Save the date: Night City Wire - Episode 3!

+

Guest 4406876

"gets ready to shop for a nice 3080 specifically for Cyberpunk since he still has a crappy 980 (that served him well so far anyways)"

I disagree
I prefer the Bozos with their classic and unique appearance.
All the gangs/enemies shown so far are human with some implants and guns.
I hope to see exotic/crazy enemies in Night City too, like CP2020.
View attachment 11059466
View attachment 11059475
View attachment 11059472

The look of “killer clown” is laughable, now. IT wasn’t terrifying. It was dumb. So is the art of the bozos. Bombs with fuses, really?

they can still do everything in the description, just lose the stupid ass full clown look.

The look of “killer clown” is laughable, now. IT wasn’t terrifying. It was dumb. So is the art of the bozos. Bombs with fuses, really?

they can still do everything in the description, just lose the stupid ass full clown look.
Glad to see a message subtly celebrating change and evolution. It may just me being a little more active in gaming world these days, but lately, I've been hearing people trying to stay in the past with every single game that's being released; the reboots suffer the most here, as in, DOOM (2016) and DOOM: Eternal, as far as I can tell, were received hugely well, but the amount and vector of the complaints were almost universally revolving around the idea of sticking to the past practices and style.

I just don't get the premise of it. Especially when a new product is not being advertised as mere HD remake or something. Cyberpunk 2077 even, ahem, suggest, that will be set 57 years after Cyberpunk 2020, so what's up with all the talk about how gangs used to be again?

Regarding gangs and their role in the game, I really wish to see some quests given by the gangs. Street Kid background already featured some Valentino's affiliation, but thanks to S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I've come to expect to befriend some gangs or vise versa. If there is one, hope there's some unique and worthwhile loot or perks associated with putting all the time and effort into working with some of the gangs in the game, too!

The look of “killer clown” is laughable, now.

Hah, tell that to all the people who still think they're creepy. My brother hates them and so do my daughter and wife :)

Anyway, I think the context and environment in which you meet them would be important. There's a difference between fighting them in a well lit warehouse as opposed to having them stalk you in an abandoned, derelict housing block on a moonless night after you've been drugged and dumped there without your weapons. What? It could happen! ;)

Personally, I think what CyberBrett said makes sense. Some kind of middle-ground. A bit more clown-like than the pic but updated - darker and more modernised. I mean, the Joker (like Phoenix's or Ledger's) manages to look menacing when needs be. I guess we don't necessarily need the red rubber noses and big shoes though, heh.

Last edited:
We've seen absolutely zero info about poser gangs in CP2077. All the gangs shown are typical criminal organizations or have evolved from poser gangs to typical ones (Valentinos for example). We will see on Friday this week (hopefully) if poser gangs are even present in CP2077.

Glad to see a message subtly celebrating change and evolution. It may just me being a little more active in gaming world these days, but lately, I've been hearing people trying to stay in the past with every single game that's being released; the reboots suffer the most here, as in, DOOM (2016) and DOOM: Eternal, as far as I can tell, were received hugely well, but the amount and vector of the complaints were almost universally revolving around the idea of sticking to the past practices and style.

I just don't get the premise of it. Especially when a new product is not being advertised as mere HD remake or something. Cyberpunk 2077 even, ahem, suggest, that will be set 57 years after Cyberpunk 2020, so what's up with all the talk about how gangs used to be again?

Regarding gangs and their role in the game, I really wish to see some quests given by the gangs. Street Kid background already featured some Valentino's affiliation, but thanks to S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I've come to expect to befriend some gangs or vise versa. If there is one, hope there's some unique and worthwhile loot or perks associated with putting all the time and effort into working with some of the gangs in the game, too!

I don`t think anyone has said it`s a deal breaker , all the threads here are about hope and dreams for CP2077 .It`s all good for CDPR to update anything they want and in the end i will support them . I haven`t complained about apartments / traffic / cars or what ever . The most criticism i have offered is my hopes for the game . I have pre ordered and have no intention canceling .

Anyway, I think the context and environment in which you meet them would be important. There's a difference between fighting them in a well lit warehouse as opposed to having them stalk you in an abandoned, derelict housing block on a moonless night after you've been drugged and dumped there without your weapons. What? It could happen!

Precisely this. If there's someone that seems to be stalking you, you're probably in danger. If there's someone wearing a full clown suit that seems to be stalking you, he's deranged and most definitely dangerous and unpredictable.

No one in their right minds would do that. Hence the horror of it.

If those are indeed the Bozos, I feel they need something more, to set them apart from what would be the norm. Give them that duality. Not just thematic cyberware.

We have a small change in the lineup – we won't be talking about Cyberpunk 2077 music just yet. We will, however, have some cool news that many of you request. Or should we say... require? ;)

Nothing else changes – see you on Friday at 6 PM CEST at our Twitch channel!
lol. Just in time for the 3080 tomorrow. Well played. :smart:

We have a small change in the lineup – we won't be talking about Cyberpunk 2077 music just yet. We will, however, have some cool news that many of you request. Or should we say... require? ;)

This is going to be most anxious NCW episode to wait for so far, and pretty unexpectedly!

my GTX970 is sweating bullets, AMD better release those cards before the game so i can make a proper decision

my GTX970 is sweating bullets, AMD better release those cards before the game so i can make a proper decision
I bet it is. The next few months will see lots of new cards and even next year we'll probably see "updated" versions. Nice avatar ;)
PS. I'm a little bummed about no original soundtrack this time

Last edited:
Intel i5-3470 @3.20 GHz here, I feel you. The thing is, I can't even afford an upgrade, and if I could, I'd have to get a new motherboard entirely, which makes me ten times as nervous to see the requirements.

I'm actually gonna be off work for this one and with the character customization options being shown it couldn't be better timing. Every episode so far I've been stuck at work so itll be refreshing to catch it live. Fingers crossed for no default V protagonists builds during the character creator portion of it.

I'm actually gonna be off work for this one and with the character customization options being shown it couldn't be better timing. Every episode so far I've been stuck at work so itll be refreshing to catch it live. Fingers crossed for no default V protagonists builds during the character creator portion of it.
I was lucky to be able to catch previous episodes right after my work, but this one won't be that lucky. I'm planning on missing it completely and watching the VOD from start to finish, preserving the emotions to their fullest!

character customization options being shown
Where did you hear that? I thought this wire were night city, gangs and this "required" info. If you are referring to the last one I am afraid it is more likely referring to system requirements.

Top Bottom