Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question here - why is Cyberpunk 2077 getting so much attention of that kind? And, apparently, Witcher 3 got it to a comparable degree for what reason? I've been waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 since 2012 or 2013 (I don't know which I've seen first - the title reveal or the cybersquad teaser) and tried my best to follow everything official or trustworthy there was about this game, but my expectations didn't need managing at all. Did I miss a huge mass of material from CDPR promising, like, 100% and another 100% that everything we see, hear or think and imagine about the game is going to be in it no matter what?
This is something that happens when a game company releases a game that is beloved by people and critics pretty much every franchise or game that becomes popular will have a sequel that will be burdened by these expectations,some people back in 2004 thought that Half Life 2 is the worst sequel,some people think that Zelda and Mario became bad after OOT and Mario 64 and the list goes on.
im pretty sure Cyberpunk will be way more criticized than the witcher 3 and it will be often compared to it.

Last edited:
- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
If you actually read interviews with devs, not watch clickbait video, that counts only if you run as faster as possible through the story with spreadsheet of story branches.

- Small Map
What? :facepalm:

- No Subway System
Wasn't even planned.

- Can't use the Flathead as a companion
Because this robot was a core of techie gameplay and he does same things as netrunner, but with robot. Do we need same -ish gameplay with two different "classes"? I don't think so.

- Only 29 base model vehicles
With countless variations which can be very different from one to another. Why this is a bad thing?

- No Third-Person Perspective
- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent
Matter of taste + tight spaces looks better in FPP.

- No Wall Running
Dunno what they call "wallrunning". Climbing with mantis blades or actual wallrun like Warframe?

- No Car Customization
Wasn't in the game.

No one notices the improvements in the game, which can be seen in the latest videos, everyone seems to want to be dissapointment about things never existed.

I'm not really disappointed. It would be weird to be disappointed with a game I haven't played yet.

If anything I did not really like hearing about the shortened campaign. I like to have as much playtime in a good RPG as possible.

What I am is a bit worried, if I look at everything that has happened since the first delay was announced, removed features, further delay, planned microtransactions in the multiplayer, shortened campaign... it seems like CDPR is coming closer to the industry standards and that would be a really bad thing.

I mean, back when the articles about the microtransactions hit, I was shocked to read that the head of CDPR said something that sounded like right out of an EA or Bethesda PR drone.
It's like, if that stuff is all that happens, it's fine, but the fear is that this is just the beginning. Companies like Blizzard or Bethesda were once cherished as being on the gamers site as well.

I personally like TP way more than FP, I always felt like why have a character creator like this, if you barely see your character.
Definitely would have preferred an approach where you can switch between TP and FP in the game.

I'm extremely excited about the game, and I love 99% of everything so far, but I am extremely disappointed with the person in the twitch stream (that supposedly works for CDPR, SUPPOSEDLY...) that said all the main romances where already shown in the footage so far, even if they were walking in the background somehow. The reason this is such a big deal to me is that I was waiting to play the game hoping to try and find an NPC that I liked enough to romance. The problem is that while I liked a lot of the NPC's shown so far, I didn't really feel like I wanted to date any of them. I love Jackie as a friend or a brother, but I don't want to date him. I find most of the characters extremely interesting, But NONE of them, and I mean NONE really stood out to me and caught my interest as someone I would really really want to date. I find some of them a little attractive, but I don't find them to be my type, and I can't say that I really feel attracted to any of the NPC's on a serious meaningful level. Does everyone see where I'm going with this?
>Twitch guy says we have seen all of the main romance options already
>Therefor I have seen all romance options
>I am not attracted to anyone I have seen
>But I've seen them all.... according to the Twitch guy.
>Therefor if I have seen all romance options already and I am not attracted to anyone I have seen in the footage so far... Well...
>This means that I don't like 100% of all of the main romance options.

This means that I'm basically going to find a casual side romance like the warrior woman in the Witcher 3 (who I think was a really good decent person who wanted a strong husband and possibly strong healthy children too that knew how to fight and protect their family) I really liked her a lot, even more than all of the main romance options. I am worried that just like in the Witcher 3, I think Cyberpunk2077 probably will not care about them after that casual one night encounter (what's the point of bedroom stuff if you don't have real love, and a good long term stable healthy relationship?) and then at the end of the game, the game will probably pretend this character doesn't even exist or something. I don't know. I don't know what to do, or what to think. I am painfully disappointed because this essentially ruins the mystery of who I might find in the game and it translates to me as "You're not going to find anyone, that's it, game over"

I am extremely concerned that the dating portion of Cyberpunk2077 is essentially already completely ruined for me, and I haven't even had a chance to play the game yet. I think it's incredibly unfair, and I can not imagine in a million years why CDPR (which are extremely good and smart and very skilled story tellers) would ever choose to reveal all the main dating options before the game even releases, and essentially reveal everything and ruin the mystery and diminish the story.

I am at a stage where:
>Game is not released yet
>And yet, I am 99% sure based on this persons words that I do not like 100% of the main dating options
>Therefor I don't get to date anyone that really matters to the developers.(CDPR)

I'm just going to get stuck with a non-main dating option character (even If I really like them a lot) that the devs put less effort into than any of the main dating options only because of the fact that they are not a main dating option, resulting in a diminished and lesser dating experience for me and for that non-main character. I am more than willing to intentionally choose a non-main dating option character if I like them more, but I am very upset that they will not have the same amount of love and work put into them as the main dating options that I likely will not really interact with too much since they don't interest me.

I just feel like I've been thrown into a corner, tossed aside into the dust.
organs shattered.png

I also don't like the visual design of 2020 V's both male and female. 2018 male and female V characters looked and sounded better in every way, hands down, absolutely no contest what so ever. I feel like someone has suddenly changed the art and character direction in a very extreme way that is not in the best interest of the customers who are actually buying, playing, and enjoying the game, and I am beyond disappointed by this. Just my opinion. :sad::cry::giveup:

I just feel like CDPR had a vision for the game, and I feel like someone else has suddenly stepped in and made changes that are outside of what CDPR originally intended. It just doesn't feel "CDPR". It feels like something else is at play. What? Who? I have absolutely no idea. I want CDPR to take charge of their own game and say "we're the boss here, our game, our design freedom". They made these great designs, and now there's this feeling of backtracking into worse designs for some reason. They got it right, and now it's all going backwards. This is why I feel that CDPR is being led in directions that are different than what their vision was. Who or What does this benefit? Is that benefit greater than the disappointment that I and possibly others may be feeling? Is that benefit even real?

Again, this is all just speculation, and all just my thoughts and opinions. I'm really really sad and disappointed. Everything just feels confusing now. The game isn't even out yet, and I can feel this strong pull, as if things are being pulled in a bad direction, I feel a huge disturbance in the force.:sad::cry::giveup:

Last edited:
From the start I expected open world Deus Ex in terms of gameplay with Witcher style storytelling and choices and so far I'm getting everything that I hoped for, so no, I'm not disappointed. Every single thing listed by you is either something that developers were open about for a very long time or very minor features that we don't have a good idea of how they would work in the actual game.

This is something that happens when a game company releases a game that is beloved by people and critics pretty much every franchise or game that becomes popular will have a sequel that will be burdened by these expectations,some people back in 2004 thought that Half Life 2 is the worst sequel,some people think that Zelda and Mario became bad after OOT and Mario 64 and the list goes on.
im pretty sure Cyberpunk will be way more criticized than the witcher 3 and it will be often compared to it.
That makes sense, honestly, but I don't feel like Cyberpunk 2020 is, well, a sequel to Cyberpunk 2020. The latter was a PnP RPG, which is already extremely different from whatever we can have as a modern video game, even RPG. Not going to dive into that topic, though, as I've never played Cyberpunk 2020, let alone any PnP at all.

How many car models were there, by the way? :coolstory:

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Small Map
- No Subway System
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

I'm not disapointed in something i haven't played yet, that would be stupid.

witcher 3 had a lot of bloat in the main story so I can't see how cutting that out would be a bad thing.

the map doesn't look small at all. looks huge actually.

no subway system is unfortunate but not a big deal.

flathead might have been cool but i don't really care about it

that's a lot of cars

third person mods

who cares about cutscenes?

this aint titanfall

never cared about car customization

From the start I expected open world Deus Ex in terms of gameplay with Witcher style storytelling and choices

That was a logical expectation already at the very start, yes. Some of us posted about it already in the blog comments; perhaps you were there too.
——————
Of course, though, there were certain things that I had hoped for in line with there being a PnP game as a base and an inspiration (later on just inspiration, as it seemed to turn out) and otherwise too, which would’ve fit that mold, but... things went the way they went.

Like hubs instead of one ”big” map, and more character agency through differen skills instead of everything revolving around combat and killing or the straightforward avoidance of them, for a couple of examples.

But, oh well. Two months and there it is...to be seen if everything (in reasonable measure) that didn’t happen, is or isn’t noticeable enough to make a difference.

The only thing I'm marginally disappointed about is the lack of useable NCART/Subway/Monorail system, since I like the immersion they add. Otherwise, not at all. The game looks absolutely phenominal.

The thing I'm most upset with is the fact that the main story is shorter than the witcher 3.

Witcher 3 with expansions took me around 200 hours.
It was a second playthrough exept for Blood and Wine, so I knew where to go and what to do.
(also not completionist, but did all the sidequests however)

If Cyberpunk takes 100 hours to beat with all the sidequests, I'm fine with it.
However I don't mind an RPG being long at all. If it had more playtime than the Witcher I'd be happier for it.

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Small Map
- No Subway System
- No Wall Running
- No Car Customization

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

Only hugely disappointed in the shortened story.

Why?!

Why lower the standard for those that aren't that into the game and take away from those that are? That's ridiculous.

In that case launch the game now. Why release "when its ready" because by delaying you'll only annoy those that don't want to wait as opposed to those that are happy to. More people want to play the game now, so kindly lower the standards as CDPR have done with the story and launch now.

Only hugely disappointed in the shortened story.

Why?!

Why lower the standard for those that aren't that into the game and take away from those that are? That's ridiculous.

In that case launch the game now. Why release "when its ready" because by delaying you'll only annoy those that don't want to wait as opposed to those that are happy to. More people want to play the game now, so kindly lower the standards as CDPR have done with the story and launch now.

To be fair, Witcher 3 had a storyline where you play as Geralt and experience his story. In Cyberpunk 2077, you make your own story. This makes Cyberpunk 2077 much more replayable than the Witcher 3. While the the length of one of the branches of the story might be shorter, the entire length of every branch combined may be similar in length to Witcher 3. If you want to experience each life path, you will have to play CP2077 three times. If you want to experience every branch of the story, then it's at least an order of magnitude more than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom