C:\cp77\hardware_requirements.info

+
Please note that the game is both graphics- and processor-intensive, so make sure these components meet or exceed the minimum requirements. Also note that the minimum is created with Low settings and 1080p gaming in mind and Recommended with High and 1080p.

So now pc spec is live can anyone help me i still rocking 750 TI FTW i don't care about the max setting since i lack cash i more of low to med spec i was thinking of getting 1660 ko or maybe AMD 570 or even AMD 5500 any can help me that be nice an no i don't want 2070 card

How did you manage this with RT on a 1060. I have played RT games with my 1080 and yea they can do it, but fps is a no go in most cases, like low to mid 20's. Cdprojektred is this recommended what you truly need to enable all eye candy even RT at max?

How did you manage this with RT on a 1060. I have played RT games with my 1080 and yea they can do it, but fps is a no go in most cases, like low to mid 20's. Cdprojektred is this recommended what you truly need to enable all eye candy even RT at max?
Witcher 3 has Low/Mid/High/Uber settings, and I presume CP will be structured the same way. The recommended specs are for High settings only at 1080p. I don't expect RT to be included within those settings (1060 doesn't even support RT to begin with). So no, the posted recommended specs are definitely not maxing out the game.

The 10 series can do RT as Nvida made it possible through drivers. But they are not very good at it I've played Tomb Raider with RT with my old 1080 nearly maxed at 24 to 28fps just to see. Even turning other things down and leaving RT didn't help much as they are not meant for RT. My new card is a year old being a 2080 super and with that I cant do 4k with most games, it does well however at 2k with RT.

• i5-3470 @ 3.20 GHz
  • GTX 1080 8 GB
  • 8 GM of RAM
  • HDD
Looks like I'm about to test my priorities damn hard!

Pretty surprised anyway, even though we knew the game will be available on current generation of consoles. I honestly thought that I am going to be in a worse position, although I have no longer any hopes towards consistent 60+ FPS on mid-to-high settings. Pretty impressive to see such an eye candy of a game to have these requirements, but man I feel a little outdated with my CPU and RAM now.

Congratulations to everyone making it past minimals, though! Let's go, guys!

The 10 series can do RT as Nvida made it possible through drivers. But they are not very good at it
To be fair, the 20 series isn't great at it either...

Requirements seem fine, kinda expected since this baby has to be able to run on the Xbone. As others have mentioned, would be nice to get a clarification of what Recommended and Minimum requirements mean in terms of target resolution, framerate and settings. Nevermind, I'm blind, it's been clarified, sweet.

Last edited:
Those spec will run the game, but wont give you RTX light like seen in the videos.

To be fair, the 20 series isn't great at it either...

Requirements seem fine, kinda expected since this baby has to be able to run on the Xbone. As others have mentioned, would be nice to get a clarification of what Recommended and Minimum requirements mean in terms of target resolution, framerate and settings. Nevermind, I'm blind, it's been clarified, sweet.
Yea the 20's they don't always do the best but are 2 or 3 times better then 10 series at RT. I just found also where they clarified, lol they more then likely decided not to give specs for maxing this baby out fearing most of us would soil ourselves at seeing it.

Oh well. As I suspected the CPU/Motherboard is the only thing I need to upgrade in order to meet/exceed the minimum requirements (my i5 2500 is just below the GHz needed). I will definitely upgrade to an RTX next year, for the Ray tracing....but my current GFX card meets the recommended specs.

Well done on the optimization guys. Was so afraid it would be a total HOG 😉
Post automatically merged:

• i5-3470 @ 3.20 GHz
  • GTX 1080 8 GB
  • 8 GM of RAM
  • HDD
Looks like I'm about to test my priorities damn hard!

Pretty surprised anyway, even though we knew the game will be available on current generation of consoles. I honestly thought that I am going to be in a worse position, although I have no longer any hopes towards consistent 60+ FPS on mid-to-high settings. Pretty impressive to see such an eye candy of a game to have these requirements, but man I feel a little outdated with my CPU and RAM now.

Congratulations to everyone making it past minimals, though! Let's go, guys!

My CPU is an i5 2500 (quad core @3.3GHz). I am definitely not taking the risk, & will be upgrading my CPU next month.

Last edited:
Also aren't the gtx 1060 and rx 470 almost the same in performance? I'm watching a lot of "rx470 vs gtx 1060" YouTube videos and both are almost identical. In fact, the rx 470 does better in some games than the gtx 1060. Kinda weird that CDPR but the gtx 1060 as a recommended requirement.

Hmm, so just double checked. My PC specs are:

i5 2500 @3.3/3.6 GHz
A GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
16GB RAM
SSD storage.

By the looks of it, my current rig could probably *just* squeak in on the most minimum of settings, but a CPU upgrade is definitely overdue.

An RTX Card is almost certainly on the horizon, for me, in early 2021.

Which resolution does the recommended hardware refer to? And what options? They appear quite low, IMHO
I agree it's lower than I thought. What catches my eye is the SSD recommendation on the minimum spec, I'm curious to know the delta in performance between the 2 since 'theres no loading screens'
CPU requirements are not a surprise, since the game has to run on current gen consoles. I'm surprised however by the recommended GPU. I thought the ideal GPU would have to support dedicated raytracing since CP2077 was recently showcased using this rendering technique.
Really surprised on the specs on Cyberpunk 2077. Everyone was saying that the minimum specs were going to be a GTX 1070 and a i7-8700k or simular, but after seeing the live stream, the speculation is finally put to rest. So, is your system capable of running Cyberpunk or will you need an upgrade?

View attachment 11060048
holy hell, they designed the game to run on a potatoe ! this is excellent news, tho they don't say which resolutions they based themselves upon for these specs
Post automatically merged:

now I realize I did a bit of an overkill when I upgraded my pc...
Ok i can run min spec nice :D
Hmm. I'm quite surprised at these requirements. Even I could play it, if ever I'd the notion.
Surprisingly low system specs. Is this for 1080/60fps gaming?
Those spec will run the game, but wont give you RTX light like seen in the videos.
I am also very surprised and happy that somehow it's this reasonable! This is extremely good news to me! I feel almost no fear now about my ability to play without issues.

I am shocked they don't recommend an RTX card for the ray tracing. They must be working really hard on optimizing. Thanks CDPR
I know right? Yes! Thank you
CDProjekt RED

CDPR must have optimized the game so much that they downloaded 20gb of extra ram into it. I hope they also installed blue LED lights into the software matrix so that it keeps the computer running cool when playing.:sneaky::LOL:
But seriously, the level of optimization is unlike anything I have ever witnessed before. This is on a whole different level!

Surprisingly low system specs. Is this for 1080/60fps gaming?
DirectX 12 was released for Windows 7 but not 8 (Microsoft sometimes is really good at confusing its customers). I'm also convinced that the recommended GPU is for smooth playing at FullHD, likely 30fps. I have one in my current rig and I've played TW3 on it: it can keep a steady framerate with a 30fps cap but not with 60fps one (unless I lower several graphic options).
This is just me guessing, but I think its for 1080p - 30 fps. Would be crazy for those to be 60 fps.
They need to clarify whether those are meant for 30 or 60fps
30fps makes my eyes sore and gives me a headache. I didn't believe other people who said things about that. Then one day I really experienced low FPS... It is like a nightmare slideshow. I will probably try to aim for 60 FPS, even in sacrifice of other types of quality, to some degree.

Why would MS put DX12 on Windows 7? It's an operating system that is no longer supported. I know MS put dx12 on win 7 in 2019, but still.
:rolleyes: Bruh you have no idea, Windows 9 was just o_O (They don't talk about it too much)
just kidding, windows 9 isn't real(I might be mistaken though? still, funny joke)

Overall, I think I will be playing the the settings for a long time, (but not as long as I will be playing with the character customization part of the game! :D) I will probably raise some settings to ULTRA HIGH if I notice it looks good, but I will probably set other settings to ULTRA LOW POTATO COMPUTER levels if they are settings that I don't care too much about. This way, the parts of the game that I really care about will be very good looking, while I will save as much FPS as possible so that I can get around a constant 60 hopefully. I may end up hovering at around 40-50 though, but I really hope I will be able to maintain a constant 60 most of the time.

Top Bottom