Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll have to see how it pans out, but Alanah's voice is actually one I don't mind listening to generally so far as youtubers go. Should be fine for a bit part. I doubt she has 500 lines of dialogue or anything big like that. Something small is fine.

Very excited to see what there is of the city and badlands tomorrow.

Liking the new one better than the 2018 version by a fair margin here.

We'll have to see how it pans out, but Alanah's voice is actually one I don't mind listening to generally so far as youtubers go. Should be fine for a bit part. I doubt she has 500 lines of dialogue or anything big like that. Something small is fine.
Personally, I don't follow any of the YouTubers that have been mentioned thus far and have no idea who they are, but what I find interesting is it really only affects people playing with the English VO's. All other languages (Polish, French, German, etc.) will be dubbed by professional voice actors in their corresponding language, right?

In any case, I would imagine that all of them will most likely end up with just a very small role, limited to a single side quest with nothing more than a few lines anyway, so hopefully, it won't be too impactful, and won't take away from the overall experience.

"I noticed in the Night City Wire video that you’ve got Haitian gangs, you’ve got Mexican gangs. I was wondering, what measures have you taken to ensure you’re being sensitive when depicting gangs from different cultural backgrounds?"

I hope they never feel like they have to tiptoe around stuff because of this nonsense.

In the interview, The dev said that some of the members of the 6th Street gang are patriots of the New United States. This reminds of a forum member here that said a long time ago about a theory that the 6th street gang are strong supporters the federal government. He also said they would most likely would work with Hanako who is also a strong supporter of the NUSA government. I don't who the user is but I'm kinda shock that he speculated and predicted that months ago.

This NCW was the best yet, with all parts being equally interesting.

I continue worrying about two things only:
1. The music
2. That the game is going to be too short.

We heard couple more songs, with them being as repulsive to me as before. The nightclub beat in the end was somewhat thematical, but its more of background kind of music that you tune out.

It was mentioned that CDPR wanted to shorten the main story from witcher 3. And then there is the fact that the game apparently ONLY takes 70 GB of HD space which is mindboggling to me. I can't help but keep thinking about both of these elements, as I worry that the game is shorter and intended for multiple playthroughs... Its not something I am looking forward to, as this is THE game I want to delve deep in.
In Bloodlines 1 the repeated playthroughs just quickly start feeling like a speedrun..

Last edited:

1. The music

We heard couple more songs, with them being as repulsive to me as before. The nightclub beat in the end was somewhat thematical, but its more of background kind of music that you tune out.

It was mentioned that CDPR wanted to shorten the main story from witcher 3. And then there is the fact that the game apparently ONLY takes 70 GB of HD space which is mindboggling to me. I can't help but keep thinking about both of these elements, as I worry that the game is shorter and intended for multiple playthroughs... Its not something I am looking forward to.
I think itll easily be 50+ hours most likely. They said they wanted it a little shorter but with more variability.

The review builds was just part of the prologue and was 4 hours.

Last edited:
This was, by far, the best episode of Night City Wire for me. The views of the city are insanely good. The city looks absolutely massive from the perspective below. The maxTAC cops, and NCPD with heavy machinery give me hope for GTA-like crime system in the open world. I'm a sucker for open world games, and I think even just that aspect of this game will keep me busy for months. I was actually glad that music wasn't part of this episode, because musical taste is so subjective anyway that I don't expect it to please everyone.

1600526856758.png

1. The music

It was mentioned that CDPR wanted to shorten the main story from witcher 3. And then there is the fact that the game apparently ONLY takes 70 GB of HD space which is mindboggling to me. I can't help but keep thinking about both of these elements, as I worry that the game is shorter and intended for multiple playthroughs... Its not something I am looking forward to, as this is THE game I want to delve deep in.
In Bloodlines 1 the repeated playthroughs just quickly start feeling like a speedrun..
I wouldn't look too much into that 70GB... and I wouldn't be drawing any far reaching conclusions from it either. Remember that W3 was only ~30GB on release... making CP more than double the size from the get go. W3:GOTY sits around 42GB. Based on that and nothing else, I could easily make an argument that game is going to be way too large and too long with too much content.

There are two candidates for the Mayor's office in Night City.

peral.jpg

holt.jpg

It seems that the 6th Street Gang supports Peralez because he is the pro guns guy and they hate Holt because he probably wants to ban guns.

So, they made a shooting range with his picture on every target. :LOL:

holt range.jpg

The pandering to people with an audience I could do without, though. Remember when they face-scanned fans for The Witcher 2? Good times.
Mind you, it's not like they took some random youtubers to appear in the game and called it a day. As far as I know, every one of them was a fan of the company and their games way before that, at least since The Witcher 2. And it's not like they did it to buy reviews (as some accuse them of doing), since none of the youtubers featured in the game is a reviewer in the first place and Alanah said that they even made sure that she won't be reviewing the game before they recorded her cameo. Of course, it's still an extra publicity for them, but those people would still support the game regardless.

The Witcher 3 had some NPC-s modelled after regular fans as well, so Cyberpunk 2077 might have them too, but we won't know until those fans in question potentially decide to speak about it publically.

On the more generally positive note, that at least confirms that there are indeed quests and NPC's unique just for a particular lifepath.

1. The music

Witcher 3 is around 50g and I played it for around 150 hours not including the expansions so I wouldn't worry. CDPR are just really good at optimizing their games. RDR2 is double the size and is the same length or shorter

Last edited:
Witcher 3 is around 50g and I played it for around 150 hours not including the expansions so I wouldn't worry. CDPR are just really good at optimizing their games. RDR2 is double the size and is the same length or shorter
Size has NOTHING to do with length. Nothing.
Size is a matter of quality of assets, how much the audio is compressed, how many times the same asset is repeated and on and on...

CDPR is not even close to Rockstar for game optimization. I wish tw3 ran as good as rdr2 on consoles, not even considering the huge gap in graphics.

No matter what average time to "finish" it might be, a lot depends on the individual player in how much time they take, or don't take respectively.

It's obvious but should be mentioned again: Depends on if you consequently go for perceived 'main quests' and skip a lot or if you also look around the world, explore, take your time and in addition go for gameplay choices that possibly take longer than say always opting for lethal options. For example, clearing an area or objective with violence could possibly or on average result in faster clearance than sneaking around, observing, trying routes, etc.

TL;DR: It depends on whether people rush (literally and figuratively) or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom