New mechanic (Reverse armor)

+
I'd like to suggest a new mechanic to the game, one that increases the point value of a card without increasing their toughness. There are many ways to apply this but the best would be to create aura type of effects. Currently the game doesn't have any and i remember it was awkwardly attempted back in beta with the Wild Hunt Drakkars.

You could call it morale or something and unit card can have effects like "Morale +2 while you control 5 or more elves" or can be buffers "Dominance: All units on this row have morale +1".

Reverse armor? I imagine "reverse armor" being something like "when this unit takes damage, damage it by a further 1 point for each point of reverse armor the opponents attack goes thru" :p See? It's logical, right? It's armor that has you take more damage which is the opposite of armor making you take less dmg.

I'd like to suggest a new mechanic to the game, one that increases the point value of a card without increasing their toughness. There are many ways to apply this but the best would be to create aura type of effects. Currently the game doesn't have any and i remember it was awkwardly attempted back in beta with the Wild Hunt Drakkars.

You could call it morale or something and unit card can have effects like "Morale +2 while you control 5 or more elves" or can be buffers "Dominance: All units on this row have morale +1".

Your suggestion reminds me of vitality points that have not yet turned into points. If you kill a 3 point unit with 2 unrealized points, you essentially get 5 points in value just from the damage.

On the surface I see the potential, but in practice I have concerns. It would force more control into a meta that could become extremely control heavy. Also, it begs the question why would you want moral instead of boost or vitality? The only answer that makes sense to me is that moral would be more generous. This feels like power creep unless you find offsets to balance it.

One alternative I like is to create a type of special card or tag that converts armor into points. This creates a motive to increase armor points and armor removal special cards and creates the threat of unrealized points without as significant a threat of power creep.

Also, it begs the question why would you want moral instead of boost or vitality?

Because it would be more dynamic, right now you don't have a way to gain temporary points based on a specific board state, you can't unboost a unit.
Like i said, the best application would be to create aura effects.

Top Bottom