Chinese localization team teases CP2077's massive undertaking of the games dialog

+
According to Hayley Williams at GameSpot, Cyberpunk 2077 will supposedly have 15-20% more lines than the Witcher 3, which also includes all DLC's for the Witcher 3. Daniel Ahmad, a video game analyst, stated that the Chinese localization alone has "more than 150 voice actors, 100,000 lines, 4 recording studios, and 10,000 person hours [of recording dialog]". Sadly, Cyberpunk 2077 won't get an official release due to China's Government, but will be available on steam, according to Williams.

Lets just hope it won't get outright banned :think:

This is just a rough idea on what to expect on the other language versions of CP2077.

I wonder if any players in Asia will draw parallel's between Night City, the cyberpunk dystopia and their own cities. And what they'll think of all the possible hieroglyphs, too!

Guest 4406876

Certain cities of China are Cyberpunk, especially at night.

VelWu

Forum regular
I wonder if any players in Asia will draw parallel's between Night City, the cyberpunk dystopia and their own cities.

Inject the Japantown in Westbrook with some Little China from Watson on the side you get Taipei. And Kabuki is pretty much Tokyo's "residential" area.

On a side note, I'm surprised that CP2077 gets to release in China at all. There's so much in there that its government would not want its people to know. Because according to CCP media, China is the last utopia on Earth, and everywhere else is post-capitalist hell. Think of the irony!

Inject the Japantown in Westbrook with some Little China from Watson on the side you get Taipei. And Kabuki is pretty much Tokyo's "residential" area.

On a side note, I'm surprised that CP2077 gets to release in China at all. There's so much in there that its government would not want its people to know. Because according to CCP media, China is the last utopia on Earth, and everywhere else is post-capitalist hell. Think of the irony!

Steam and GOG are sort of a gray area in China, which allows game developers to post their game in China. While not totally immune, it does allow Chinese gamers to play CP2077.

Top Bottom