Jackie Welles - Night City's Golden Boy ❤

+
If we can prevent Jackie from dying then avoiding the shootout would be the logical choice, given what we have seen. If we avoid the shootout and do things stealthily then Dex shouldn't have reason to get rid of loose ends to prevent Araska retribution. Of course this is purely speculation. Jackie can't stay with us forever but maybe like Vesemir he will return at the end for the finale.
I am still awed by the fact that so much discussion has been generated by only the prologue of the game. We're getting closer choombas.

In a game touted for its choices and consequences, if the most important plot point of the prologue is railroaded you're not really giving a good first impression.

In a game touted for its choices and consequences, if the most important plot point of the prologue is railroaded you're not really giving a good first impression.
Yes.... because CDPR would release most important plot point spoilers in the promo video.

:coolstory::facepalm:

Yes.... because CDPR would release most important plot point spoilers in the promo video.

:coolstory::facepalm:
Given it's both the plot point that officially ends the prologue and introduces Silverhand, yes, it's important. I fail to see the argument otherwise, happening early on doesn't mean it's not important narrative-wise.

Let me type slower, because you seem to have missed the point.

- Where does it say this is the most important plot point of the prologue? Is it important? Sure.. it some ways it might define the character we're playing. Is it THE MOST IMPORTANT as you have put it? Is it all just your assumption or was this defined as fact?
- Where does it say Jackie's death is 100% confirmed? Again.. is it your assumption?
- Where can I find more information on this prologue, and the fact that there is only a single outcome, no matter our choices? Would you like to share your sources or is this yet another assumption on your part?

I mean.. by all means.. if you managed to convince yourself that this MOST IMPORTANT PLOT POINT OF THE PROLOGUE was spoiled by them months before release in some random promo video, than.. you're right.. I can't argue with that logic.

- Where does it say this is the most important plot point of the prologue?
Thanks to journalists playing the game we know what goes down in the entirety of the prologue. This isn't up for debate, we actually know every single main quest that goes down in the prologue culminating in the gig and V getting the Silverhand chip. So unless you mean to tell me a random gang hideout side activity, or getting the TT woman out of the Scav building are more important to CP77's plot than the main character meeting Johnny Silverhand, then yes, I'll say it's the most important plot point in the prologue. You're free to prove me wrong via your own examples
Where does it say Jackie's death is 100% confirmed?
I'm sorry, isn't the point of this thread to actually discuss exactly that? Do you know where you're posting?
Where can I find more information on this prologue
You're free to look up interviews both written and in video form from right after Night City Wire 1. Hell I'm sure they were probably discussed in this very forum
and the fact that there is only a single outcome, no matter our choices?
I'm sorry, did you read my initial post right, are you an ESL or am I going crazy?
Would you like to share your sources or is this yet another assumption on your part?
I'm feeling some passive-aggressiveness on your part. Want to talk it out?
I mean.. by all means.. if you managed to convince yourself that this MOST IMPORTANT PLOT POINT OF THE PROLOGUE was spoiled by them months before release in some random promo video, than.. you're right.. I can't argue with that logic.
I'd recomend you to take your meds

I'm not sure we will be railroaded into it, hopefully we can make better choices. Though it kinda seems like V getting shot and "rebooting" loads/triggers Silverhand's appearance. Of the reviews I've seen I don't remember seeing anyone getting to that point. Most of them got to the flathead and that was about it.

I'm not sure we will be railroaded into it, hopefully we can make better choices. Though it kinda seems like V getting shot and "rebooting" loads/triggers Silverhand's appearance. Of the reviews I've seen I don't remember seeing anyone getting to that point. Most of them got to the flathead and that was about it.
Although some differences between CG and gameplay are to be expected, two substantially different scenes *have* been shown between them in the motel's room in that in the 2019 Cinematic Trailer V overpowers both Oleg and Bug and is only cut short of killing DeShawn while in the The Gig trailer it seems like he's overpowered from the start and Dex easily shoots him with Oleg standing besides him. Likewise, in the 2019 trailer V wakes up in a junkyard, while in The Gig Silverhand activates in the motel itself. Whether or not said differences supposedly stemming from player choices extend to Jackie's fate or not, we'll see.

You should probably re-read your own answers and the posts you were answering to. Maybe slowly, I don't know if it helps.

- Where does it say Jackie's death is 100% confirmed? Again.. is it your assumption?
Nowhere did MrStunt imply it was 100% confirmed. Why are you asking the reason for an assumption that wasn't made?

Where does it say this is the most important plot point of the prologue?
He said its important. He didn't say "most important". You are making it sound like he did.

Seems like you are putting a lot of words in MrStuntAction's mouth. Next time, try quoting.

He said its important. He didn't say "most important". You are making it sound like he did.

Seems like you are putting a lot of words in MrStuntAction's mouth. Next time, try quoting.

I did quote.. obviously, that didn't work, so maybe this will help:
mostimportant.JPG

;)

Whether or not said differences supposedly stemming from player choices extend to Jackie's fate or not, we'll see.
We shall indeed. Both looks we've had shows Dex betraying us and Jackie absent so maybe that's the way it is. Maybe we should side with Evelyn Parker...

Did anyone else notice Jackie trying to move closer/maybe put the moves on V in the latest NCW? :ROFLMAO: and V pushed him away! That made me so happy, I think Jackie's definitely a romance option for both female and male V.

Did anyone else notice Jackie trying to move closer/maybe put the moves on V in the latest NCW? :ROFLMAO: and V pushed him away! That made me so happy, I think Jackie's definitely a romance option for both female and male V.
Pretty sure that's a dance move, not an actual "push" away. I've seen it in places before, Jackie is responding to the move with an exaggerated move away, which is how I've seen the move done before.

Pretty sure that's a dance move, not an actual "push" away. I've seen it in places before, Jackie is responding to the move with an exaggerated move away, which is how I've seen the move done before.
That's really interesting. I didn't know that. I had some suspicion but I didn't know how or where to place it. It was not enough for me to even try to bring it up. To know that it's a real dance move is actually so interesting. I've seen the chest-puff-out (like an angry chicken) and then shake shake move, but I never saw the push away move.

Edit: I keep watching it over and over again, and even in slow motion. I believe you're right about it being a real dance move, as it's totally possible (but I wouldn't try it on anyone or want it tried on me unless it was talked about and planned beforehand lol) but for some reason Jackie doesn't look like he's acting in this scene. it really looks more like he's getting shoved very lightly, but since he doesn't expect it coming, he reacts like "OOF". I see the exaggeration of the movement taking place, but he doesn't appear to be acting, and rather looks to be genuinely surprised.

Omg! You're right, I didn't even notice that lol. That's sooo cute :coolstory:
I wish I could find a video but I dont know the actual name of the move. I've seen it on TV and other forms of media countless times. It's almost less of a "push" and more like the person in V's position is pushing "energy" to Jackie and then Jackie sorta leans back from it. Pretty common move.

I wish I could find a video but I dont know the actual name of the move. I've seen it on TV and other forms of media countless times. It's almost less of a "push" and more like the person in V's position is pushing "energy" to Jackie and then Jackie sorta leans back from it. Pretty common move.
True! It's like that "reel in fish" dance move when you're trying to get someone to dance with you lol. I kinda thought it was just the animation, because the lip sync isn't perfect (which doesn't bother me) I thought that the push away animation was just off, but now I see it's totally a dance move! I've seen it before now that you've mentioned it, but I can't find it on YT lol
Post automatically merged:

Lol just wait until Jackie pushes back! :ROFLMAO:
Lol :ROFLMAO: imagine Jackie doing that to someone on the dance floor and smashing them into the bar.

True! It's like that "reel in fish" dance move when you're trying to get someone to dance with you lol. I kinda thought it was just the animation, because the lip sync isn't perfect (which doesn't bother me) I thought that the push away animation was just off, but now I see it's totally a dance move! I've seen it before now that you've mentioned it, but I can't find it on YT lol
Post automatically merged:

Lol :ROFLMAO: imagine Jackie doing that to someone on the dance floor and smashing them into the bar.
Jackie's and V gonna push it. PUSH IT REAL GOOD!

Top Bottom