried training mode a few months ago, when they implemented leaders for all factions (excluding SY? not sure) in this mode.

I agree with the suggestions you should be able to choose which faction/leader you're facing, however its also understandable that you can't - to prepare the player, since on all other modes you also cant choose which factions you will be facing.
And difficulty modes would be great too, at least two of them, since most of those AIs currently are just pushovers.

Voted :)
Post automatically merged:

Good suggestion. I use training mode too.

Sometimes I test my deck in unranked mode but most of the time, I face a guy using unrank to do his quest and not a using proper deck.

Yes...I know, or they just leave 1st round if something does not go as planned. Yesterday I faced 3 times a guy that left after playing one card 1st round, passing, one card last round, passing. Just for the resources, but it was annoying to queue him 3 times.

I agree with the suggestions you should be able to choose which faction/leader you're facing, however its also understandable that you can't - to prepare the player, since on all other modes you also cant choose which factions you will be facing.

Indeed, it is good to prepare new players, I see your point and I agree. I would say it is random, they could add two modes in Training, "Random mode" or "choose settings". Anyway to be honest would be happy if they made any improvement no matter how small it is.

Last edited:
It would be great to have an offline mode.
Being able to "train" against a strong computer whenever you have no internet would be extremely awesome!

I think this is very much a question of development priority. I, too, would really love a viable mode to play against a solid AI — perhaps even off-line.

But from my limited experience with programming, developing even rudimentary AI is far harder than programming card functionality. Would it be worth giving up 50 nw cards for? And I’m not even sure that would be an equivalent effort.

Top Bottom