Option to censor profanity?

+
Hello,
I wanted to create a thread on petitioning the CD project team to have an option in the game to censor cuss words. If i am playing the game and there are children or parents in the home, i don't want to make them hear the profanity. I don't want to wear headsets as i am aware of health dangers of using headsets so close to ears.

edit:
When nudity can be censored by the USER then why cannot cuss words?

OH Fish!!!!

Last edited:
Hello,
I wanted to create a thread on petitioning the CD project team to have an option in the game to censor cuss words. If i am playing the game and there are children or parents in the home, i don't want to make them hear the profanity. I don't want to wear headsets as i am aware of health dangers of using headsets so close to ears.
What are heath dangers from using headsets so close to ears? I use headphones, hearing protection and In ear monitors often and the only issues I know of are from turning the volume up too loud.

What are heath dangers from using headsets so close to ears? I use headphones, hearing protection and In ear monitors often and the only issues I know of are from turning the volume up too loud.

Which applies to any output device. but i am also curious as to what this could possibly be.

Keive

Forum regular
That be a sort of neat option but seems like a lot of work. I just think some of the cursing in dialogue sounded a bit awkward before so that be cool to toggle it off and on.

Also there could be a specific problem with their ears for why they can't wear headsets, I can't wear them either.

If you play on PC though you could probably use earbuds.

I thought YouTubers have said there will be a way to cut out bad language so they can stream the game :shrug:

lol playing cyberpunk and asking for profanity filter is amusing, well i find it amusing anyway, while i do support the game should have one, i dont see why anyone would choose to use it, unless they want to play while their children etc are in the same room.

Sry, but I have no sympathy for that. You know what kind of game you buy and its rated at 18! If you want to play it, than you must ensure that no kid is arround or you cant play it. Whats comes next? An option where we can change blood into rainbows?

lol playing cyberpunk and asking for profanity filter is amusing, well i find it amusing anyway, while i do support the game should have one, i dont see why anyone would choose to use it, unless they want to play while their children etc are in the same room.

You never know with people streaming the game maybe:shrug: I have to say i went through this when my kids where little , two choices play when the kids aren`t home / asleep or play with the sound off . Come to think about it there is an other choice .... don`t play :(

Again, I agree with this thread as well for all the same reasons as the "Optional censoring of nudity" as I personally wont be censoring my game, BUT(As i stated in another thread) I have friends that have kids. and they've told me before how hard it is for them to even get any time to even play a game in with having a fulltime job and a wife that doesn't share their interest in gaming... On top of that, they have to be careful what they play as they don't want to expose their children to things they're too young to see, words they might repeat, and images that may cause nightmares..

So Yes, I am 100% on board with OPTIONAL censor blurs and bleeps..

I don't want to wear headsets as i am aware of health dangers of using headsets so close to ears.
I get why one would want the OPTION to censor profanity, BUT the headset thing threw me off. What kind of dangers does a headset bring aside from the loud volume impacting the eardrums due to lack of common sense? Just lower the volume on the headsets and you'll be okay.

I'm not against the idea of having it be an option, if it is censored by design....THEN I'll have a problem.

Top Bottom