Are you disappointed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4211861

• I would be happy if they just fix the lip sync. Well, not happy, but content. This year has been disastrous, I'm not asking for much anymore.
  • Not sure why they would put riding the metro in the trailer and not have it at all, even as cutscene or scripted mission! That was a total failure there.
  • I'm OK with no spider drone, but there should be at least a flying spy drone, I mean srsly, there are drones all over, give the player a drone.
  • 29 vehicle models is lame. Mafia 1 had more and that was 18 years ago. Even the screenshots look lame with so few models.
I am having serious doubts about buying this ray tracing tech demo. 2018 had such promise, but it was more hype than content.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3

W3 main story was 50+ hs. It's long. The devs don't say "shorter" but "may be shorter", so, I guess, depending on the choices, a player may spend as many hours as in W3.

- Small Map

Looking at game plays and visualisations it may appear that the map is rather pretty big, not small.

- No Subway System

It could add some flavor and new value to the experience, but the lack of it doesn't take away anything.

- Can't use the Flathead as a companion

I was never considering using it, so I can now breath more easily, knowing I won't be forced to couple with that thing :)

- Only 29 base model vehicles

No factor.
It's not NFS, it's not even GTA. 29 is a lot.

- No Third-Person Perspective

Seeing the gameplay, I think it's a good decision. Also, there's TPP while driving and riding. In character screen. Mirrors. Photo mode. Quite immersive. Still, maybe could use some "hero look mode" when the camera detaches from the character and orbits them when they stand still for some time.

- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent

It may be good thing, depending on the ammmount of immersion the new system offers.

- No Wall Running

No factor.

- No Car Customization

No factor.

As good as Cyberpunk 2077 will be, it also has its drawbacks.

- Shorter main story than The Witcher 3
Witcher main story without DLC or side quests and not using fast travel 25-50 hours..thats reportedly if you watch or skip cut scenes etc. If you rush any game you can finish it fast, there are few games that provide more than 40 hrs of main story content.

Cyberpunk 2077 being "slightly shorter" could be anything, no one but CDPR knows right now. The rest is just jumping to conclusions. How much total content is there? Who plays a game with side missions/content and just does the main story?

- Small Map = Compared to what? a topdown animated view does not give scale.

- No Subway System = Not important, you can drive everywhere and fast travel. Unless you didn't get a car until later in the game who would actually use it, sitting around on the subway/train waiting to get somewhere isn't fun.

- Can't use the Flathead as a companion = Removed because of duplicate gameplay, could have been changed to a pet/drone companion sure, but again fluff that didn't fit with the current designs, the player has AI companions already didn't need another robotic one.

- Only 29 base model vehicles = Take a look outside, this game is not that and never will be. Even then roughly 80% of all base model vehicles look the same (2 door hatchbacks, truck, 4 door sedans etc). 8 of the biggest companies control more than one brand of vehicle, and in the world of cyberpunk function and style are two different things..
also BASE models.

- No Third-Person Perspective = Personal preference, and something that hasn't been even mentioned as an idea in the game for 7 years.

- Third Person Cutscenes are almost non-existent = Instead they are in game scenes, played out in real time not cutting away from your experience with a moment you cannot control. That is a win.

- No Wall Running = Feature that didn't work, because they would have had to add it to every scaleable surface in the game inside and outside. And even in world of cyberware. Parkour is one thing to show off for little short spurts of wall running, doing it for any other reason is just asking to get hurt, particularily in combat, video game or not it is just fluff that doesn't fit (their) vison.

- No Car Customization= That players can do.

I'll add more missing content if I think of any. Are you disappointed with these missing features? I am but Cyberpunk 2077 will still be a great game nonetheless.

= No, because it isn't missing content the game hasn't been released, it was planned/drawing board features that have been removed during the development process (Many of which have changed over the last 5 years) this is the problem with keeping the public informed, because it is taken for granted that what they said 7 yrs ago would be written in stone or promised content.

Now if they removed netrunning before release and kept saying it was in, THAT would be an issue of missing content and even Netrunning has changed at least 4 times in just the last 2 years in how it works/looks. That is just how game development goes, as long as they are upfront about it, because many studios have not been recently.

The enthusiasm that Miles Tost expressed for the flathead in the Deep Dive Q&A made me a little excited for it but I can understand why they removed it since it is a little redundant at this point.
I doubt the game is going to be short and exploring the map will be not only time consuming and engrossing but it will probably be a far better experience than other games with "huge" maps.

I've no concern regarding story length. Sure, might be shorter than W3, but I don't doubt it makes up for it in the story that the game's world creates all around you as well as replayability as different backgrounds etc

I've no concern regarding story length. Sure, might be shorter than W3, but I don't doubt it makes up for it in the story that the game's world creates all around you as well as replayability as different backgrounds etc
Replayability is the biggest argument FOR shorter story. I can't imagine going 60 hours per playthrough based on my background purely. Side-quests and exploration and choosing different playstyles, along with choosing who you favor and who you fight the most, varying your perks and etc and etc - now that's a deal well-made for a short(er) story.

Although I still think Cyberpunk 2077 will be a title of a length quite fine.

I am trying to keep a more open minded perspective. As a player of the pnp, the only thing that would really disappoint me is if they butchered the game turning it into "GTA with cyberpunk flavoring." and ruin the whole bleak, dark future esthetic.

Genuine question here - why is Cyberpunk 2077 getting so much attention of that kind? And, apparently, Witcher 3 got it to a comparable degree for what reason? I've been waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 since 2012 or 2013 (I don't know which I've seen first - the title reveal or the cybersquad teaser) and tried my best to follow everything official or trustworthy there was about this game, but my expectations didn't need managing at all. Did I miss a huge mass of material from CDPR promising, like, 100% and another 100% that everything we see, hear or think and imagine about the game is going to be in it no matter what?

I don't know if it is. We are all prey to the echo chamber effect on the Internet, but my experience hasn't been heavily "We've been let down!". A fair bit of, "Keep hype in control, guys" with "They cut so much! Whaaa!"

People have been wanting things for this game that were either never advertised, a vague suggestion/hope or even planned but changed, for years. Long development cycle, people too lazy to Google before ranting and a huge complex game that offers:

Character generation based off a PnP Game.
Intense, multi-woven story where you -don't- save the world.
RPG mechanics and perks, of varying depth with a huge perk tree.
Combat, stealth and hacking options - and non-lethal.
Shooting combat, melee combat, including hand to hand, driving combat.
Interactive cutscenes that you can interrupt.
First person for everything - including sex.
Cars you can drive. Bikes you can drive.
Cyberware to upgrade yourself.
Gear you can customize.
Gear you can craft.
Great graphics, hand-crafted music and rich sound.
Keanu Reeves. Plus some more (annoyingly more) celebs.
The original writer for the PnP actively onboard and helping.
The follow-up to the RPG that has the most GOTY awards ever.
Whatever I missed.

Soooooooooo...yeah.

That's a lot. A lot a lot a lot a lot.

People see that list, or have it in their heads, and being people, (I include myself, stupid perk tree, stupid celeb additions), focus not on the SO VERY VERY VERY MUCH we are getting, but the few things we aren't getting or were never getting or might have once gotten.

People!

Small map? lol
Haha, yea this I agree with. I don't think the map is small at all. I don't know why some think that the map is small? That really confuses me, totally shocks me. How could anyone truly believe the map is small? It's huge! :shrug:
Especially that the subway was the first thing we were shown after years of silence...
Yea I am sad about that
The only thing I'm marginally disappointed about is the lack of useable NCART/Subway/Monorail system, since I like the immersion they add. Otherwise, not at all. The game looks absolutely phenominal.
I agree it does look absolutely breathtaking. I am still hardcore super duper excited for the game even with all my complaints.
The thing I'm most upset with is the fact that the main story is shorter than the witcher 3.
I'm hoping that if I do all of the optional side-quests before then going and completing the main story missions, that the game will somehow actually be longer than the Witcher 3, especially with all the driving around and exploring and interacting with the game world I will be doing. I will also be messing around to find fun ways of making silly things happen in the game. Maybe playing weird pranks on NPC's? I will be getting creative, lol.
To be fair, Witcher 3 had a storyline where you play as Geralt and experience his story. In Cyberpunk 2077, you make your own story. This makes Cyberpunk 2077 much more replayable than the Witcher 3. While the the length of one of the branches of the story might be shorter, the entire length of every branch combined may be similar in length to Witcher 3. If you want to experience each life path, you will have to play CP2077 three times. If you want to experience every branch of the story, then it's at least an order of magnitude more than this.
I had many things I both liked and disliked about Witcher 3, but in regards to game length, I felt like this:
I found myself reaching the end of the main story missions incredibly quickly, but I felt like the traveling to the side missions was incredibly slow. Some of these main quest, or even side missions were incredibly boring, and some were incredibly fun too.

A big complaint that I felt like I had with Witcher 3 in some unusual different ways was that there were way too many meaningless small things that Geralt had available to do, like swimming down to find sunken treasure chests. I just feel like Witcher 3 had lots of very tedious grindy filler elements, and various other inconveniences that took up a huge amount of my time, so most of the time I felt like I was doing a chore, rather than feeling immersed in the game world and having fun with the story.

Of course when I was inside a mission, I had plenty of other complaints but that's a whole completely different conversation. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I felt that the main story quests of Witcher 3 were incredibly short to reach the end, even if the missions themselves felt long and boring when I was inside of them. On the other side, I felt like the game just dragged on and on and on and took up huge amounts of my time making me do things I didn't care about, and didn't want to do.

I guess to say things simply, I actually prefer if Cyberpunk2077 has a very long huge main story line, and a huge amount of very long side quests as well. I don't actually want these things to be short. My point is that if these things are all fun 100% of the time, all the way through, then It's good that they're long because then I will have fun for longer. Fun makes time pass very quickly. Witcher 3 took so long and felt so long, because I suppose I wasn't having much fun. Not because the main story was too long. :shrug:

Last edited:
Magic. I love me some magic. 2077 needs magic.
This is a game about cyberpunk....? Not magic? I don't know why there's disappointment here. I thought that was obvious?

More rain. I said it. More rain. And snow. Witcher 3 had these, Night City needs snow. I was promised a robust weathert system!
It's set in California? Why would there be snow? The last time it snowed in Los Angeles, it was 1962.

Wall running I was excited about because, I am a fan of the free running component(assassins creed/dying light) which is hardly free running considering it was a very limited wall run but, not overly disappointed it's not in there.

Biggest thing for me is no car customization whatsoever. Not even color changes bare bones customization. I feel like this will eventually make it's way into the multiplayer portion so I have hope there.

The map size looks great to me. Quality over quantity plus it doesn't feel small at all it feels like I could get lost in the city\badlands which is something I havent experienced since probably playing red dead redemption(most recent).

Dating will be fun but not a feature I will likely use much if it becomes annoying I could care less if it's in the game. Hit it and quit a corpo chick lol that should be a funny conversation.

I was definitely disappointed by the news that vehicle customization and being able to control the flathead would be absent but the game still looks like it will be amazing so I'm not really disappointed in it at all nor am I expecting to be on Nov 18th.

Shorter main story because witcher 3 was aparently to long for a majority of people, but overall more content.

As long as there will be 'enough' content, I dont mind about the main story being shorter. Indeed, I remember playing Skyrim by completely ignoring the main quest so that the dragons wouldn't spawn to annoy me. I am more into the "immersive sandbox" kind of game than I am to a "cool story" that Ive invariably seen and heard before.

ps. All complaints about V looking different is dumb, because V can be CUSTOMIZED.

This is a game about cyberpunk....? Not magic? I don't know why there's disappointment here. I thought that was obvious?

It's set in California? Why would there be snow? The last time it snowed in Los Angeles, it was 1962.
Well snow would be cool, because it's the future, and the environment has been going all weird or something, maybe even as a totally normal natural thing that happens over time in the earths natural cycles, 100% regardless of the pollution.
But yea I would love snow too. Sometimes snow makes games feel comfy for a while. :sleep: Not all the time of course, just some times. :sleep:
As long as there will be 'enough' content, I dont mind about the main story being shorter. Indeed, I remember playing Skyrim by completely ignoring the main quest so that the dragons wouldn't spawn to annoy me. I am more into the "immersive sandbox" kind of game than I am to a "cool story" that Ive invariably seen and heard before.

ps. All complaints about V looking different is dumb, because V can be CUSTOMIZED.
Customization is a wonderful thing and you're right about it making worries about V looking different pointless, but at the same time I would argue also the opposite to that point and say that I feel concerned that the recent changes in 2020 male and female V make me worry that it could be an indicator of what the other options in the customization area or character creator might be like. I fear the Potential for all of the options to also be "2020" rather than "2018". :oops::shrug:

Last edited:
Male V sounds awful, so I'll be sticking with Female V.

I'm just worried about the tone of the game, at this point of time marketing has been GTA Satire.

That was a logical expectation already at the very start, yes. Some of us posted about it already in the blog comments; perhaps you were there too.
——————
Of course, though, there were certain things that I had hoped for in line with there being a PnP game as a base and an inspiration (later on just inspiration, as it seemed to turn out) and otherwise too, which would’ve fit that mold, but... things went the way they went.

Like hubs instead of one ”big” map, and more character agency through differen skills instead of everything revolving around combat and killing or the straightforward avoidance of them, for a couple of examples.

But, oh well. Two months and there it is...to be seen if everything (in reasonable measure) that didn’t happen, is or isn’t noticeable enough to make a difference.

2077 is turning out to be an Action Adventure game with a dedicated combat skill tree. Or in this case, plethora amount of percentage buffs zZzzz.

No RPG stats on driving, lack of social skills in the game.

Male V sounds awful, so I'll be sticking with Female V.
First time I see that one! What makes it so bad to you? I really wonder because I think he sounds pretty good given his mercenary background and, well, the general "attitude is everything" setting.

Sucks that car customization, wallrunning and third person didn't make the cut but overall the game looks great to me. We complained about similar things with TW3 and the game turned out to be great.

So no, not disappointed.

other than that there would be a CP 2077 game they have explicitly promised nothing.

Only if you consider that a promise is forcibly a sentence which begins by "I promise..."
Post automatically merged:

Replayability is the biggest argument FOR shorter story. I can't imagine going 60 hours per playthrough based on my background purely. Side-quests and exploration and choosing different playstyles, along with choosing who you favor and who you fight the most, varying your perks and etc and etc - now that's a deal well-made for a short(er) story.

Although I still think Cyberpunk 2077 will be a title of a length quite fine.

Dragon Age: Origins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom