Unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The simple answer is yes but there might be a reaction from Gangs / Cops . One Youtuber said the Devs don`t want to wreck your game by being chased every time you do something but if you punch / shoot NPC`s you will get a reaction eventually .
I wonder if different districts mean different reaction threshold. Something like Pacifica is probably used to violence and chaos, whilst North Oaks or City Centre or Arasaka Waterfront seem to be more secure and strict.

And I definitely hope that the side jobs and "merc needed" and other missions we saw on the map in the most recent gameplay videos let us help the local policing force!

Question 1 - About the number and density of NPCs/citizens/people in each district, how will the proportion be? Will it be done according to each district?

Ex: Downtown is more populous and places of industry less populous.
Post automatically merged:

The second question is related to the number of population/NPCs/citizens by DAY and NIGHT.

It is common that in most places during the Day it is more crowded with people and at Night there is almost no one in the streets, however we know that some specific places at Night are as crowded as during the day for example: las vegas, streets with bars and clubs, times square, etc.

Question 2 - So my question is: will there be places in the city (in specific places of course) that will have many people at night as well as during the day or maybe even more at night ??

Last edited:
It's been said that each district (and sub districts) have their own flavor and rhythm. So while we haven't heard for sure ... that seems to indicate that yes crowd density is likely to be different in different places. It's also been said that NPCs will have different routines at day and night.

And I definitely hope that the side jobs and "merc needed" and other missions we saw on the map in the most recent gameplay videos let us help the local policing force!
In various interviews it has been said, that the game will have bounty hunts that are similar to witcher 3 monster hunts, and I believe its been said that at least some of these the bounty is issued by the NCPD.

View attachment 10970264

Some of you look shiny-new, so we figured you’d have questions … everybody does. To help out as best we can we've created an unofficial FAQ! Want a little introduction? Check out the announcement trailer from 2013:

- What is Cyberpunk 2077?
Cyberpunk 2077 is a single player story driven role-playing game being crafted by CD Projekt Red for mature audiences. It is a first person, open world RPG with skills, stats, branching dialogue and player-altered quests. It’s based on the pen and paper role playing game Cyberpunk 2020 by R.Talsorian Games Inc.(1)(5)

- Who is CD Projekt Red?
They're the developers behind the acclaimed Witcher series. In our opinion, they make the best RPGs in gaming. They're also the overlords of this particular Forum (so we may be biased). If you see anyone with a red highlight around their posts here, you've found one of them!

- Do I need to know Cyberpunk 2020 lore?
No! Cyberpunk 2077 is its own thing - although if you are familiar with 2020, you'll find lots of old friends here. The game does share a timeline that stems from its source material. (22)

- What platforms is Cyberpunk 2077 coming out on?
PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. (1)

- Let's talk perspective! First Person only?
Yes, First Person Perspective. Not a decision made easily, but at CDPR, story matters most. For CP2077, first person works best for the story they are going to tell us. V will be your character and hopefully, you will become V. (2) If you're just dying to be able to see more of yourself as V, CDPR has been confirmed that there will be an inventory view, mirrors and that the game will have some form of photo-mode. (10)

- Is there going to be VR support?
Currently there are no plans for VR support. (19)

- Any idea whose involved with the game yet?
Keanu Reeves, Cherami Leigh & Gavin Drea are all confirmed to be voicing characters in the game.

- What is the story going to be about?
All we've seen in the promotional materials is that "You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality." (20)
Stanislaw Swiecicki told GamesMaster Magazine "We’re putting all our narrative firepower into allowing gamers to experience their story, one in which their decisions will shape who their character really is ... It goes without question, though, that the dystopian future we’re putting you in is a dark and violent place. Being in control of who you are and having it stay that way is what matters most. You’re never trying to save the world, it’s always about saving yourself.” (21)

- So V ... pre-made character or player-created?
There will be a full character creation system, including customizable body, face, hair and gender. Also, V's back story will be customizable through a Life-Path system. There are no fixed classes. Instead, have the freedom to evolve V as you want her to be, whether it be a Netrunner (hacker), Techie (engineer) or Solo (mercenary) or a mix of them all. (3) (8) (9)

- How will character progression work?
As V, you will have attributes which can be improved by leveling up or installing cyberware. These stats include Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflexes, Tech, and Cool. (2) There is no level scaling though according to Kyle Rowley. There will also be skills (which are improved by successfully performing actions) and perks (which can be upgraded using both XP and street cred).(12) You will get Street Cred by completing side missions and jobs in the city. Street Cred is your repuation and will unlock quest givers and vendors as you increase it. (3)

So what difference do these things like stats, skills, class, cyberware and lifepath make?
They all can effect the options available to the play in the minute to minute of gameplay. The "street kid" life path choice can open up an alternate dialogue option in the right moment. (24) Having more strength or cool can make it easier to influence some foes. (25) Having a real time translator makes it so V can understand people speaking foreign languages with subtitles in her optical view. (24) A higher engineering skill might give V more access to dialogue options which allow her to talk shop with a techie. (25)

- How big is the game going to be?
We have no idea how big the city itself is yet ... but we know for sure that it will be different from anything CDPR has done in the past. Night City is much more vertical place. (6) There are six main districts in Night City, and each has it's own unique feel. (3)
  • City Center: Night City's biggest pride, this is the heart of corporations, the cluster of neon, and the quintessence of luxury.
  • Watson: A unique mix of Asian cultures, it is a fallen corporate giant now populated by immigrants, hiding various bazaars and markets in a tangle of narrow alleyways.
  • Westbrook: Featuring tourist-oriented Japantown, it is a place for the wealthy who like to work hard and play hard.
  • Heywood: Living in one of the neighborhoods of the predominantly Latino area means you successfully managed to climb the social ladder -- it's a massive suburban housing district, with an underlying gang problem.
  • Pacifica: On the other end of the spectrum, this is the most dangerous part of town, abandoned and overrun by gang activity. Separated from the rest of the city, it's a place of immense poverty.
  • Santo Domingo: All of Night City is powered from here, with its countless power plants and industrial factories, stuck in an endless cycle of modernization. (13)
There will also be the Badlands, which is the area surrounding the city, the outskirts. The Badlands have a faction of nomads. "These are people who live on the road most of the time, so they travel between the states and see the wastes, and sometimes they stop for a longer time near specific cities." (26)

- So can we have vehicles?
Yes! Both cars and motorcycles. Driveable in First and Third person. (2) Combat in them too! (5) Also, it's been confirmed that aerial vehicles (flying cars) are in Night City, but we'll only be able to fly in them in limited parts of the game. (11)

-Okay. So tell me about Night City?
In the dark future of 2077, “America” is a thing of the past, scrambled into more pieces than you could find in a Tech's workshop. Megacorporations control all aspects of civilized life, and gangs rule the rest. (4)

Gangs rule the rest?
Yes! The gangs in Night City are a big part of the lore in CP2020, and many are represented here. So far we know about Maelstrom, the Voodoo Boys, the Animals, and the Valentinos. They each have their own distinct style and background.

-Sounds pretty miserable, what do people do for fun?
Pek çok Night City sakini için yoksulluk ve evsizliğin ezilmesi önemli ve muhtemelen kaçınılmaz sorunlardır. Buna rağmen, çoğu şov dünyasının ışıltısından ve ayrıcalıklı elitlerin lüks yaşam tarzlarından etkileniyor. Sinir teknolojisindeki ilerlemeler, insanların kendi kişisel anılarının ve duygularının kayıtlarını "braindance" (veya BD) olarak bilinen teknoloji aracılığıyla paylaşmalarının yolunu açtı. Bazı BD prodüksiyonları, izleyicilere bir aksiyon filminde yaşadıkları hissini vermek için oyuncuları “sahte” anılar yaratmak için sahneye koyar. Diğer BD'ler, dünyanın en büyük ve en parlak yıldızlarının hayatındaki bir günün basit kayıtlarıdır. Ünlü "olma" ve lüks bir hayat yaşama yeteneği, birçok kişiye kendi sefil gerçekliğinden kaçma şansı verir. Sonuç olarak, braindance bağımlılığı şehrin yoksulları için sürekli büyüyen bir sorun haline geldi. Ayrıca, Tüm eğlence medyası türlerinde olduğu gibi, yasadışı braindance kayıtları (XBD'ler), Night City'nin karaborsasının kötü karnında kolayca bulunabilir. (16)

Kasabada daha çok gerçeğe dayalı yapılacak bir şey var mı?
Elbette! Gece Şehri, her kesimden, geçmişten ve kültürden insanlarla dolu farklı bir yerdir. Sonuç olarak, her biri kendi çekici temasına ve atmosferine sahip bir dizi gece hayatı tesisi var. (17)

Cyberpunk 2077'de mini oyunlar olacak mı?
Şimdiye kadar, netrunning, araba yarışları, hedef antrenmanı ve boksla ilişkili bir bilgisayar korsanlığı oyunu olacağı doğrulandı ... ancak daha fazlası da olabilir. (27)

V'nin şehirde kalacak bir yeri var mı?
Kesinlikle. Şehirde, V'nin Lifepath'ına ve V'nin oyunda ne kadar ilerlediğine bağlı olarak değişen bir daireniz olacak. (14)

Oyundaki diğer karakterlerle nasıl etkileşim kuracağız?
Birçok yol! NPC'ler ile sohbet edebilir ve onlarla etkileşim kurabilirsiniz. NPC'ler, seçimleriniz ve hikaye boyunca nasıl ilerlemek istediğiniz hakkındaki sorularınızı yanıtlayan gemilerdir ve onlarla olan ilişkileriniz önemlidir.

Sohbetler nasıl işleyecek?
CDPR, oynatıcıya sahneler içinde hala izin verilen "etkileşimli sahne sistemi" olarak adlandırmaktadır. Bu şekilde oyuncu sadece diyaloğu seçmekle kalmaz, aynı zamanda sahnede silah çekme, birinin saklanması için hareket, öpücük için eğilme veya el sıkışma için krom tenli bir eli dışarı çıkarma gibi çeşitli eylemleri de seçebilir. .
[/ALINTI]
nice

So question about that PS5 Upgrade, sorry if already asked. Didnt find anything.
Lets say i buy the Cyberpunk PS4 Disk but got the PS5 Digital version, how will i be able to play it on there? Is there like an extra download or do i have to buy in the PSN store on the PS5? Just wanna know if i should preorder or not...

Lets say i buy the Cyberpunk PS4 Disk but got the PS5 Digital version, how will i be able to play it on there? Is there like an extra download or do i have to buy in the PSN store on the PS5? Just wanna know if i should preorder or not...

If you purchase Cyberpunk 2077 on disk, you have to get PS5 standard version (not digital version!)
You NEED a disk when you upgrade to the next gen. The same as TW3.

If I buy the physical copy of Cyberpunk 2077 for Xbox on Amazon US, will the game support Korean? Since the physical copy for Xbox won't be released in South Korea, I'm thinking about buy it via Amazon US.

I have a question regarding a romance option in cyberpunk will Judy (green haired girl with 13 tattoo in trailer) be a romance option and will she be restricted to a certain gender of background

I have a question regarding a romance option in cyberpunk will Judy (green haired girl with 13 tattoo in trailer) be a romance option and will she be restricted to a certain gender of background
It is rumored that she will be based on some comments from people who played preview builds

If you purchase Cyberpunk 2077 on disk, you have to get PS5 standard version (not digital version!)
You NEED a disk when you upgrade to the next gen. The same as TW3.

Just to clarify will we get a free disk or will we have to pay for it ?

I'm really excited for the release and requested vacation time for the release date, but then noticed different dates on different sites....
I'm in the US, in central standard time, and steam says it will release on Nov 18th, while buying from amazon (GOG version) says it releases on the 19th.

can anyone confirm the date of release, and if possible, the time of the release?

So I just got news from my store where I pre-ordered my ps5 that It won´t come before x-mas. So I gotta get myself cyberpunk on both ps5 and pc. Will my save transfer over to the ps5 if I start out playing on pc?

I'm in the US, in central standard time, and steam says it will release on Nov 18th, while buying from amazon (GOG version) says it releases on the 19th.
The release is on the 19th, CET (Warsaw time), so most likely Steam takes timezones into account while Amazon does not.

(The set or assumed, exact time has to be midnight CET or so because even someone from the UK reported Steam showing the date as the 18th, and the UK is only one hour behind Poland.)

im not sure if that was asked but does anyone know the answer to following question:
if i m living in poland , and buy cp2077 but then will travel to live in uk will it still work? will future dlcs and multiplayer work or i would have to pay for uk copy of the game?

im not sure if that was asked but does anyone know the answer to following question:
if i m living in poland , and buy cp2077 but then will travel to live in uk will it still work? will future dlcs and multiplayer work or i would have to pay for uk copy of the game?
Though GOG, it will work fine anywere since no DRM on GOG games. Consoles and steam i have no idea, on the same machine it should be fine, redownloading i have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom