Insane Grind for Journey Cosmetics with 175 Levels?

+
175 levels is pretty ridiculous that's hundreds of hours of grinding completely takes the fun out of the game.

Edit#1: on 14-sep 02:40pm (UTC time) I have received a popup message that a legendary has been added on my collection which I believe it is a compensation for guarantee legendary for ciri journey. so the a) below has been removed.

I brought Ciri journey immediately on day 1 because I think it is better than Geralt journey or at least should be the same but now Ciri journey is worst than Geralt journey because:

a) the mystery cards just only bronze and I didn't even get any rare. now it fixed to give more gold cards but I have no clue when people who already got common will be get some compensation.
b) players is going to grind more and players who does not have free time but want cosmetic will end up to buy fast travel at some point
c) the additional benefit for premium pass after level 100 are minimal -- only 1 avatar, 4 trinkets and 20rp (from faq in Journey page)
d) In Geralt's Journey after level 100 - it reverted to old Daily Crown reward 6/12/24/24 which players can earns 4rp from 18cp but now it's 2 rp from 24cp. Despite the well rested bonus -- it count as much as 1.17rp (14/24 x2rp) which become 3.17rp from 24cp. It seems that players were punished by played more but earn less rp.

Earlier, I think it's still ok because the 4rp / level after level 100 is so great and make other points seems not a big deal. But now it's only 2rp / level despite that I brought the premium pass. It seems that the premium journey is not worth as much as I thought.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Actually I have given up on the idea of reaching L175 and now I am at peace. Couple of weeks back I had got health issues and I was down for some 3-4 days, but I had very close progress to reaching L175. But last week had been super busy in my work that I could hardly play a game or two. A whole week gone with almost 0 progress. But it is good in one way. I don’t have the pressure of “I have to play 2 hours to reach 175” thingy since it is now impossible (unless I buy fast path from my current L75 to L100 and start grinding for the rest of the 1.5 months, which I don’t want to do).

/disagree with vast the majority of rants here.
People rant here, because that's the point of this forum. Discuss the good and the bad. And many things went worse with CIri adventure.
All that CDPR had to do was to keep the first 100 levels the same as Geralt adventure and then give really dedicated players tons of reward points, scraps and titles. And most people would be really happy with that.
Instead they listened to people, who play 24/7 and people who buy the whole season pass day one and then are bored, because there is nothing more to unlock. By yielding to few ultras and rich kids they made it worse for most.
Personally I hope this thread will linger at the top for as long as possible, because as much as I like Gwent, bad decisions just keep piling and one day enough will be enough. CDPR can do better than this. Witcher 3 and it's next gen remaster are proofs of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
a) the mystery cards just only bronze and I didn't even get any rare. now it fixed to give more gold cards but I have no clue when people who already got common will be get some compensation.
b) players is going to grind more and players who does not have free time but want cosmetic will end up to buy fast travel at some point
c) the additional benefit for premium pass after level 100 are minimal -- only 1 avatar, 4 trinkets and 20rp (from faq in Journey page)
d) In Geralt's Journey after level 100 - it reverted to old Daily Crown reward 6/12/24/24 which players can earns 4rp from 18cp but now it's 2 rp from 24cp. Despite the well rested bonus -- it count as much as 1.17rp (14/24 x2rp) which become 3.17rp from 24cp. It seems that players were punished by played more but earn less rp.

Earlier, I think it's still ok because the 4rp / level after level 100 is so great and make other points seems not a big deal. But now it's only 2rp / level despite that I brought the premium pass. It seems that the premium journey is not worth as much as I thought.
Mate, that's how it goes:
a) You'll get no compensation. At best you can expect clumsy apologies from CDPR, but most likely not even that. CDPR don't like to admit their fuckups.
b) That's the plan, mate. CDPR want you to pay more. Next time some very cool rewards will be at the very end of extended journey, you'll see ;-)
d) CDPR will probably soon realise they fucked up two times on this one. First time by accidentally launching what was actually the correct business decision. Then by resolving that "mistake" :cry: . By the time the next journey starts they will realise that if people get more rewards they will likely to pay for extended journey.

As I am attempting to conform to the mods request in the previous page .

Instead of commenting directly I will just quote previous pages that people may have missed as not everyone reads the entire thread .

You, and everyone else saying the same thing, are basically complaining that they put in additional rewards compared to the previous Journey. There is exactly nothing wrong with having incentive to play a lot, because it's all optional.

Last Journey many were complaining that after reaching level 100 the game was less rewarding, and now that the devs fixed the problem people complain that it's too difficult to obtain the top-tier rewards intended for players who do plan to play a lot.

The devs just cannot win, can they. :giveup:

I think these 2 posts go well with the point I made above

"Some people are Rich in time but not in money some people are Rich in money but not in time and some are in between neither rich in time or money"

I think the problem people accept they cant have a big house or a private jet or 10000 hours to play video games but somehow that gets lost when it becomes virtual. As some have the opinion that anything virtual should be cheap because you don't really own it and it's not physical and in the end worthless. This also leads to the attitude that the economy of games is different than that of the virtual world

" I can't get everything i want in life but i should not have that limitation in a video game "

Your not going to please everyone.

People keep saying well "100" was good .

What about the people that were not able to make 100 do they not count ?

If the people who were not able to make a 100 don't count then why is it any different for people who can make it to level 100 but cant / dont want to put the effort into making it to 175?

In order for literally EVERYONE who plays this game to get EVERYTHING in the time allotted in the journey they would have to make it akin to a daily reward . win 2 rounds, play 5 artifacts or give it away as login reward

"Well just put junk no one really cares about after the good stuff."

MTGA did that and they ruined the experience for some . Now the it ends after the good stuff does .

So again what is the point of putting in extra level If there is nothing substantial to strive for and not everyone will get. You might as well jsut end the even t after the "good stuff" and leave it at that.

The only solution that has any merit is in one of the original posters comments . If you have to win ( not an accurate number) 1000 round over the three months to get cosmetic then just make a contract that says get cosmetic after 1000 rounds won.

the problem with that is it takes away from making the event special .

Why bother trying during the event time when you will just get it playing normally any time. ?

The devs are not listing rant.

Who are they supposed to listen to ? The forum and social media community are rarely if ever united with one voice . So when people say the devs should listen who should they listen to?

The correct answer is NO ONE on the forums or social media.

quote from below post

"People forget that social media / forum community / popular content creators etc are only the smallest fraction of that actual player base and the devs have information about how people are interacting with their game as a whole. If you have 1 million players and even 100 000 are unhappy about something that is still only 1/10 entier of the player base."

Technically speaking they have have a more accurate picture about what features are or are not working based on how people interact with certain aspects of their game across their entire player base.

anyways just some stuff for anyone who actually read the whole thing to think about.

Last edited:
Was lucky enough to get to 157 and get x4 RP per level each. For the past weeks though I got tired of grinding my way through and went a little easier. I will still reach 175 with just the weekly quests alone, so no harm done.

But yeah, kinda terrible that the devs decided to fix this bug when we are halfway through the Journey. People like me got to take advantage of it (although, honestly I did not know this is a bug, I thought this was the normal reward point amount after level 100), while those who did not reach level 100 cannot. And without any form of compensation. They should have left everything as it was and made sure the bug is fixed for the next journey, although I do hope they are gonna revert to the Geralt journey system of 100 levels and then 2 RP's for an x amount of crowns. The grinding is just too much, and the game itself is not enjoyable anymore after the last patch.

Mate, that's how it goes:
a) You'll get no compensation. At best you can expect clumsy apologies from CDPR, but most likely not even that. CDPR don't like to admit their fuckups.

hi I just got the legendary and assume that it's from journey premium level 94. It added straight to my collection with pop up at top right said a legendary has been added.

It seems that CDPR cares about players and then when they realize their bug, they try to fix it. it's true that release it without the bugs should be awesome but at least this is good enough.

There could be an easy solution, CDPR willing:

- Make this journey last a little bit longer, let's say until the start of another or an extra month or something
- 1 RP on login to compensate for this bug solved mid-journey for next 30 days

I doubt that there might be some kind of event during next month before the Ciri's journey finish.

what I can guess is it might be the challenge (eg play against hard ai) to boost some extra cp or maybe a deal in shop to boost some level after 100.

- the first one is good for players who have time to play and will get some free push more than the weekly cap limit.
- the later one is good for players who want cosmetic but do not have time to play then pay by $$$ instead which I think people in reddit will on fire XD

If you have a bad day, you need more that 2 hours for complete 14 win rounds.
I d´ont like incentives for play a lot of time all days.
If you have some of bad days you waste so much time. I have it including playing in rank 11... not funnny.

I hope they DON"T do any extra crown events. this event the prizes actually have meaning and at least some measure of value because its not easily accessible everyone.

I have managed to juggle r/l stuff and consistently getting 2 levels a day + all quests. It have not been an entirely "enjoyable" experience but as long as they don't do something similar to a " triple bonus crowns " event before ending it will still have "meaning"

If they do offer massive crown bonus near the end it will be not just be a slap in face to everyone who has managed to progress this with the current criteria but also a massive kick to the jewels and make all the effort meaningless to this point if in the end its accessible to everyone.

IB4 ( what about the slap in the face to everyone who doesn't = answered in previous posts )

Last edited:
I hope they DON"T do any extra crown events. this event the prizes actually have meaning and at least some measure of value because its not easily accessible everyone.

I have managed to juggle r/l stuff and consistently getting 2 levels a day + all quests. It have not been an entirely "enjoyable" experience but as long as they don't do something similar to a " triple bonus crowns " event before ending it will still have "meaning"

If they do offer massive crown bonus near the end it will be not just be a slap in face to everyone who has managed to progress this with the current criteria but also a massive kick to the jewels and make all the effort meaningless to this point if in the end its accessible to everyone.

IB4 ( what about the slap in the face to everyone who doesn't = answered in previous posts )

Devils advocate. X number of people spent Y number of dollars. If 1/3 of X are very satisfied, 1/3 are somewhat satisfied, and the final 1/3 are very dissatisfied, is that good or bad for the future of Gwent?

Now, to your above point. You didn’t totally enjoy the grind. It put a lot of pressure on you to really gut it out to get your moneys worth. You take pride in that. Yet, the only way you can totally enjoy it is if other people don’t get their money’s worth. Can I suggest a more reasonable position you could advocate. Instead of punishing others for failing to put in the work why not ask them to give you an additional reward for your dedication and hard work, like an extra 30RP for reaching 200, and let everyone else enjoy what they paid for as well?

Finally, one thought to consider. If you didn’t enjoy the grind, and others are saying they didn’t enjoy the grind, what does that say about the grind itself. This game is supposed to be recreation. If you make less fun or more stressful, you undermine your purpose in getting large number of people to want to play it. If after this month people say, “gee I want to buy it, but I know I don’t have time to get half of what I am buying, and I don’t want to spend huge money on the fast pass, I guess maybe I should let this one go.” If enough people take that approach then the next journey is a disaster.

Devils advocate. X number of people spent Y number of dollars. If 1/3 of X are very satisfied, 1/3 are somewhat satisfied, and the final 1/3 are very dissatisfied, is that good or bad for the future of Gwent?

Finally, one thought to consider. If you didn’t enjoy the grind, and others are saying they didn’t enjoy the grind, what does that say about the grind itself. This game is supposed to be recreation. If you make less fun or more stressful, you undermine your purpose in getting large number of people to want to play it. If after this month people say, “gee I want to buy it, but I know I don’t have time to get half of what I am buying, and I don’t want to spend huge money on the fast pass, I guess maybe I should let this one go.” If enough people take that approach then the next journey is a disaster.

"Devils advocate. X number of people spent Y number of dollars. If 1/3 of X are very satisfied, 1/3 are somewhat satisfied, and the final 1/3 are very dissatisfied, is that good or bad for the future of Gwent?"

Losing customers due to churn for various reason is a natural part of the business cycle. "Infinite growth" without loss is a business impossibility.

"Now, to your above point. You didn’t totally enjoy the grind."

Misrepresentation.

Please state in my post where I said I didn't like the grind. I have stated I don't like the "game" itself and given reasons why in various posts regarding what the devs have done to it since beta.

as for the rest IMO it falls under this

You can't tailor a game for literally everyone's needs.

Last edited:
"Devils advocate. X number of people spent Y number of dollars. If 1/3 of X are very satisfied, 1/3 are somewhat satisfied, and the final 1/3 are very dissatisfied, is that good or bad for the future of Gwent?"

Losing customers due to churn for various reason is a natural part of the business cycle. "Infinite growth" without loss is a business impossibility.

"Now, to your above point. You didn’t totally enjoy the grind."

Misrepresentation.

Please state in my post where I said I didn't like the grind. I have stated I don't like the "game" itself and given reasons why in various posts regarding what the devs have done to it since beta.

as for the rest IMO it falls under this

This is a partial quote but you said “It have not been an entirely "enjoyable" experience but as long as they don't do something similar to a " triple bonus crowns " event before ending it will still have "meaning"”

I admit I paraphrased, but may not have been entirely enjoyable has pretty clear subtext.

As for the rest, my solution was to further reward people who did what you did and grind it out rather than punish people who could not find the time to do so. That is not easily dismissed under cannot win them all. Infact I literally told you how to win them all.

Finally to the point about losing some customers to natural churn. You are correct that you might lose a set percentage. But raising your prices or giving less for the previous amount is a great way to increase that percentage.

This is a partial quote but you said “It have not been an entirely "enjoyable" experience but as long as they don't do something similar to a " triple bonus crowns " event before ending it will still have "meaning"”
I admit I paraphrased, but may not have been entirely enjoyable has pretty clear subtext.

As for the rest, my solution was to further reward people who did what you did and grind it out rather than punish people who could not find the time to do so. That is not easily dismissed under cannot win them all. Infact I literally told you how to win them all.

Finally to the point about losing some customers to natural churn. You are correct that you might lose a set percentage. But raising your prices or giving less for the previous amount is a great way to increase that percentage.

I admit I paraphrased, but may not have been entirely enjoyable has pretty clear subtext. "

you however missed and are still missing the actual reason which it is not enjoyable which still makes your statement inaccurate.

"That is not easily dismissed under cannot win them all. Infact I literally told you how to win them all. "

That is incorrect you did not .

In your example I lose. I don't believe in the everyone gets access to everything philosophy.

My determination of value is based on rarity and exclusivity

If everyone gets "ciri greatest fan title" then it is no longer exclusive or rare so I lose you "not all was won"

"You are correct that you might lose a set percentage. But raising your prices or giving less for the previous amount is a great way to increase that percentage."

it's not that black and white as you make it . You may make less small sales but they could be offset with fewer larger sales there for you could end up with a higher amount of chrn on one type of customer but on the other side increased profits on the other though fewer larger sales.

Last edited:
Top Bottom