Leader Ability play rates and win rates in Season of the Draconid

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Hello!
Season of the Draconid is long gone! - here are the Leader Ability play rates and win rates! Like last time we have the data sorted by rank (see image below).
r/gwent - Leader Ability play rates and win rates in Season of the Draconid
You can also download the data in .xlsx format here.

Why exactly was NG nerfed more than SK warriors, Overwhelming Hunger and NR?

Dude... wake up... :coolstory:
MOs have been nerfed af, it's the previous season's stats, you know that.
That includes non nerfed Caranthir, Auberon, and Ethereal.

It was still nerfed way too much for the stats. Compare that to NR...

It was still nerfed way too much for the stats. Compare that to NR...

Indeed...

I wouldn't expect NR being nerfed hard with CDPR releasing new content involving the NRs (theme wise).
It's just a suspicion of mine.

Last edited:
Indeed...

I wouldn't expect NR being nerfed hard with CDPR releasing new content involving the NRs (theme wise).
It's just a suspicion of mine.
Which makes perfect sense unfortunately.... really wouldn't surprise me.

ya1

Forum regular

Most MO changes were not nerfs but content removals. Like Ethereal wasn't really nerfed, it was effectively removed from the game, nobody's gonna play it like that now. But the leading - apparently - MO deck the OH MO wasn't nerfed except the Auberon double nerf (which apparently was not as stupid as people thought with these OH results).

NG Single/Double Ball decks were nerfed way more than Overwhelming Hunger. And that is despite Formation hardly breaking even in pro, and this time with shitty play rate as well (so the pley-rate-gimps-win-rate theory doesn't apply). My question is why one of the weakest decks gets so many nerfs?

Most MO changes were not nerfs but content removals. Like Ethereal wasn't really nerfed, it was effectively removed from the game, nobody's gonna play it like that now. But the leading - apparently - MO deck the OH MO wasn't nerfed except the Auberon double nerf (which apparently was not as stupid as people thought with these OH results).

NG Single/Double Ball decks were nerfed way more than Overwhelming Hunger. And that is despite Formation hardly breaking even in pro, and this time with shitty play rate as well (so the pley-rate-gimps-win-rate theory doesn't apply). My question is why one of the weakest decks gets so many nerfs?

- Even though i don't disagree with what you said bout the "content removal" let me remind you that Ethereal + Auberon - OH + Scenario was a thing last season, one of the strongest combos imo and way more powerful in terms of control than decks that ran with DS or FoN for that matter. So since we don't know how many of those OH decks actualy ran Ethereal aswell we can't be sure about anything.

- As for the Auberon nerf, no it wasn't fair, now...if they give you the ability to spawn a specific unit, that would justify the prov cost. Now it's piss easy to eliminate him and it costs even more than the other cards of his type.

- I can't say much on the NG nerf matter tbh, i only play assimilate so the nerfs didn't really affect me.
One thing i will say, the Vincent nerf is not a serious matter unless you end up with two cards on R3 imo.
The lower provision cost is a nice boost and the 2 points it lost from power won't really affect the way that card is being played, plenty of ways to give status to your opponents so... yeh. For a Faction card it's pretty powerful, monsters have what..? Imlerith's Wrath..? a laughable comparison to say the least .

Last edited:

When was the patch? Wasn't it just over a week ago? How are you attributing OH performance with an entire season that still had ethereal? OH also ran ethereal. after the first nerf it made it more consistent.

MO was nerfed... deaths shadow....Kiki, Crones, Auberon, Caranthir...all were negatively affected. I think you have your seasons mixed up. NG the weakest?. ..I've heard that joke so many times but it gets even funnier :coolstory:

When was the patch? Wasn't it just over a week ago? How are you attributing OH performance with an entire season that still had ethereal? OH also ran ethereal. after the first nerf it made it more consistent.

MO was nerfed... deaths shadow....Kiki, Crones, Auberon, Caranthir...all were negatively affected. I think you have your seasons mixed up. NG the weakest?. ..I've heard that joke so many times but it gets even funnier :coolstory:

I hate to break this to you, but Jason Slama, Gwent Game Director, already mentioned in Twitter that NG needs love.

Well, that just hits the nail on the coffin for your attempts to nerf NG...oh well... ;)

I hate to break this to you, but Jason Slama, Gwent Game Director, already mentioned in Twitter that NG needs love.

Well, that just hits the nail on the coffin for your attempts to nerf NG...oh well... ;)
My attempts? I don't work with CDPR...my opinion has about as much chance of affecting their decisions as yours does mate :shrug: hate to break it to you but the devs don't care what anyone here thinks.

I've already said here that they will continue to buff NG because they need a broken faction to keep the community talking. Why do you think every expansion there's a broken faction? It's toxic and not good for the community long term but I gather they're only concerned with quick revenue at the moment hence the focus on micro transactions.

Let's hope they really do that... I feel kind of trolled looking at the recent nerfs and NG's win rates...

Top Bottom