Why Many Players Not Giving GG

+
even the training AI passes at the point of victory. In fact that's what the Training AI is for, testing your cards/decks. You're not supposed to test your cards on a live player unless you are actually in battle. I'm not stereotyping & I don't care what your motives are. If you're still playing your cards after your opponent has passed and lost your just continuing to beat him/her down AFTER the KO. In what universe is that justified, because it's not the universe we live in. It's just plain wrong and doesn't deserve a GG. Those people deserve a penalty, not a reward!

Well i already read here The contrary.
If He pass and The oppenent dont use all his cards, He doesnt give gg.

What i think is, If my oppenent pass, problably He whants to see my cards, afterall He has The forfeit button and problably its more easy to press.

On my IPhone, the forfeit button is hard to get to. But I always pass anyway — it is a courtesy to an opponent who needs to complete a contract or quest.

Well i already read here The contrary.
If He pass and The oppenent dont use all his cards, He doesnt give gg.

What i think is, If my oppenent pass, problably He whants to see my cards, afterall He has The forfeit button and problably its more easy to press.

Why would anyone want to see your cards played out on their already defeated cards. Again, that's what the training AI is for. And you can look at any card you want in the deck builder.
Post automatically merged:

On my IPhone, the forfeit button is hard to get to. But I always pass anyway — it is a courtesy to an opponent who needs to complete a contract or quest.

Really? The courtesy should be theirs by not using your KO'd cards to practice on. Like I said before, its just plain wrong. You just don't hit your opponent after their down. Not for ANY reason.

Last edited:
Why would anyone want to see your cards played out on their already defeated cards. Again, that's what the training AI is for. And you can look at any card you want in the deck builder.

Really? The courtesy should be theirs by not using your KO'd cards to practice on. Like I said before, its just plain wrong. You just don't hit your opponent after their down. Not for ANY reason.
Ok, but i dont have cristal ball

If my opponent is stupid and pass instead of simple forfeit i cant know what are his intentions.

So, you should start to forfeit rather than pass if you dont like people using all their cards

Last edited:

- LoL... dude take your self-righteous attitude out for a walk and buy her an ice cream or something...:ohstopit::coolstory:

- There are no rules for neither how to use the training AI nor the casual (not ranked) mode.
If I like to play all of my cards for any reason whatsoever I am "entitled" to do so as much as you're allowed to "forfeit" any time you want ..lol.
...dude... this is a game, not a gentlemens duel.

- It's simple really, "if you no like"
just forfeit, don't GG and be done with it.
No whining . :disapprove:

Last edited:
I only give GG when I feel like it was a good game, no matter if I lost or won. If I was completely overpowered or annoyed how my opponent played, I don't give him GG, because definition of good game is that you enjoyed the game and if I didn't enjoy, why I should say it was a GG?

I also don't give GG to those opponents who prolong game as much as they can letting me wait until the last second. Sometimes I lose my patience against those players and click "forfeit". I definitely don't give them GG. I hate slow players.

I don't give GG to opponents who continue to play their cards after I have passed & lossed.
If you've already won the game, it is just plain rude, should be considered bad manners,& poor sportsmanship.
Now I realize that Gwent isn't a sport, but all sports ARE games. I think there should be a penalty for poor sportsmanship during a match!

If you're one of the many people who continue to pummel your opponent after you win, & rub their faces in your victory, don't except a GG from me! I don't mind loosing, but seriously, didn't your mothers teach you good manners? Didn't your sports Coaches teach you good sportsmanship? To those of you who are guilty of this behavior..... I hope your all completely ashamed of yourselves. I doubt you will be though. smh
I agree with you, it's a bad manner and they basically want to show you how "powerful" they are by crushing you even if you passed. I find it rude and arrogant too, however there are cases when we have some certain quests to do, for example "play 60 special cards" and in such situation you need to play such cards as many as you have, even if opponent passed, especially if you have left 2-3 cards to complete the quest. In such case, it's understandable.

Last edited:
I only give GG when I feel like it was a good game, no matter if I lost or won. If I was completely overpowered or annoyed how my opponent played, I don't give him GG, because definition of good game is that you enjoyed the game and if I didn't enjoy, why I should say it was a GG?

I also don't give GG to those opponents who prolong game as much as they can letting me wait until the last second. Sometimes I lose my patience against those players and click "forfeit". I definitely don't give them GG. I hate slow players.

I agree with you, it's a bad manner and they basically want to show you how "powerful" they are by crushing you even if you passed. I find it rude and arrogant too, however there are cases when we have some certain quests to do, for example "play 60 special cards" and in such situation you need to play such cards as many as you have, even if opponent passed, especially if you have left 2-3 cards to complete the quest. In such case, it's understandable.

...okay, then we all agree that we shouldn't asume the worst of our opponent (point flexing) even though he's entitled to do so.

- "GG" should indeed be given only if you feel you had a good time or if the opponent pulled some real creative moves and smartplayed .

...okay, then we all agree that we shouldn't asume the worst of our opponent (point flexing) even though he's entitled to do so.

- "GG" should indeed be given only if you feel you had a good time or if the opponent pulled some real creative moves and smartplayed .
Agreed. Of course, If you don't feel it was a good game, you shouldn't give GG, in my opinion.

Well, playing seasonal i see why i dont give gg to a lot of games.

I dont like this fucking control The games whant us to play.

In seasonal most of players only play casual, there isnt so much control like in The other matches.

Also im playing arena and we have some control, but its not like i feeling playing agains NG, or SK or other controls decks.

For me The game is better in that way.

So in my Last few games i send a lot of gg, because i really enjoyed The game.

I think The next seasonal i Will Just reach pro rank for The 25 rps and only play seasonal and arena/draft

I never give GG to NG poison spam or SK grave swap etc etc cheese decks. I give GG when opponent actually tries a good hands.
Pretty much same here. If opponent has annoying deck like NG poison (I just had such match), I don't give them GG, because it wasn't good game, it was annoying.

I don't give GG if the other player obviously cuts the connection after it becomes clear he/she is gonna lose and I have to wait 30 seconds to get Victory confirmation...
Otherwise I always give GG.
(At least until I get the 5000-GG contract. :p )

I also don't give GG to those players who prolong the game deliberately letting you to wait until the bar burns to the last second. I hate those kind of players.

I'm playing an Operator-Crows meme deck with Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream to have some fun and grind Journey on casual (not ranked mode) and 7-8 out of 10 decks I meet are top meta decks (Warriors, Shieldwall, Monster OH, Symbiosis)... of course none of them getting GG.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt petty about it at first, but frankly I don't believe I should GG an opponent that uses cheap or absurd strategies (I wont mention Duels by name)

Sure there are ways around it, but ultimately I decide my GGs should be based on if the match was actually fun or close. The last two seasons I've rarely felt that the matches were good.

However to the point of others in the thread, I will GG every time I win, I want my opponent to have those extra resources

Last edited:
I don't give GG to ropers, people who disconnect on purpose and people who play toxic decks and meta decks even in casual mode ( no gg in ranked for toxic decks either ), especially the ones that see that you are playing a deck just to complete a quest and make the game miserable anyways.
If I find myself playing with a meta deck against these situations ( quest decks, meme decks ) and new players I always give them at least 1 round ( 90% of time the 1st so they can give them all on the 3rd )

Top Bottom