Arena is evolving

+
Never did like Arena. I play Gwent bc of the reduced RNG stupidity that other card games have but in Arena its just like, the person with the better cards win. I mean, I've played other CCGs with their own version of Arena and tbh, Gwent has the worst one.
Arena is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stalling game. At least, Arena brings you different experience all the time.

And yes, you will need a decent hand to enjoy it. I would not recommend even starting the run if you have less than 15 golds in your draw.

And yes, you will need a decent hand to enjoy it. I would not recommend even starting the run if you have less than 15 golds in your draw.
I suppose that ultimately, this doesn't matter since Arena is going away in a couple of weeks, but I think that your statement is a significant exaggeration. If players are waiting for 15+ golds, then they're probably playing out no more than a quarter of their runs; although, I will concede that you have literally no chance of winning more than you lose with less than 10 golds in your deck. Regardless, it's important to remember that every time someone immediately ends a run without playing a single game, that's three less wins for everyone else.

I suppose that ultimately, this doesn't matter since Arena is going away in a couple of weeks, but I think that your statement is a significant exaggeration. If players are waiting for 15+ golds, then they're probably playing out no more than a quarter of their runs; although, I will concede that you have literally no chance of winning more than you lose with less than 10 golds in your deck. Regardless, it's important to remember that every time someone immediately ends a run without playing a single game, that's three less wins for everyone else.
I honestly could not care less what other people do. They can take the advice or throw it in the bin ;-)
Practice shows that with less than 15 golds a chance to get to the end is next to zero, and I play rather well. So, to avoid disappointment it makes sense to play with a reasonably strong hand. You do mulligans in the game, don't you? This is the same, kind of mulligan.

IMG_20200927_112020.jpg

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/iydcrb

Don't now if only I have some problems with Arena now, but the last two wins didn't occured the progress - so as I was at 4-th step, after two wins I continue to stay at 4-th step. Any ideas or same problems?
Just third time...

Last edited:
Don't now if only I have some problems with Arena now, but the last two wins didn't occured the progress - so as I was at 4-th step, after two wins I continue to stay at 4-th step. Any ideas or same problems?
Yes, same here. The progress does not show as of approximately 30 minutes ago.

What do you mean arena IS CLOSING? If you plan to make something NEW, why is it necesary to close the current one at all?? And it will take MONTHS to do it? What the hell does this even mean, there are alot of players who play mostly arena, myself included. This is some stupid way to adress something THAT MIGHT END UP BROKEN FOR MONTHS as well. Why is it getting closed while you are working on it, why can't there be 2 mode? That is such a stupid decision.
Hundred times this. Very upset at you CDPR.

Just third time...
I've been experiencing something even worse. Due to CDPR's servers problems, I was given immediate losses upon finding an opponent for 2 of my last 5 games in Arena, and this is over the course of several days. Arena might still be available for another couple of weeks, but with all of these game-breaking glitches, I'm calling it quits early.

I played 500 hours in beta and left after about 50 hours of Homecoming. I came back 2 weeks ago. The standard Gwent is now a lot better game than ever, a variety of mechanics and synergies.

On the other hand, the arena seems to have lost something from its original appeal. It may be related to the same things that made the standard successful. Drafting takes ages, is quite unwelcoming for newbies with these 3+ texts cards. Having to choose the lesser evil (Geralt's dilemma) between cards that fit exclusively 1 specific hipster archetype, doesn't feel rewarding.

Not really. At least none that I know of.

I would've preferred some kind of parallel system where the old Arena could go on while the new system was being implemented. My guess is that because of technical reasons this is a bit too complicated... I'd like an official explanation, though, as this is me just trying to make sense out of it. Hopefully we'll receive a bit more information in the next days. I'll miss the arena.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, i just had the perfect farewell to Arena Mode:

I had been very frustrated with this mode lately. I had been playing it more than usual, and i had been getting pretty good decks, but the outcome was: stomping a few noobs/ really bad decks in the first few matches, then on the 6-9th, i get matched to players with even more ridiculous decks than mine, and worse, terrible bad luck where the opponent just had the perfect (rare) counter for my moves.

After another frustrating loss where a tryharder coinflip abused and even used leader R1 to make sure he screwed me, then i had bad draws and he was able to 2-0 me, i was ready to give up the mode...

Then i tried Arena again, and this deck was... BAD. Nothing like the others, almost no synergy, Call of Harmony leader, zero tall removal/resets/locks, my top 3 cards were: Oak, TInboy, Kambi.

I even considered ripping the contract without trying, but i tried... and i won, and won... and won. And kept winning. I couldnt believe it, this deck was so bad, and i was being very lucky because i never faced those ridiculously broken decks i used to face on match 6-9 before. I did my 1st (and surely last) perfect run with that mess!

I am still in shock, half an hour later. Surely it was the divine light of Kambi meme power that blessed me (Kambi was my favourite card for most of Gwent's career), making quite some nice "discard finishes" :shrug:

My last arena session was well over than 3 months ago.
I kept on drawing cards with no synergies and losing against lucky combo deck

My last arena session was well over than 3 months ago.
I kept on drawing cards with no synergies and losing against lucky combo deck
Yeah, the current Arena is like 90% luck, 10% skill. I'm not even remotely sad that it's being replaced. Even with a highly synergistic deck and perfect playing, if you only have 8-10 Golds, then you are practically guaranteed to lose against opponents who have 16-20. Luck should be a part of every card game, but the current system is just ridiculous.

Yeah, the current Arena is like 90% luck, 10% skill.
But it's not just because of the Arena mode but because card balance updates are not doing their job and CDPR does not have enough knowledge to improve the situation in other way than only to replace this mode with much more pre-build sets of cards.

Top Bottom