Can we thank Adam Smasher?

+
I'm sure you can, the moment before he smashes your atoms.

Johnny may have been/may be a jerk, but Adam Smasher is like a super jerk. And now he's a full borg, so have fun with that lol.

I'm sure you can, the moment before he smashes your atoms.

Johnny may have been/may be a jerk, but Adam Smasher is like a super jerk. And now he's a full borg, so have fun with that lol.
LOL exactly. I would just like to thank him before I take him out or high tail it out of there :p

Why is Johnny a jerk?
Johnny is Anti-corporation so lets imagine that he gets his wish and all of the corporations are gone. Poof end of it all.
What happens to society? What fills that void? You have anarchy, a war over resources, the weak are culled, the strong build up larger crueler empires. Where there is then more death and decay until new nations rise and the cycle repeats. So I find him very short sighted.

Johnny is Anti-corporation so lets imagine that he gets his wish and all of the corporations are gone. Poof end of it all.
What happens to society? What fills that void? You have anarchy, a war over resources, the weak are culled, the strong build up larger crueler empires. Where there is then more death and decay until new nations rise and the cycle repeats. So I find him very short sighted.

Interesting that you want to play a game about Cyberpunk then....

Is it? It's hardly different from reality. An idiot can destabilize a highly sophisticated and functioning society with a little charisma to get the ignorant and unthinking to join their cause. Of course I have no reason to see said idiot as a hero while still enjoying a game he's a part of. Keeping corruption in check that's heroic. Punishing villains that's heroic. Trying to topple society killing many million and inevitably leading to slavery and destitution of millions more. That's not heroic. However like I said I can enjoy the game even with a false hero. Morgan Blackhand is the only real hero I know of in this game.

Why is Johnny a jerk?

Because he is willing to sacrifice people left and right, to get to his end goals. People are just resources to him. Human resources. Which is to say, Johnny may spew anti-corpo rhetoric, but in practice he's like a one man mega-corp.

It's like the big man himself - Max Mike - said in the old trailer. Cyberpunk is not about saving the world, it's about saving yourself. It's about survival in a society that has reached a dead end.

Cyberpunk is not a heroic tale of triumph against an evil empire, like in Star Wars or some other saccarine Disney property. It's an accurate portrayal of neo-feudal society and the power of the average peasant/punk or group of peasants/punks to change that; None whatsoever.

What's compelling about cyberpunk, is that however bad things get, life goes on. It's ultimately about human tenacity and will to survive. And the ability for people to carve out a little piece of joy, out of a shitty situation.

Hey may possibly appear short sighted now before the game releases, but I have a strange feeling in the back of my mind that says once we get to talk to Johnny Silverhand that he will reveal his true motives and intentions and goals and his logical reasoning as to why he wants what he wants. I don't even know for 100% sure if Johnny is "Anti Corporation" or if he's just "Anti Arasaka" for personal reasons and what they did to him and Alt Cunningham.

It may also be very important to consider how it was possible that Alt Cunningham and Johnny Silverhand were compatible as partners. Alt Cunningham is EXTREMELY intelligent. So she definitely wouldn't have fallen in love with Johnny Silverhand if he was just some stupid short sighted jerk or something. Alt is CUNNING.....
"dexterous or crafty in the use of special resources (such as skill or knowledge) or in attaining an end a cunning plotter
characterized by wiliness and trickery cunning schemes displaying keen insight a cunning observation
....Subtlety"

There is definitely more to Johnny and Alt than meets the eye. They didn't just go and attack Arasaka and risk their lives, and then die for no reason. There were reasons.... damn good reasons, that we as the player probably could never imagine until Johnny and/or Alt tell us themselves if possible at some point.

I sense shenanigans in the background of this story. :think:
Because he is willing to sacrifice people left and right, to get to his end goals. People are just resources to him. Human resources. Which is to say, Johnny may spew anti-corpo rhetoric, but in practice he's like a one man mega-corp.
It's like the big man himself - Max Mike - said in the old trailer. Cyberpunk is not about saving the world, it's about saving yourself. It's about survival in a society that has reached a dead end.
Cyberpunk is not a heroic tale of triumph against an evil empire, like in Star Wars or some other saccarine Disney property. It's an accurate portrayal of neo-feudal society and the power of the average peasant/punk or group of peasants/punks to change that; None whatsoever.
What's compelling about cyberpunk, is that however bad things get, life goes on. It's ultimately about human tenacity and will to survive. And the ability for people to carve out a little piece of joy, out of a shitty situation.
The thing about human tenacity is that some will do anything to save themselves, but some will do anything to save the world. I just hope Cyberpunk2077 gives V that chance in some way.

Last edited:
Why is Johnny a jerk?

Johnny asked help from his girlfriend to save his ex-girlfriend.

Johnny organized a surprise concert in front of Arasaka tower and turning the concert of playing Chippin' In he directed his fans to attack the corporate towers getting probably a lot of people killed... cause he needed a distraction.

Johnny kind of 'killed' his ex girlfriend by taking her body away from Arasaka forcing Alt to be trapped as a digital consciousness. She had everything under control before Johnny decided to be the hero.

He wants to burn down a city? How many casualties among corporations does that imply? Seems like a jerk thing to do.

( Please allow us to burn the city centre down CDPR! Or at least give us another mini-nuke to detonate. Brings back memories of Fallout 3 lol )

Johnny asked help from his girlfriend to save his ex-girlfriend.

Johnny organized a surprise concert in front of Arasaka tower and turning the concert of playing Chippin' In he directed his fans to attack the corporate towers getting probably a lot of people killed... cause he needed a distraction.

Johnny kind of 'killed' his ex girlfriend by taking her body away from Arasaka forcing Alt to be trapped as a digital consciousness. She had everything under control before Johnny decided to be the hero.

He wants to burn down a city? How many casualties among corporations does that imply? Seems like a jerk thing to do.

( Please allow us to burn the city centre down CDPR! Or at least give us another mini-nuke to detonate. Brings back memories of Fallout 3 lol )
I know he appears reckless, but I remember hearing someone say that Johnny did not know that removing Alts body would cause her to die or get trapped. At least give him credit for trying right? But yea I would be very upset lol.

I know he appears reckless, but I remember hearing someone say that Johnny did not know that removing Alts body would cause her to die or get trapped. At least give him credit for trying right? But yea I would be very upset lol.

I will give him credit for his ignorance at least. Unless he had prior knowledge of the soul killer, which she had literally just finished creating, there's no way for him to know that she wasn't just unconscious.

I will give him credit for his ignorance at least. Unless he had prior knowledge of the soul killer, which she had literally just finished creating, there's no way for him to know that she wasn't just unconscious.
Hmmm... You would think that she would have been more careful to prevent this as well. :shrug:
It's a sad thing all around though, for sure.

Top Bottom