Starting a Cyberpunk 2020 Game Looking for 3 players.

+
Howdy good folks. I'm about to host a Cyberpunk 2020 game starting next week. It would be starting around 3 PM Central Time on Fridays.
I have DMed before, however I am new to hosting a Cyberpunk 2020 game. The requirements are, aside from dedicated attendance, You will need to read the core rulebook between now and next week and you will need to create 3 character sheets. There is no guarantee your first character will survive, but the module we'll be playing ought not be too difficult. If you are interested let me know and I will send you a link to our discord channel.

Thank you.
Post automatically merged:

and there are no more positions open. Take care everyone and keep trying to hang in there until the game is released :)

Last edited:
I'm surprised that there isn't any forum-based roleplay games going on. (is that allowed? I'm just asking) I have no idea how to play, so someone would probably have to teach me lol. I mean, only if they want. I couldn't force anyone. It could be fun maybe?

I'm surprised that there isn't any forum-based roleplay games going on. (is that allowed? I'm just asking) I have no idea how to play, so someone would probably have to teach me lol. I mean, only if they want. I couldn't force anyone. It could be fun maybe?
Ummm ...
There is.
Over in the "Story" tab there's a post that is the on-going PBEM campaign:

The character generation info can be found here:

Ummm ...
There is.
Over in the "Story" tab there's a post that is the on-going PBEM campaign:

The character generation info can be found here:
Hey thanks! :) That's really cool. For some reason though, I can not figure out what PBEM stands for?
Are all dice rolls handled by the game master, or is it like a trust based system where every individual player uses a dice rolling website, or literally rolls their own dice in person and inputs the results? This is something I am very rusty on, and would probably need practice with. Also I am curious what happens if a person joins mid-game? Or what happens if a person is not online for several days? Does that ruin the game by holding it up for everyone else, or is it a very fluid game that kind of just works whenever it is possible, regardless of who is there or who is not there, or who randomly just joined? :think:

Play By E Mail.

Nope, if you look over some of the past posts you'll see the players using an app to roll dice when needed.

If a person joins mid game I introduce them as soon as the game permits. And since the team is just finishing up a job now would be a great time to join.

We're pretty fluid, sometimes we'll hold up for a few days but mostly if players have input they just add it. I'd suggest reading over at least the last few pages to get a feel for how I'm running things.

Play By E Mail.

Nope, if you look over some of the past posts you'll see the players using an app to roll dice when needed.

If a person joins mid game I introduce them as soon as the game permits. And since the team in just finishing up a job now would be a great time to join.

We're pretty fluid, sometimes we'll hold up for a few days but mostly if players have input they just add it. I'd suggest reading over at least the last few pages to get a feel for how I'm running things.
That's interesting. Thanks for explaining. I think maybe I will slow the game down too much lol, I think I'm really bad at it. Thanks though. :)

That's interesting. Thanks for explaining. I think maybe I will slow the game down too much lol, I think I'm really bad at it. Thanks though. :)
Pfffttttt
The whole point of the game is to let folks new to role-play get feel for it.
If you want to play start creating a character (the second thread).

Pfffttttt
The whole point of the game is to let folks new to role-play get feel for it.
If you want to play start creating a character (the second thread).
I just think it's going to be too difficult and confusing for me. :( I'm probably going to break the immersion at some point in some horrible way. It's also possible that I might start playing, and then something may come up in life that makes me not able to attend the game for long enough periods that it may ruin the game for everyone else.
I'm sorry. But I appreciate your help. :)

I'm probably going to break the immersion at some point in some horrible way.
This is why the character generation thread is totally separate from the gameplay one. You can ask or discuss anything you want in the character generation thread (look it over).

I've been running RPGs for about 40 years now, I like to think I have a pretty good idea how to introduce player to the pastime.

This is why the character generation thread is totally separate from the gameplay one. You can ask or discuss anything you want in the character generation thread (look it over).

I've been running RPGs for about 40 years now, I like to think I have a pretty good idea how to introduce player to the pastime.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very interested, but the deeper I look, the more complicated it looks. I'm 100% sure I'm going to disappoint and inconvenience you and other players in some way. I'll just go now. But seriously, I really appreciate your help and I'm not saying anything bad about your ability to introduce people or anything. I just think that even before I've taken a bite, I'm already biting off much more than I can chew.

It's actually pretty simple.

Create a personality with a set of skills and react to what what happens the way that personality, with those skills, would.

It's actually pretty simple.

Create a personality with a set of skills and react to what what happens the way that personality, with those skills, would.
I just keep thinking you know, there's gonna be a time when I get depressed again for a while, these things happen you know? and then I'm going to fail to show up at some time where my character is needed, like in the middle of a mission, and everyone will be like "where are they??" and I'm going to be in my bed eating oven roasted corn and onions and potatos while watching friends re-runs trying to hold my **** together Lol. The only thoughts going through my mind will be bad memories I can't shake away and "MYYYY SANDWHICH???" and "WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!" and "Nostleuuu Tollehooooz" and "PIVOT!" haha... and "TARTLETS?" rofl lmao. Imagine Johnny Silverhand just walks out on the raid on arasaka tower to go eat pirogies in the rain? All his buddies just get killed by Adamantium Smoosher. How can I prevent this? What if I sleep a really long time and then I come back online and everyone's like "bruh we've been waiting for you for 10 hours to go in and raid the ramen house?" but yea.. I'm legit worried I'm going to let my team down. What if I forget the game exists? You know? I'm like 3 months later and then suddenly I'm like "NO NO NO I'm LITERALLY 3 MONTHS LATE TO THE GAME!" I just come back and everyone is like:
skeleton.png

Top Bottom