Will Xbox Version Support Mods?

+
I would definitely like to use mods for this game, will there be mod support for this game on console, specifically xbox.

Since no versions of the game have offical mod support. No.
not entirely true they wont have mods at launch but they said before they will add in support later. wanting people to enjoy game as they entended first. so likely April or so there will be mods Definitely Xbox maybe and Playstation possibly given fallout 4 and Skyrim consoles both have mods.

I would definitely like to use mods for this game, will there be mod support for this game on console, specifically xbox.
they have said there will probably be but not right away

not entirely true they wont have mods at launch but they said before they will add in support later.

They...never said that.

They said they like the idea of mods, was about it.

There was no "going to add later" or anything like a promise or plan.

"We're concentrating on developing the game right now." was about it.

They...never said that.

They said they like the idea of mods, was about it.

There was no "going to add later" or anything like a promise or plan.

"We're concentrating on developing the game right now." was about it.
actually they have in several interviews infact they just havnt set a date for it as have not set the priority. Several of the youtube content creators have covered it including the ones that have gotten shout outs for most accurate and complete information. thier exact words where We are open to it but not sure when it will happen

actually they have in several interviews infact they just havnt set a date for it as have not set the priority. Several of the youtube content creators have covered it including the ones that have gotten shout outs for most accurate and complete information. thier exact words where We are open to it but not sure when it will happen

Can you link a source for that? I think what Sardukhar said is accurate. I don't think they confirmed mod support.

Can you link a source for that? I think what Sardukhar said is accurate. I don't think they confirmed mod support.
his quote is taken from same interview but he is taking it out of context in effort to support what he wants.

They said in front of that Wed like to have mod support but first We're concentrating on developing the game right now. was the complete statement.

CDPR has never promised mod support for 2077. They are not planning mod support. They have never, to my knowledge, contradicted this stand. If you can find a clear quote, great. I'll even amend the Current Answers.

You won't, though.

CDPR thinks mods are great - but they have only offered lukewarm support for them in Witcher 3. They don't block them, but they don't release a full-featured modkit or devote dev time to modding tools or modding support. And they've never said otherwise about 2077.

When they said they were planning mod support during Witcher 3 development, then changed that later, they got roasted.

So, there is pretty much no, zip, zero chance they've ever promised, or even hinted at a promise of mod support for 2077.

This is still the current stance:

>\Will modding be supported?"

Feb 25/19 Lilayah: "At this point modding support is not our priority".

Mod support is a very nice feature.
And requires a LOT of time/effort on the part of the developers because to do it "right" the entire game has to be developed with mod support in mind.
YES, some highly skilled people can go into almost any game and tweak a few things and create at least basic mods. But most players don't have the skills necessary for this sort of thing.

Expecting Skyrim style mod support from CP2077 is a pipe dream at best.

where there's a will, there's a way.

on pc of course, because that's the platform used by the vast majority of modders
Post automatically merged:

Mod support is a very nice feature.
And requires a LOT of time/effort on the part of the developers because to do it "right" the entire game has to be developed with mod support in mind.
YES, some highly skilled people can go into almost any game and tweak a few things and create at least basic mods. But most players don't have the skills necessary for this sort of thing.

Expecting Skyrim style mod support from CP2077 is a pipe dream at best.

skyrim modding is not that invasive compared to modding for games like mount and blade which offer the ability to create total conversions fairly easily.

a total conversion for cyberpunk will probably never happen, but skyrim level modding should be fairly easy even without tools. most people need to realize the kinds of mods they mostly want to do can be done without official support or tools anyway.

it's when you want to do totoal conversaions that the workload required necessistates dedicated and streamlined tools

Last edited:
Top Bottom